the future of ELECTRO EMPIRE

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• the future of ELECTRO EMPIRE

to finally clear up the confusion and rumours about
      who is in control here now, i can now officially annouce that
      hiphop/electro/bboy-breaks label Dominance Records
      is the new owner of the Electro Empire domain and forum.

we are exited about the opportunity to help this unique and oldest online
      platform for the new- and oldschool electro scenes to get back on its feet.
      we are currently working with several people to make things happen.

the forum:
      the first step will be to switch the forum software
      once again to a more flexible and modern standart.
      no posts and no member accounts will be lost during the transfer.
      since we also want to integrate some new special features
      and new graphics / new logo and other things that need a little time
      to be developed properly, we are aiming to get this new forum online
      untill late December.
      (everyone involved does things in freetime, so in worst case it all
      might delay untill January 2009... but it definitly wont
      take another year.. so stay tuned! :)

the website:
      after a crash the recent EEv2 website caused big problems
      and had to be removed by the old hoster.
      We are still trying to get a backup but (apart from small parts of
      the info database) it looks like we will have to start from 0 with this.

for now we have put up a simple index site that you
      see when going directly to the main url www.electroempire.com.

when we have new versions of both the forum and website online
      we will be open for suggestions from all members to improve things.
      the aim for us is to remix this place in the spirit of Rascals EEv1 -
      in his words:

"a site created by electro freaks for electro freaks"!

This is good to hear, as it is over a year since I frequented this place, mainly due to the poor running and no inspiration being filtered back into the site.

Plenty of promises but nothing fulfilled (much like the governmant here in the uK).

To be honest all the blame cannot be put just on Mossey as some of the core members of this site (and I'm not disassociating myself with this either) need to treat newcomers fairly even if sometimes they don't know the difference between Run DMC and Egyptian Lover, it is our responsibilty to help these people to understand with patience and tollerence.

Regarding the future I hope you all the best, but please don't turn your back on the Hip Hop side of this culture (I mean old and new Hip Hop) like in previous years this was been the case.

Respect for taking up the mantle
      Rich

AITCHSKI wrote:

Well done Matt! Will Jimmy still be connected with the running of things aswell pal? And please tell us bud, what exactly happened to Mossey & this place? Did he just "give up" :-/

when jimmy came back recently he didnt know that we were
      already in the process of sorting things out with mossey for the
      takeover. when i explained it to jimmy he said he was very glad
      we are doing this and that he doesnt really want to be involved
      with EE anymore.
      i told him that he will always be welcome and lets see...
      maybe he'll change his mind sooner or later.

as you can imagine.. after such a long string of bad luck with work
      on this place, mossey is holding it in a similar way.
      i really hope we'll stay in contact and that he'll maybe also keep
      contributing new record reviews etc.

Thanks for clearing that up mate.

Some suggestions for new sections bud:

Old Skool Rap
      Mid Skool Rap
      Random Rap
      MP3 section - YOU NEED THIS BACK!

Just an idea & the reason why I am forced to visit other sites ::)

Take a leaf out of Exxclusive Crew II's site Matt - that site is the biz! Dont just concentrate on ELECTRO, as much as I like electro (Kraftwerk etc) my roots really are hip hop. The sad thing is this site USED to cater for all tastes but when Rascal left it did go downhill. That's the main reason for people leaving in the first place. Sure the arguments & b/s didn't help BUT the actual structure of this place fell apart when Mossey took over - an unfortunate disaster! Please take this on board Matt :D

Aitchski
      Postcode lottery........you're thick if you deny it exists

AITCHSKI wrote:

Old Skool Rap
      Mid Skool Rap
      Random Rap

I don't want to get on your case Ste, but i personally don't think that's the way to go. We went from a couple of Sections to multiple, and that helped to fracture everyone who were getting along with each other. Don't forget what's new school to one person is old school to another.

We should combine some of the forums we have now.....

We should have

1. Old School Hip Hop & Breaks section 1978-1989 ( everyone knows all old school Electro was Hip Hop )
      2. New school Electro section
      3. Hip Hop 1990 onwards
      4. General

I'm not sure about an mp3 section, depends on the legalities.

Congratulations in the takeover of Electro Empire Matt but firstly I would also like to thank Mossa for his efforts in the thankless task in the running of EE,I met Mossa for the first time in giving him a lift down from York to Glouster to Ad2005 with his beautiful girlfriend MSX and my old mate Dr Snuggles and through talking to him it immediately became apparent his love and massive knowledge of Electro/hip hop old and new,he truely loves it and somehow this has failed to come across to all of you who sit behind your screens and easily critiscize.I have also been on the same wave level as a lot of you and have often been frustrated by the lack of progress of the site but to be honest it is not the lack of ideas that has been the down fall of Mossa's EE but probably his technological deficiencies a fact that Im sure he'd be first to admit, but be in no doubt that his intentions for the site were good.

I,d like to think that the originator of Electro Empire Rascal intended for it to be a place of learning about the music that he loved.his initial idea being to connect people through their love of Electro/hip hop and I hope that Matt can once again acheive this without the bitchiness that has nearly been the demise of our beloved site year after year.

Matt,I think you will do a good job in modernising EE but please do not take away Rascals original concept and turn EE into a European old school hip hop.com,I can think of nothing more ghastly.once again good luck Yoda 8-)

808beats wrote:

AITCHSKI wrote:

Old Skool Rap
      Mid Skool Rap
      Random Rap

I don't want to get on your case Ste, but i personally don't think that's the way to go. We went from a couple of Sections to multiple, and that helped to fracture everyone who were getting along with each other. Don't forget what's new school to one person is old school to another.

We should combine some of the forums we have now.....

We should have

1. Old School Hip Hop & Breaks section 1978-1989 ( everyone knows all old school Electro was Hip Hop )
      2. New school Electro section
      3. Hip Hop 1990 onwards
      4. General

I'm not sure about an mp3 section, depends on the legalities.

"We should combine some of the forums we have now....."
      Yes!!!!!!!

"I'm not sure about an mp3 section, depends on the legalities".
      Lots of other sites have 'em Phil with no problems :-/

Maybe my suggestions then could be integrated into one section called Hip Hop/Electro Past To Present - this would cover Old Skool, Mid Skool etc Phil all in one section :D
      Postcode lottery........you're thick if you deny it exists

Just my two sense but combining different eras of hip-hop/electro into one section may cause people to be turned off somewhat. For instance, I don't collect or listen to 90's hip-hop at all. It would annoy me a little to have to scroll through many pages of topics to find a possible discussion thread. Some of the other forums have it broken down much more and it works really well. Say 1979-1989 Hip-Hop/Electro/Breaks and 1990 to present Hip-Hop/Electro/Breaks. A scan section would be nice and yes, an mp3 section is needed OR at least make the mp3 section private were as members have to post a certain no. of topics to show that they are not just leechers to get into this section. And they would have to keep up with being an active member to stay in this VIP area if you will. Look forward to the much improved EE.

For me, I would do the following:

I would make the site accessable only to people who registered and not fully open to everyone to browse as this can leave it open for people to just join and reply with crap that has nothing to do with our site.

I wouldn't add an MP3 section for a few reasons that have already been mentioned, legalality problems, loads of other sites already have MP3 sections so why follow the herd?, MP3 attracts leeches solely here to pester people to upload their records but don't want to contribute to other parts of the site, if friends want MP3's of other friends records then there is always the PM system.

Section wise I would have the following:
      General section (all things non music releated)
      Old Skool section (anything Pre-1990) (Why seperate different genres of music and have more sections?)
      New Skool Section (anything Post-1990) (Why seperate different genres of music and have more sections?)
      Sale/Trades section (a stable for all forums)
      Products section (for Record companies to advertise Music for sale or forthcoming)
      Site adminstration section ( a section for the site moderators to announce new features, rules etc)
      I don't see the point in a specified scan section, why not just make a sticky in each section?

These are things that I would do but obviously you will have your view for the site, but maybe these may help?