Electro blog sharing our music

• Electro blog sharing our music

Yes, and unfortunately this is not the only blog, you can find more then twenty of blogs like this..... Fortunately nobody wants to release my shitz, so I'm just calm. Nobody will stop the piracy and with electro it's harder.... Some people can't take some stuff, because they don't have support in their country. Fortunately I have lot of friends abroad and here in prague is shop, where you can offer waxes and CD's from US and other countries for cheap prices. Anyway, I don't have nothing against sharing some rare pieces and oldschool stuff, if it wasn't released in re-edition

untrue, I care, but I only stated that piracy will always be here..... You can browse on the net and find a load of simmilar blogs and try to shut them down..... I did this in past many times and in half cases, they wrote that they didn't see any problem with blog. So I'm just watchin' my own business nowadays

sad to see that so many people dont bother to give a minimum
      of real support to what they love. instead they contribute to kill it on the long run.

i hope that blog gets shut down!

Dynamixx Prince wrote:

I did this in past many times and in half cases, they wrote that they didn't see any problem with blog.

did that blog offer any of your own material that you own copyrights to?

it should be the decision of the copyright owner whether his work
      is given away for free or not. its as simple as that.

maybe artists who would share their works for free anyway
      dont have a problem with blogs like that,
      but once you invested a little more into releasing music
      u will see that a little different.

if the bloggers want to support hard to find underground artists...
      why dont they just post teasers or mixes and spread the WORD?
      why do they offer the artists complete songs as if they would own it?
      where is the respect? :-X

i hate blogs with new electro releases...i always try to support new electro. i dont buy all, but i buy the stuff i like.
      the main goal of some people is to have the vinyl.and to keep vinyl alive, the labels should be supportet.

i think the most music lovers, djs buy the stuff...these blogs are mostly from young people who dont have much knowledge about the electro or old school hip hop scene and not even turntables.
      they just found this music in the net a few years ago, collected the mp3s on audiogalaxy, napster and especially on soulseek...and they stealing the scans from discogs, websites ect...and then they put all this stuff on blogs....80s out of print rare music is ok...but new releases..thats really disrespectful.

but i also need to say: i dont would support artists like "reeno" with a narcissistic king mentality and who is dissing other artists and also the customers!
      If his stuff would be better...i would leech it ;)
      also if it would be released on a label i like instead on his own label...

elektroakust. wrote:

did that blog offer any of your own material that you own copyrights to?

No, only sites they are have my music are bassradio.net and my private sites, but my music that is spreaded on the net is free to use.....
      But I know how is your feelings about sharin' music that you makin' for money..... It's normal that two friends sendin' tracks between them two, but offerin' music in this wide spread is really a big shame.
      If I will have money for it, I will found my own label, but maybe sometimes in future. Czech republic isn't to friendly for electro style and I'm only electro producer here..... Only musicians respecting me but people hate me because I'm not making a ''good old'' hip hop....
      Motherfuckers anyway

Dynamixx Prince wrote:

But I know how is your feelings about sharin' music that you makin' for money.....

for us, its basicly like doctorcrack said... about keeping vinyl and
      everything special thats connected to it alive.
      from freaks for freaks. releasing electro music / vinyl records is nothing to live from or to become rich unfortunately...
      i guess many still think running a "record label" means big houses, whirlpools, cuban cigars, women and champagner all day... ;D
      and so there goes the support........

O.K., I took down the link, as people on other boards actually started to download stuff and thanked me for posting a link to "free" stuff. So much for a united scene.

The blog is down. I filed a DMCA complaint with google, who hosted it, and either they shut it down, or after they gave the owner of the blog a warning, he got scared and shut it down himself. I also talked to the owner of the blog and made clear, that if he would have asked, that we would have been able to work out something. But taking stuff without consent is not acceptable. There are many ways to support a scene and to show that you are a fan. But sharing music you don't have the rights for, is just wrong. I already loose enough money running a label, even without being ripped off by "supporters".

A.