DON'T FESS

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• what is your definition of "rare"?

for me, rare Electro Rap Records are for example: Diamond 2 Crew, Unique Crew, 2 Tough MC's, ICM....sometimes you have to search years for them.

but Shaquan??if you have a bit of spare money you can buy 1 or 2 copys of Dont Fess every month...its just a expensive record, not that rare. But thats my oppinion friends ;)
    • doctorcrack;1090 wrote:

what is your definition of "rare"?

for me, rare Electro Rap Records are for example: Diamond 2 Crew, Unique Crew, 2 Tough MC's, ICM....sometimes you have to search years for them.

but Shaquan??if you have a bit of spare money you can buy 1 or 2 copys of Dont Fess every month...its just a expensive record, not that rare. But thats my oppinion friends ;)

True brother.

Don`t Fess was an arsehole to find for years but the last couple of years plenty have arisen i`ll admit.

RARE is hard to define in a way for example :

Monster Beat - you would have thought this would be easy to find what with it being on a fairly large independent label in Reality and being included on 2 Streetsounds Electro`s but maybe one pops up once a year on eBay.
      Live from TTO studios
    • You couldn't find a copy of Don't Fess say 10 years ago for instance. It was basically impossible to seek one out. There were only about a thousand pressed thus making the prospect of buying a copy an immense struggle. It was Freddy Fresh who actually sent me a copy eventually (cheers Freddy)

"what is your definition of "rare"?

Obviously you live somewhere like Germany doctorcrack yes? Ya'll have the rarest of the rare over there for some unknown reason. A lot of what we Brits class as "rare" you all probably get free with a packet of cigs & a pint of milk mate ;D ;D ;D LOL!

"for me, rare Electro Rap Records are for example: Diamond 2 Crew, Unique Crew, 2 Tough MC's," - rare yes but they're all shite mate bar the 2 Tough MC's. Just my opinion of course ;) Just like that garbage Peter Rock - Never Gonna Stop That Rock & that other rare nonsense Moonrock. Terrible tracks & highly sought after - WHY? I can't understand it. People paying high prices for wack trax :o

Some QUALITY rarities that spring straight to mind are:
      LA Wee VO & Felly Fell - Rappin / Just Flakin
      Mr Tuxedo & King Stro - Cadillac 12"
      Most Wanted - Good Old Days
      Joe Cool - Check Out My Jam
      Poison Ladd SLR & Extortionist B - I Need Juanita
      MC Player - I Wanna Hear You Scream
      Cosmic Force - Cosmic Punk Jam
      Cool V's Tribute To Scratching Part 2
      Ultimate Choice - Set It off
      Ultimate Choice - And I Love It
      Baritone Tiplove - The Happy Hooker
      The Sample Kings - How Ya Livin'

There's plenty more :D

Peace doc :D
      Postcode lottery........you're thick if you deny it exists
    • keep cool aitchski
      it is YOUR oppinion that tough mc's is crap and all the others i named for example are shit.
      if you cant understand that other people like moonrock and pay much for it, its your problem. you dont need to buy it if you dont like.i love this track.

ps im not german and i dont think that the taste in music has something to do in witch country we live ??? ???
      this would be a new psychological fact for me ;D

PS: can you proof that Dont Fess only were pressed 1000x?or is it just a unconfirmed rumor??
    • LOL, I am totally cool man ;D We both have different tastes in music which is fine. You gave a short list of about 3 or 4 & I actually only thought 1 was worth praising (2 Tough Mc's). Not worth falling out over is it bud?

it is YOUR oppinion that tough mc's is crap
      No doc, I actually said "bar the 2 Tough MC's". Read my reply again thoroughly bud ;)

"for me, rare Electro Rap Records are for example: Diamond 2 Crew, Unique Crew, 2 Tough MC's," - rare yes but they're all shite mate bar the 2 Tough MC's.

You misundesrtood the Germany connection mate. It wasn't a diss or anything LOL! It's just common knowledge that the German guys seem to have all the rarest & dopest electro - that's all.

"PS: can you proof that Dont Fess only were pressed 1000x?or is it just a unconfirmed rumor??"

Silvio Tancredi (original owner of Midnight Sun Records) told me this in an email when I contacted him a couple of years ago. That's all I can tell you on that score doc. I think Freddy Fresh might be able to back me up here because he is friends still with Silvio. I'll contact Freddy.
    • I will have to agree with doctorcrack here Don't fess dosen't seem to be rare nowadays, and I'm sure that somewhere I read or heard that there is 2 - 5000 copies of Don't Fess which would explain why it is seen so often nowadays.

Monsterbeat I would def say is rare along with those mentioned by Doctorcrack (in fact I can't say I've ever heard the Unique Crew record) the other two are both good but Diamond 2 is by the more superior record (one which I very much doubt I will ever afford does anyone have any MP3's of those tracks?).

Aitch mate I very surprised you have put down Ultimate Choice as being rare (Oh by the way them tracks are on the same 12") as I see it quite often.
    • "Aitch mate I very surprised you have put down Ultimate Choice as being rare (Oh by the way them tracks are on the same 12") as I see it quite often".

Rich, don't be getting confused with the common but dope Ultimate Choice 12" How I'm Livin / Keep It On / You Can't Front on Citi Beat Records mate ;) I have that one already.
      Set It Off / And I Love It is a 12" I've been searching for for ages & believe me IS as rare as hens teeth :-/ But please, if you ever see Set It Off / And I Love It by Ultimate Choice on vinyl for sale let me know Rich mate, I need that one ;)
    • Don't Fess was pressed to 4000 copies as I understand...and it's overrated in my opinion. Good, but not great - a killer on the first few spins but pretty tedious after a while. In 2005 the price for this was around 100 to 150 but now it's closer to the 50 mark and this is surely because there is a copy on ebay probably once a month. I reckon it's still reasonably desirable but not particularly rare.

Now Diamond II Crew - thats a rare record as proved by the couple that have appeared over the past few years. Popsike shows that a copy sold for nearly £400 a few years back and recently another went for a touch over £300. MCI on T. Port - that too is a tune which fetches over £200. There are many more of these synth rap type of records which fecth huge prices and these are the RARE mid 80's records in my opinion.
    • boggietroid;1217 wrote:

Don't Fess was pressed to 4000 copies as I understand...and it's overrated in my opinion. Good, but not great - a killer on the first few spins but pretty tedious after a while. In 2005 the price for this was around 100 to 150 but now it's closer to the 50 mark and this is surely because there is a copy on ebay probably once a month. I reckon it's still reasonably desirable but not particularly rare.

Now Diamond II Crew - thats a rare record as proved by the couple that have appeared over the past few years. Popsike shows that a copy sold for nearly £400 a few years back and recently another went for a touch over £300. MCI on T. Port - that too is a tune which fetches over £200. There are many more of these synth rap type of records which fecth huge prices and these are the RARE mid 80's records in my opinion.

Well I stand corrected then mate, Silvio Tancredi (the guy who actually owned Midnight Sun Records) was incorrect & lied to me ::) I'll contact him & let him know that you know exactly how many copies were pressed mate
      :D ;D :D ;)
    • AITCH-SKI;1222 wrote:

Well I stand corrected then mate, Silvio Tancredi (the guy who actually owned Midnight Sun Records) was incorrect & lied to me ::) I'll contact him & let him know that you know exactly how many copies were pressed mate
      :D ;D :D ;)

No, if you've spoken to Silvio Tancredi then you must be right. It's Freddy Fresh who is wrong in his book. Maybe you should let him know? :)