Obama and the Nobel Peace prize

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• On the first day of his presidency Barack Obama carried more weight for peace then George Bush did in his entire term.
      The announcements of the closure of the illegal prison Guantanoma Bay (and the succesive steps thereafter), the steps to retreat from Irak and negotiating with Northern-Korea and Iran are important for worldpeace.
      A welcome side-effect is that since he has won the Nobel price for peace he has to act upon it. And the best thing he did for peace thusfar is to propagate healthcare for everyone in the US.
    • lb.IP;30688 wrote:

givn' escalating a loosing battle.

He made it clear in his statement when he received the nobel price. Barack Obama said something along the line that generally there are no reasons for war yet sadly there are exceptions. E.g. Exit strategies in a negative situation without a future are key goals.

Besides that isn't it important that we have to relate the correct response to mischief. For example when a young naive boy steals a bar of candy just for the kicks and it's his first mistake surely a fierce warning would suffice or do you think he should be prosecuted and taken to court?
    • lb.IP;30688 wrote:

as someone who went to a WA State Dem convention as a delegate for Obama, it would have made me feel better about the situation if he would have turned it down.

i think that would have been the proper thing to do givn' escalating a loosing battle.

i agree hes not deserving and should have turned it down.

regarding iraq/afghanistan, you would have thought they would have learned from vietnam??
      the only good thing to come out of that was the rambo films ;D

in fact why are troops still in the middle east, there are no weapons of mass destruction and never were,all the oil was drained years ago,i dont buy for one second they are still there
      "as peacekeepers and for the good of the native people.
      there is definately another agenda going off still,otherwise they wouldnt be there..
    • m.a.n.d.r.o.i.d;30934 wrote:

regarding iraq/afghanistan, you would have thought they would have learned from vietnam??

dont forget full metal jacket ;D if it wasnt for that movie 2 live crew wouldnt have made me so horny lol
    • m.a.n.d.r.o.i.d;30934 wrote:

in fact why are troops still in the middle east, there are no weapons of mass destruction and never were,all the oil was drained years ago,i dont buy for one second they are still there
      "as peacekeepers and for the good of the native people.
      there is definately another agenda going off still,otherwise they wouldnt be there..

It's complicated. I agree that we should not be there in the first place, but they can't just pull out.
      If they did the country would be in an even bigger, lawless mess and that's not fair on the people who live there.

Unfortunately these things take time.
    • beagle;30958 wrote:

It's complicated. I agree that we should not be there in the first place, but they can't just pull out.
      If they did the country would be in an even bigger, lawless mess and that's not fair on the people who live there.

Unfortunately these things take time.

yes, i agree its complicated, and is unfair on the people that live there,it was also unfair to them when saddams bath party had control before hand,
      i still believe there is probably another agenda going off that the "general public" arnt aware of.
      the us government/federal bank cannot be trusted to "do the right thing for the people,
      only the "right thing" to forward themselves...
    • urbanjedi;30936 wrote:

m.a.n.d.r.o.i.d;30934 wrote:

dont forget full metal jacket ;D if it wasnt for that movie 2 live crew wouldnt have made me so horny lol

lol, yes fmj was a decent flick,so were hamburger hill and platoon also,
      platoon featured a young johnny depp before he became famous i think.

i prefer two live crus first album ..lol. trow the d .......
    • darrell;30969 wrote:

Control of the POPPY

yes thats one objective for sure,gotta keep the c.i.a ,s opium stash fully charged...
      i bet theres some more agends also,
      possibly certain historical artifacts that might bear some light on where humans as
      a race evloved from, ie , the real history , not the bull were all fed at school,
      supposedly iraq has many historical artifacts that "may" be of interest to the
      us government.and might help fill some gaps with information they already know.
      i wonder what missions delta force are really running..
      i wonder how many cock ups have been covered up,,youll only ever hear about
      the succsesfull missions that are good public relation exercises,everything else is hush hush.
      i know one thing , they arnt there for the good of the iraqi people.,
      the ground forces may well believe they are, but the fascists running the show know different.
    • kaos;30966 wrote:

`Dedicated to the gallant people of Afghanistan`

Bet they don`t think so now?

yes ,i remember that quote from the end of rambo3,
      funny how things change,,ronnie played a blinder in the 80s also ,selling arms to middle east to use against his own us military...,strategic warfare at its finest.........

good old ronnie , que airforce 1"we begin bombing in five minuites" ;D