2001 Space Odyssey sequel TV series by Ridley Scott

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 2001 Space Odyssey sequel TV series by Ridley Scott

variety.com/2014/tv/news/syfy-…ke-novel-3001-1201346056/
      Syfy, Ridley Scott to Adapt Arthur C. Clarke Novel ‘3001’

Syfy developing a miniseries adaptation of Arthur C. Clarke’s “3001: The Final Odyssey” with Scott Free Prods. and Warner Horizon Television.

Screenwriter Stuart Beattie is on tap to pen the adaptation of the book that is the final sequel to Clarke’s classic tome “2001: A Space Odyssey.”

Beattie, Scott Free’s Ridley Scott and David W. Zucker will exec produce. Clayton Krueger will serve as co-executive producer.

“Arthur C. Clarke is the father of modern science fiction,” said Syfy president Dave Howe. “We couldn’t be more excited to be working with Scott Free and Warner Horizon Television to bring to the screen, for the very first time, the final chapter of this extraordinary masterpiece.”

The final “Odyssey” tale continues the story spawned in “2001: A Space Odyssey,” and begins with the discovery of Frank Poole’s frozen body floating in space.

The “Odyssey” series has spanned over three decades, with the initial publication of “2001” in 1968, and concluding with “3001” in 1997. The original Stanley Kubrick film has become a classic, while “2010: Odyssey Two” has been the only other novel in the four-book series to be filmed.

The “3001” miniseries is the second Clarke project set up at Syfy. The net greenlit an adaptation of novel “Childhood’s End,” which begins production later this year.

latimes.com/entertainment/tv/s…-syfy-20141103-story.html
      Ridley Scott to produce '3001: The Final Odyssey' for Syfy

Ridley Scott is going to close the book on the "Space Odyssey" series with "3001."

Scott - the director behind "Blade Runner," "Alien" and other sci-fi classics - will executive produce "3001: The Final Odyssey" for Syfy. The miniseries will be based on the Arthur C. Clarke novel that closed out the "Space Odyssey" quartet that included "2001," which was made into the acclaimed 1968 film directed by Stanley Kubrick.

Syfy did not say when it plans to premiere the miniseries.
      I am thrilled to be bringing that legacy to audiences and continuing the great cinematic tradition that this story and its creators deserve. - Ridley Scott, director

"I have always been a fan of Clarke's extraordinary 'Odyssey' series, and certainly Kubrick's adaptation of '2001,'" Scott wrote in a statement. "I am thrilled to be bringing that legacy to audiences and continuing the great cinematic tradition that this story and its creators deserve."

Syfy earlier announced that it would adapt another Clarke novel, "Childhood's End." That begins production later this year.

In addition to Kubrick's "2001," "2010," the second book in the series, was made into a film in 1984. "2061," the third book, has yet to be adapted.

Finally! The 3001 book was epic. I hope they do 'Halman' justice. :cylon: