Dark Science Electro PREMIERE

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Dark Science Electro PREMIERE

It’s with great pride that I launch a new extension of the Dark Science Electro brand with a new feature called ‘Premieres’. Certainly not a new/original concept, however, the thing that will set Dark Science Electro Premieres apart from other publishers will be my singular focus on Electro music. The idea is to introduce existing DSE fans to the promos that I get regularly from labels and artists. Each ‘Premiere’ will feature one full track from an upcoming release as well as a few words about the release either written by DVS NME, the artist or the label.

For the first Premiere, we have a track by @fleck courtesy of one of my favorite labels in the UK, @cpurecords - This Sheffield-based label has been putting out some of the best Electro music available since 2012 and label owner Chris Smith shows no signs of slowing down. Fleck ESC’s release is the 63rd effort for the label and it is absolutely in line with the label’s vision thus far. The track I have chosen to premiere is entitled ‘The Selfix Job’. As with a majority of the music produced by Fleck ESC, this track glows with a weird sort of slinky and bubbly sound that carries throughout the track and easily makes it one of the standout songs of the record. This artist has been one of the more prolific Electro music creators of the last decade and you can catch his latest vinyl on pre-sale via: shop.cpurecords.net/ - The official release date of the album is July 6th and will be distributed by Kudos Records London.

• This is the second installment of a new extension of the Dark Science Electro brand called ‘Premieres’. Certainly not a new/original concept, however, the thing that will set @darkscienceelectro Premieres apart from other publishers will be my singular focus on Electro music. The idea is to introduce existing DSE fans to the promos that I get regularly from labels and artists. Each ‘Premiere’ will feature one full track from an upcoming release as well as a few words about the release either written by @dvsnme , the artist or the label.

For the next DSE Premiere we bring to you @lowfish from Vancouver, Canada. The Electro veteran, who’s been programming 808s since the early ‘90s, returns to @suction-records - the label he co-founded and debuted on in 1997, for his first release since 2011. This is suction046 - the “Hypersensitivity” EP. It’s been a while, but as the sprinkling of Lowfish compilation appearances - on labels like Analogical Force and Fundamental Records - over the intervening years have shown, Lowfish isn’t interested in radical changes; it’s all about quality and consistency. The track that I selected for the premiere is an absolute standout on the record. “Favourable Reports” is a clear melodic nod to vintage OMD and Gary Numan and with Lowfish’s trademark synthesizer melodies and flawlessly produced 808 drums, this track shines. This is the 46th release for Suction and is available to order now and releases on June 6th.

Additional resources:
      www.suctionrecords.com
      twitter.com/suctionrecords
      suctionrecords.bandcamp.com
      @suction-records
      www.instagram.com/suctionrecords

• This is the third installment of a new extension of the Dark Science Electro brand called ‘Premieres’. Certainly not a new/original concept, however, the thing that will set Dark Science Electro Premieres apart from other publishers will be my singular focus on Electro music. The idea is to introduce existing DSE fans to the promos that I get regularly from labels and artists. Each ‘Premiere’ will feature one full track from an upcoming release as well as a few words about the release either written by DVS NME, the artist or the label.

Pulse Drift Recordings returns for their 5th vinyl release with a 6 track Electro music compilation. Machines worldwide have been connected to form a musical network. Artists from Germany, the Netherlands, England, Denmark and the U.S. synchronize artificial signals to unite into this transmission. All stylistically different yet still pulsing on the same wave length. The track that I have chosen to debut comes to us from German Electro wizard Das Muster - The full vinyl will be released on June 18th and will be distributed by Clone.

Buy here: clone.nl/item51384.html
      Soundcloud: soundcloud.com/pulse-drift-recordings
      Facebook: www.facebook.com/pulse.drift.recordings/

• This is the fourth installment of a new extension of the Dark Science Electro brand called ‘Premieres’. Certainly not a new/original concept, however, the thing that will set Dark Science Electro Premieres apart from other publishers will be my singular focus on Electro music. The idea is to introduce existing DSE fans to the promos that I get regularly from labels and artists. Each ‘Premiere’ will feature one full track from an upcoming release as well as a few words about the release either written by DVS NME, the artist or the label. The in-demand Finnish duo Morphology joins FireScope Records for their 10-track ‘Traveller’ LP — a vision of travel to destination unknown.

After having released two albums on Zyntax Motor City and EPs on labels such as CPU, Cultivated Electronics, Emotions Electric and Abstract Forms - Morphology’s third album continues their intensive deep-space exploration at the intersection of electronic/electro music and scientific discovery.

Awash in the beautiful sounds of hardware-derived music direct from Morphology’s command center, the album takes listeners into their skillfully crafted universe. Each track is a new world in itself of crisp beats, deep bass lines and melancholic melodies. Interspersing the frenetic pace of hyper-speed travel with ethereal landings, ‘Traveller’ is an intergalactic trip without taking off your headphones. The track I chose to premiere is ’Second Light’, with its fluttering arp work and foreboding bass line, taking travelers to the next dimension. Available for pre-order now and officially releasing on June 4th.

• For the fifth premiere we focus on a new label called Dream Ticket Recordins- This Portuguese label is just two vinyl releases into their tenure with one from Binary Digit and the second effort coming from Binaural. This premiere draws from the 6 track EP entitled ‘Mescla’ which is released June 15th, 2018 and is available for sale now at the link below. The track selected by me to debut is called ‘Machine’ and boy does the name do it justice. This song gushes with machine funk, clocking in at 140 BPM, it will absolutely get you moving if you have a pulse. Binaural has been releasing music under this moniker since 2005 with releases on SCSI-AV, Undersound Records and Djax-Up-Beats. His sound truly comes together on this limited vinyl release with standout tracks like the vocal-driven ‘Director’ and the aforementioned ‘Machine’.

Listen to and purchase the vinyl here:
      dreamticket.bandcamp.com/album/mescla-ep-dt002

Additional resources:
      Soundcloud: soundcloud.com/binaural-1
      Discogs: www.discogs.com/artist/15549-Binaural
      Dream Ticket Facebook: www.facebook.com/dreamticketrecordings/

• For the sixth premiere for @darkscienceelectro we welcome you to an aquatic Electro-tale from the label @electronicleatherette - From a deep sonic underwater universe, we present Moscow-based Electro newcomer @gestaltprocess
      Living in a city of stress and dystopia @gestaltprocess produces rusty synth-tunes using MS-20 and dusty beats from AnalogRythm. You may remember him from one of latest releases on @mechatronicamusicand now we serve you up another banger tune from @gestaltprocess taken from the second release on Dmitry Distant's new label. The release features tracks by: Plant43, Maroje T, Jack Roland and is available for pre-order now.

Pre-order vinyl here:
      Juno: bit.ly/2LmRR4L
      Deejay.de: bit.ly/2LpgVZ8

Additional resources:
      Label: @electronicleatherette
      Facebook: www.facebook.com/Electronicleatherette
      Artist: @gestaltprocess

• For the seventh @darkscienceelectro premiere, we look to Berlin-based label @vortex-traks – The 9th release from the label comes to us from a producer calling himself Vertical67 -
      Vertical67 has been releasing a steady amount of tracks on EP’s and albums on labels like brokntoys, Photic Fields, Lunar Disko, 100 % Silk and Magic Waves. Not bound to one genre at all, Vertical67’s music often fuses elements of Electro, Acid, IDM, Techno and Ambient into his own unique take on electronic music. In 2015 he co-founded his own label with his partner @Naks called Vortex Traks. Recently he released the Friction EP on Mechatronica’s digital sub-label. The ‘Out Of The Void’ EP is his second release on Vortex Traks after the Crystalline EP, which was released in 2016. The track selected by me from his upcoming release is entitled ‘Unknown Territories’. The closing track of the vinyl is a personal favorite of mine due to its dramatic pads, melancholy leads combined with phased hi-hats and solid drum-programming. The full release is available for pre-order now with a tentative release date of June 20th. Find all the details below.

Clips here:
      Vortex-traks – Vertical67-out-of-the-void

Buy here:
      Clone: clone.nl/item51368.html
      Juno: www.juno.co.uk/products/vertical…oid-ep/691421-01/

• For the 8th premiere for @darkscienceelectro premieres, we focus on a brand new label called @crisis-records - The label’s inaugural release, Ad Astra, represents the fruits of a collaboration that has been a long time in the making. @imrekiss, fresh off the back of his evolutionary Strangers EP on Mörk, partners with compatriot @Norwell, who is following up a prolific 2017 – one in which @helena-hauff named his ODD EP her favorite record of the year.

Crisis’ five-track debut is an exploration of mutual sonic interest: sci-fi narrative and analog dedication combine to reinterpret and evolve the blueprint electro it draws influence from. The track selected by me to premiere is entitled 'Alpha Hertz', a driving Electro track with a repetitious bassline, excellently balanced out by floating synth lines and fantastic percussive characteristics. This release is available for pre-order now and will launch in July on the 13th of the month.

Order here: crisis-records.bandcamp.com/releases

Additional resources on Soundcloud
      @crisis-records
      @imrekiss
      @norwell

• For the 9th premiere we move to German producer @Poperttelli via @MaturreRecords - This vinyl release is a 6 track EP, juggling between Electro, Techno and Ambient tracks. Naturally I selected one of the two Electro tracks on the EP for the premiere. Poperttelli told me that he had to start preparing the EP quite a long time ago which explains the title of the release ’Theseus’Paradox’. This philosophical thought experiment of the ‘Ship of Theseus’ can be compared to the creative process in Art, Music, Cinema and so on. It creates questions about the identity of objects and their final forms, but in reality, there is no absolute answer. The track I have chosen to premiere is called ‘Assume’. Clocking in at 113 BPM, this haunting track creeps in a way that might just make you look over your shoulder to make sure you aren’t being followed. Beautiful pad-stabs and a driving arpeggio carry the track through it’s 4:29 run. The vinyl was released June 1st and is currently shipping within 7 days of order being recieved.

Buy vinyl here: poperttelli.bandcamp.com/album/theseusparadox

Additional resources on Soundcloud:
      @poperttelli
      @maturre