Synapse - Cosmic Freak Gas Bubble - Serotonin Records - SER022

• Vinyl

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Synapse - Cosmic Freak Gas Bubble - Serotonin Records - SER022

The latest release on Serotonin brings recently remastered versions of four classic Synapse tracks from the early years of the label together into the Cosmic Freak Gas Bubble EP

Cosmic Freak Gas Bubble EP preview on Soundcloud

Side A features two tracks from SER004 "Get the Freaks and Get Some". Side B contains two tracks from SER-002, a split EP with Auto Kinetic.

"Cosmic Connection" is classic Synapse electro-chill, featured back in the day on the infamous late night German television series “Space Night” and related compilations. This track is a call to intelligent extraterrestrial seekers of intergalactic FUNK. Use this as your beacon, broadcasting across the galaxy and bringing the aliens to you.

"The Freak" is an undeniable body mover and was featured on the legendary DJ Assault mix CD "Straight Up Shit Detroit Vol 3". An homage to straight up Detroit funk is exactly what Synapse was going for and with “The Freak” they clearly hit the target.

Back in the rave days “Gas" was an electro/breaks cross-over ”hit" in the USA, getting play in dirty warehouses across the nation in 1996. A randomly selected spoken Japanese vocal clip provides a repetetive, non-sensical hypnotic hook. The sample apparently has something to do with environmentalism and sounds cool. The hybrid style of "Gas" hits a lot of the Serotonin values, from funk to new wave melody to breakbeat rave energy.

Just when you think you've figured out what Synapse is all about, ”Bubble" presents yet another hybrid. The hypnotic dub techno chords create a dream state in which to lose consciousness of the fact that the infectious beat already has you rocking.

The "Cosmic Freak Gas Bubble" EP from Synapse is one record to have when you need some funk to match any occasion.

Vinyl shop links via Sound Shelter

early feedback:

DON RIMINI / MENTAL GROOVE RECORDS - "the freak is DOPE"

ANGEL MOLINA / SONAR, TRESOR - "Good to have this in digital, SER 004 (The Freak) was 1 of the most electro tracks played by me 20 years ago... Still into it, and still having the vinyl. Thanks for sending!"

MY FAVORITE ROBOT / FUMOIR / MY FAVORITE ROBOT RECORDS, BEACHCOMA - "The Freak and Bubble are dope thanks!"

REGEN / ILIAN TAPE - "Such great release! Thank you for the music."

NOAH PRED / THOUGHTLESS, BIOTOP, HIGHGRADE - "More quality modern electro from Synapse."

ROB HALL / SKAM - "ahhh this brings back some good memories"

BARKER / LEISURE SYSTEM, OSTGUT TON, BARKER & BAUMECKER - "sick!"

I-ROBOTS - "Synapse - Cosmic Connection I-Robots approved!"

MARCOS IN DUB / MONOFUNK, HIGHGRADE, VIBE ME - "supertracks!"
      JAD & THE LADYBOY / EXPLOITED, RETROFIT, TOY TONICS, SONAR KOLLEKTIV - "cosmic connection is epic :)"
      KALI MODERNPHASE / COMO LAS GRECAS - "its for me ....."

NADJA LIND / KLARTRAUM / LUCIDFLOW, SOMA, DARKROOM DUBS - "yeah!"

ROBERTO CLEMENTI / SOMA, ECHOCORD, HYPERCOLOUR, PETS, KONTRA, ON EDGE SOCIETY - "Synapse - Bubble, I like"