(Interview) Scott Weiser From Jackal & Hyde: Words Of Wisdom From A True Master Of The Sound!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• (Interview) Scott Weiser From Jackal & Hyde: Words Of Wisdom From A True Master Of The Sound!

Scott Weiser is known to be a plain-spoken man. And when the "purveyor of the hardcore-Electro sound" gets the opportunity to talk about the syncopated scene, prepare for some lessons from a respectable veteran! For Technobass.net, the co-founder of the legendary Jackal & Hyde project along with long time partner-in-crime Todd Walker goes back into time with me, revealing how he jumped into the Electro train when he was a child, how he started Jackal & Hyde, and how he judges the current dance Electro scene today. With numerous instant classics on labels such as Hallucination Recordings and Frajile Records (as J&H), Dynamix II with David Noller (as Dynamix II), Joey Boy (as Industrial Bass Machine along with UK's Bass Junkie) just to name a few, Scott has nothing more to prove that he hasn't finished to get talked about!

Chris Nexus 6: Welcome Scott, it’s an honor to have you do this interview with me, I am a huge fan of your music! This might be a famous story, but from my European eyes, it remains untold. Briefly tell me how you got into making music, what were your main influences as a kid? What inspired you to get into making music?

Scott Weiser: I began playing piano at age seven and switched to synthesizer and computers in my teenage years. By the luck of the stars, I always had a knack for music, it’s difficult to explain. I would go see movies with my mom even back when I was six or seven years old, and come home afterwards and play parts from the movie’s score or opening theme from the film on our families piano; all by ear and after only one listening in a theater. After witnessing this...Read more!

www.technobass.net