D mix. LIVE.... 1983 Paul Winley Records... restoration project. Does anyone have any more information on the original sources?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• D mix. LIVE.... 1983 Paul Winley Records... restoration project. Does anyone have any more information on the original sources?

Hello. Hope everyone is safe & well..Ive been working on a Hip Hop restoration project & would like some guidance.

It's basically forensic restoration of content before 1983. I extract the vocals from a badly recorded Hip Hop tape & re-insert them onto better quality breaks & beats. Also re do the dj's routines & try & recreate the party atmosphere.The test project was D mix because it's available on vinyl & there's some history behind it. I'm trying to track down more information about the event or the tape but I can't get a response from anyone..

I don't use FB. The Old Hip Hop boards are shut down & the Ig & Twitter accounts are inactive. The active YouTube historians like Jayquan or Troy or Dutcholdschool never respond to me. I'm also not selling anything or promoting.
      I'm from the Uk & someone on Discogs forum suggested I contact the University in Usa who have.the Zulu Nations record collection & they cant help.
      Does anyone have any more information on the original sources? Or know any message boards what are active who may be able to assist. ( The title of the Lp is bad enough & I started working on it in March)