The Future Shock

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The Future Shock

Hi all,

I've just started a new show on Ipswich Community Radio FM, dedicated to electro, called The Future Shock. Inspired by my old hero from the 80's Mike Allen of Capital Radio, the shows format is more informative than just a straight forward 60min DJ mix, giving the listener full track details on air, basically spreading the word and hopefully in the up coming shows some interviews with the artists [anyone interested please contact me anti-hero@ntlworld.com].

You can listen to it on FM radio in the local Ipswich [UK] area on 105.7 FM and online via mp3 streaming at www.icrfm.co.uk

At present each show is being broadcast on the monthly overnight schedule [Tuesdays 6am-7am - its repeated for 4 weeks, then the next part/show runs] until another time slot becomes free [circa sept 08].

I have made part one which was broadcast last month available to download in 128kbps mp3 format here....

Drop me a line if you have any requests or shout outs, and of course I'll be pluggin EE on my next show...it slipped my mind this month [soz moz ;D]

Peace & Destruction

Martin [Evolvah]
      :cylon: Electro/Breakbeat/80's Hip Hop Freak! :cylon:

facebook.com/martinjohnsmith
    • The Future Shock

Hi all,

The show is now in full weekly swing, so far feedback has be incredibly positive. Thanks for tuning in and sending me your comments, much appreciated.

Ok, I would like to add a new element to the show, one-off exclusive 'Future Shock' DJ mini-mixes, initially I will be limiting them to once a month with a maximum duration of 30-45mins. Enough time for say a Top 10 if you like, it can be old school electro/future breaks or new school or both.

The reason for the limitation is to keep the shows unique regular format of play track/give information uncompromised. However, I'm also keen for DJ's to have a showcase for their talents, it is has always been a symbiotic relationship in this genre, which I whole heartedly support and long may it continue.

Format must be in either high quality WAV or 128+kbps mp3 - Max duration 45mins

Please send either,

A download link to...

icrfutureshock@ntlworld.com

or a CD to...

The Future Shock
      ICR FM
      120 Princes Street,
      Ipswich, Suffolk
      IP1 1RS
      UK

I look foward to hearing from you.

Peace

Martin

• The Future Shock

Hi all,

Anyone in Ipswich or in front of a PC on the internet in a bit??

Do you like Electro?

Do you like Breakbeat?

The Future Shock radio show is on tonight..

Friday 12AM till 2AM GMT - IN-A-INGLAND

or US EST 19:00 / PST 16:00
      or Berlin 01:00
      or Istanbul - Sat 04:06
      or Tokyo - Sat 08:00]

FM Radio @

105.7 FM in the Ipswich UK area's

OR

Online @

edopro.co.uk/ICR/icr.m3u

Tune in & flip out!

Peace

Martin [Evolvah]

• The Future Shock

Hey EE Peepz,

I've been a busy little b-boy lately, the shows going full force now on my local FM radio station. Just thought I'd send a mailshot out to update everyone on what little treats I have instore for my listeners.

Tonights show features a superb DJ mix featuring some of Serbia's finest new electro producers. Plus some robo-funk tunes from the past 3 decades...inc Hardrock Soul Movement, Proffesor X, Egyptian Lover, EdmX and many more!

Next weeks show is a cracker, a whole 2 hours dedicated to our homeboy Phil Klein [AKA Bass Junkie], including an interview I did with him a few weeks ago, he talks candidly about all things electro and beyond! also featuring some of his best tunes and some of his own personal favs from the past 25 years.

And in a few weeks time I'll be doin another all old school tunes show, which will feature an exclusive interview that I recorded yesterday with mr hold it now hit it...Mike Allen!!

If you want to download any of the previous shows you can do so here..

mediafire.com/thefutureshock

and for all the playlist and artist details you can find them on ...

www.myspace.com/icrfutureshock

there's more to come, I'm just getting started!

Peace

Martin

• The Future Shock

Hi Matthias and EE peeps!

I've just uploaded this weeks show blog on myspace, its a rather special one that I hope you'll all enjoy, because its the Bass Junkie special which includes an interview with the man himself, and some of his best tunes and some of his very own favourites to. So please visit myspace.com/icrfutureshock and open the blog from there where you will find the links to download the mp3 of the show.

Peace

Martin

• The Future Shock

Hi all,

This weeks show was a special feature on Maschinen Musik, 2 hours of heavy breaks and tech-electro. If you tuned in...wicked! if not then you can visit myspace for downloads, next weeks show is a label feature for electro-bass new commers Devine Disorder recs. The week after is another all old school show with a extra special element, an exclusive interview with Mike Allen [ex-Capital Radio] that I recorded a few weeks ago.

Tune in www.icrfm.co.uk or 105.7 FM in the Ipswich area.

Peace

Martin

• The Future Shock

Tune in to The Future Shock radio show tonight...

On the show this week we have a label showcase featuring the up and coming electro breaks heads - Devine Disorder , a dark and fearsome mix of pure electro beats and hard rockin breaks.

Show times ....

Friday 12AM till 2AM [GMT] - IN-A-INGLAND
      or USA - EST 19:00 / PST 16:00
      or Berlin Sat 01:00
      or Tokyo - Sat 08:00

FM Radio @

105.7 FM in the Ipswich, UK area

OR

Online @

Click on this link to open up the live mp3 stream..

edopro.co.uk/ICR/icr.m3u

Peace

Martin [Evolvah]

• The Future Shock

Tune in to The Future Shock radio show tonight...

On the show this week we have an ALL old skool hip hop show, with an extra special bonus ...an interview with Mike Allen of Capital Radio's Hip Hop show during the 1980s.

Hope you can make it..

Show times ....

Friday 12AM till 2AM [GMT] - IN-A-INGLAND
      or USA - EST 19:00 / PST 16:00
      or Berlin Sat 01:00
      or Tokyo - Sat 08:00

FM Radio @

105.7 FM in the Ipswich, UK area

OR

Online @

Click on this link to open up the live mp3 stream..

edopro.co.uk/ICR/icr.m3u

Peace

Martin [Evolvah]

• HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Big Big Thanks to everyone who tuned in this week, as you may have been aware the station was on lock down for the holidays so all of my shows were recorded weeks ago! sorry if anyone sent in shout outs & requests etc of course they will be on next weeks show [I promise].

This is how it went down....

[01] Dynamik Bass System - Arabian Dreams [Final Mix] [From New Album The Mighty Machine - Dominance Electricity - 2008]

[02] DJ R21 - Rhythm Machine [Remix 2008] [Unreleased Myspace Tune of the Week!]

[03] SbaSSShip - Pre-Existent Future [Block Universe EP - Electronic Corporation 2004]

[04] Downrocks - Entropia (feat Dark Vektor) [Beathazard - 2008]

[05] Mas 2008 - Machine Soul [Un-destroyable Structures - Electronic Corporation - 2007]

[06] Bacaloa - The Robots [Die Roboter] [8-Bit Operators - The Music Of Kraftwerk - Astralwerks - 2007]

[07] Underground Resistance - Baghdad Express [Electronic Warfare 2.0 - The Other Side Of Bling - Submerge Recordings - 2008]

[08] Boris Divider - Redencion [La Hora De Las Maquinas - Drivecom - 2006]

[09] Boris Divider - Remote Operator [Drivecom - 2007]

[10] Dark Vektor - Sempre Es El Mateix [Net Adikted - Drivecom - 2006]

[11] Defekt - We are Automated [Unreleased Myspace Tune of the Week!]

[12] Anthony Rother - Biomechanik (E Master Mix) [Psi49net - 2001]

[13] Dynamik Bass System - Electronic [From New Album The Mighty Machine - Dominance Electricity - 2008]

[14] Computer Rockers - Compter Interface (Bass Junkie Remix) [Breakin' Records - 2007]

[15] Bass Junkie - Infiltrator [From the new CD Comply - Battle Trax - 2008]

[16] Silicon Scally - Moment [Bioroid - Satamile Records - 2007]

[17] Dr Schmidt - Ghosts [Maschinen Musik - 2008]

[18] Umwelt - Outlaw World [Galvanic Vestibular Stimulation - Satamile Records - 2006]

[19] Blotnik Brothers - Don't worry you won't dissolve [Mizuage - Satamile Records - 2007]

[20] Bubblyfish - It's More Fun to Compute [8-Bit Operators - The Music Of Kraftwerk - Astralwerks - 2007]

Here's the mp3 archive for anyone who missed it..

Part A - [1st Hour] - mediafire.com/?signj49ng44

Part B - [2nd Hour] - mediafire.com/?wxbh4tmhoam

Be sure to tune in again next week coz I got more incredible electro music for you lucky lucky people, including an exclusive preview of the new digital compilation on Subsonic Device featuring exclusive tracks from Darxid, Supreme.Ja, Dark Vektor, Dynamik Bass System & many more!! Plus an update on the relaunch of the 'Street Sounds' record label. So be sure to tune in Friday Midnight [UK Time].

Peace!

Martin [Evolvah]
    • Hey All!

Thanks to everyone who tuned in last night, I hope you enjoyed listening to the show as much as I did makin it. It was probably the most varied and 'eevil' show I've done, the experiMENTAL stuff seemed to go down well too which I'm very happy about coz I love that twisted sound ;o) Big thanks to Mario at Subsonic Device for sending me over the new compilation promo, some really top stuff on there Europes finest bass heads at their very best, I think its due for digital release in the next few weeks, I would say check out myspace.com/subsonicdevicecrew for the latest news and more samples.

This is how it went down....

[#01] Bass NGN - Dark Sektor [European ElectroBass Development (Phase I) Subsonic Device - 2009]
      [#02] Supreme.Ja - The Darkside [Exceleration Records - 2006]
      [#03] Kronos Device - Dark Shadows [Dead Silence/SMB/Audio Illiusion - 2002]
      [#04] Kronos Device - Machine Breed [Battle Trax - 2004]
      [#05] Elektro Nation - Woman-Machine [Fuel Records - 1998]
      [#06] Galaxian - End Of Forever [blackmontanas.com - 2008]
      [#07] Netzwerk Florida - Netzwerk Florida [PSI49NET - 2002]
      [#08] Silicon Scally - Gigaquad [Datapunk - 2004]
      [#09] Volsoc - Jrumn [World Electric - 2002]
      [#10] Si Begg - Control This Thing [Noodles Recordings - 2006]
      [#11] Bytecon - A Travesty Without A Remedy [Satamile Records NYC - 2006]
      [#12] Bass Kittens - Rise Of The Machine [Bowwow - 2005]
      [#13] Illektrolab - Heavy Hitter [Advanced Robotiks - 2008]
      [#14] Full Spectrum - My Amusement (Original Mix) [Bass Gun Records - 2008]
      [#15] Line Of Sight - Origin [European ElectroBass Development (Phase I) - Subsonic Device - 2009]
      [#16] Doc Roc - Noise In This Joint [Solution Records - 2002]
      [#17] Joe Galdo & Juniorrock - Rock It [Back II Boom - 2008]
      [#18] Hydraulix Vs Doc Nasty - Upset The Setup [Black Magic Records - 2008]
      [#19] GAMMACHILD - Ghettobot [Unreleased Myspace tune of the week - 2009]
      [#20] The Sonarphonics - Attack on the Planet of Bass [Pandisc - 1988]

Here's the mp3 archive for anyone who missed it..

Part A - [1st Hour] - mediafire.com/?m3exja2y2dg
      Part B - [2nd Hour] - mediafire.com/?2ypdtnqzqnc

Be sure to tune in again next week coz I got even more wicked electro bass for your face and hopefully even more news on the new Street Sounds release.

Peace!

Martin [Evolvah]