Poor old Bootee...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Poor old Bootee...

I think it was on the strength of The Message that GMF&TF5 got into the Rock'n'Roll hall of fame, I feel its a travesty as Duke Bootee had the concept, produced it, wrote the lyrics, rapped on it and had to convince Melle Mel to do his verse (from Super Rappin') and it was put out under GMF&TF5's name. Does Duke get ANY credit ever? NO! For a single that was that important and groundbreaking? If I was Sir Bootee, I'd be VERY pissed. What do you think? I'm a big fan of Sir Bootus and I wanna champion his cause... :D

The Booted One has made some significant contributions to Hip Hop music and he is sadly not recognised by many as a mad bearded pioneering genius! BIG UP THE BOOT!
      ELECTROFUNK is a subsidiary of HIP HOP MUSIC AND CULTURE, don't you forget it suckaz...
    • beagle;21581 wrote:

I think it goes to show what a humble and decent man he is.

A lesser man would sue and take them ti the fuckin' cleaners.

(he's also one of my musical heroes).

Take the Booted One, throw in the Latin Rascals and season with some grated DJ Cheese, damn that shit was tasty! What a combo they made... I know me and you (Brad) are the biggest fans these chaps have ever had...
      ELECTROFUNK is a subsidiary of HIP HOP MUSIC AND CULTURE, don't you forget it suckaz...
    • lj;21936 wrote:

i was only aware of the message, could you name some more tracks?

You serious ?

King Kut ◄ (6 versions) Beauty And The Beat Records ... 1985
      King Kut (12") Beauty And The Beat Records 1985
      King Kut (12") ARS Productions 1985
      King Kut (12") Profile Records 1985
      King Kut (12", RE) Beauty And The Beat Records 1985
      King Kut (7", Promo) Profile Records 1985
      King Kut (12", RP) Beauty And The Beat Records, Beauty And The Beat Records 2007
      Triple Threat (12") Beauty And The Beat Records 1985
      Coast To Coast ◄ (4 versions) Profile Records ... 1986
      Coast To Coast (12") Profile Records 1986
      Coast To Coast (12") Champion 1986
      Coast To Coast (12", Promo) Profile Records 1986
      Coast To Coast (7") Champion 1986
      Get Off My Tip! (12") Profile Records 1986
      I'm A Homeboy (7", Promo) Profile Records 1986
      I'm A Homeboy / Psycho Lorraine (12") Profile Records 1986
      I'm A Homeboy / Psycho Lorraine (12", Promo) Profile Records 1986
      If You Want Love (12") Total Control (UK) 1986
      Lies, Lies (12") Profile Records 1986
      Lies, Lies (12", Promo)

Some REAL classic Hip hop there.
      Live from TTO studios
    • lj;21936 wrote:

i was only aware of the message, could you name some more tracks?

King Kut, Triple Threat, Coast to Coast, Rap-O-Matic's Lies, Lies, MC Crash'sLife on the Street, K-Rob's I'm a Homeboy, Broadway, Get of My Tip, everything by the Point Blank MC's...

You must know these jams?
    • kerode;21998 wrote:

he does get credited on the vinyle does he not or am I thinking about The Message II

also Point Blank MC.s - Hard To The Body is a tune if someone wants to pm me a mp3 of this joint - well lets just say I would not object

Message II is by Duke Bootee featuring Melle Mel, should have been artist line for The Message to be accurate...
    • A lot of people don't get credited on Sugarhill, thats the way it was, Shady people running a shady operation, ulttimately it is why it failed, and similar electro labels all fail.

You can only fuck someone over once!!!! It still goes on in the scene today... I wonder how many current ELECTRO ARTISTS are getting royalties from current Album releases, I bet i can count them on one finger.

Many artists have admitted to me they won't deal with certain labels and companies for fear of being ripped off and even more simply that they will not return any royalties for the small amount of sales there really are. which is a shame.

Duke Booty, didnt get the credit, But hell, Clayton Savage didnt get paid or any credit and he wrote most of the Work PArty Album for Melle Mel and FF after the split with GMF, he has told me the label was well fucked up.

Nothing changes with Electro , That is why many artists got sick of getting ripped of in the late 80's and went over to House or Bass Freestyle music where money could be made from publishing.

Many young kids these days don't even understand what label copy / Royalties are, let alone a publishing deal, and that is why they will continue to get ripped of, and get fed up.

One word of Warning, Never ever pay a label or publishing company upfront for Inclusion on a release or even Advice. If they want to sign you, they will pay you upfront, with a proper Advance and contract of Schedule of royalties.
      " DECKGENERAL"

"ELECTRO NATION LIVE RADIO SHOW"

Back Soon - New Shows - New Chart -
    • ELECTRO-NATION;22014 wrote:

One word of Warning, Never ever pay a label or publishing company upfront for Inclusion on a release or even Advice. If they want to sign you, they will pay you upfront, with a proper Advance and contract of Schedule of royalties.

I was telling somebody here this not too long ago when they had asked if peeps had paid to get on the Nu Electro comp.