New York v L.A. Beats 25th Anniversary Mixes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Beatronic;38460 wrote:

Thanks again for taking time to listen, the 'Chief Rockers' mix was done in 2005, the 'MC Stories' mix was done in 2008.

Thanks for the information, simmo!

I've got another question about the Chief Rockers mix. I recognize nearly all the tracks but what's the tune playing from about 2:20 until 4:08? During that time there are samples of Rap-O-Matic Ltd. - Lies, Lies, Mixmaster Gee - Manipulator and Kurtis Blow - Tough, but what is that music playing in the back? Sounds great to me. :)
    • That track is 'Beyond the Future' by the Latin Rascals, a fantastic track and a real favourite of mine. It's a funny one because it only appears on some versions of the 'Bach to the Future' 12", on some versions the flip is labelled Side B with a remix of 'Bach to the Future' on other versions the flip is labelled Side C with 'Beyond the Future'. It shouldn't be too difficult to pick up a copy if you want one.

Here is an mp3 of the track...

sendspace.com/file/cyye16
    • Here is the full track listing for 'Chief Rockers & Monster Beats'...

THRESHHOLD - STEVE MILLER BAND (1977 CAPITOL)
      HEY THERE HOMEBOYS (DUB) - MAN PARRISH (1985 SUGAR SCOOP)
      LIES, LIES - RAPOMATIC LTD (1986 PROFILE)
      BEYOND THE FUTURE - LATIN RASCALS (1986 SUTRA)
      IS THERE A WAY OUT - TACKHEAD & DJ CHEESE (1986 WORLD RECORDS)
      ITS TIME TO ROCK - GREAT PESO & MR NASTY (1984 C.C.L)
      THE MANIPULATOR - MIXMASTER GEE & TURNTABLE ORCHESTRA (1986 MCA)
      THE MAN MARLEY MARL - MARLEY MARL (1986 TUFF CITY)
      THE AMPHITHEATRE - WILDSTYLE BREAKS
      HERE COMES THAT BEAT - PUMPKIN & PROFILE ALL-STARS (1984 PROFILE)
      HIP HOP BEAT BOP - MAN PARRISH (1982 IMPORTE)
      BREAKIN BELLS (OMAR SANTANA DUB) - T LA ROCK (1986 FRESH)
      ULTIMATE III LIVE - ULTIMATE III (1986 NV CUTTING)
      GENIUS AT WORK II - BIG APPLE PRODUCTIONS (1986 J&T)
      JUST BE GOOD TO ME - SOS BAND (1983 TABU)
      WORLD CLASS - WORLD CLASS WRECKIN CRU (1985 KRU KUT)
      BEAT BOX - ART OF NOISE (1983 ZZT)
      DOUBLE DEF FRESH - HARDROCK SOUL MOVEMENT (1985 ELITE)
      WHAT I LIKE - 2 LIVE CREW (1985 FRESH BEAT)
      BAMBAATAA'S THEME - AFRIKA BAMBAATAA & FAMILY (1986 TOMMY BOY)
      ITCHIBAN SCRATCH - CHRIS 'THE GLOVE' TAYLOR (1985 ELECTROBEAT)
      KING KUT - DJ CHEESE & WORD OF MOUTH (1985 PROFILE)
      THE DMX WILL ROCK (RAP VERSION) - DAVY DMX (1985 TUFF CITY)
      BEAT THIS - ROXANNE SHANTE (1985 POP ART)
      PARTY SCENE - THE RUSSELL BROTHERS (1984 POTRAIT)
      FIVE MINUTES OF FUNK - WHODINI (1984 JIVE)
      THE TERMINATOR - KID FROST (1985 ELETROBEAT)
      BACK TO BURN - T LA ROCK (1986 FRESH)
      B BOYS STYLE - LIL JAZZY JAY & COOL SUPREME (1985 EASY STREET)
      B.S. - WORLD CLASS WRECKIN CRU (1986 EPIC)
      BREAKDOWN - FAT BOYS (1986 SUTRA)
      COAST TO COAST - DJ CHEESE & WORD OF MOUTH (1986 PROFILE)
      COSMIC BLAST - CAPTAIN ROCK (1984 NIA)
      MARLEY MARL SCRATCH - MARLEY MARL & MC SHAN (1985 NIA)
      RAPPIN ROCKY (DUB) - VINNIE (ROCKY) MONACO (1986 POWERHOUSE)
      PARTY ASTEROID (DUB) - BOOGIE BOYS (1985 CAPITOL)
      GIRLS PART 2 - B BOYS (1985 VINTERTAINMENT)
      2 LIVE IS WHAT WE ARE - 2 LIVE CREW (1986 LUKE SKYYWALKER)
      DJ CUTTIN - NYC CUTTER (1985 POP ART)
      THATS MY STYLE - SPOONIE GEE (1986 TUFF CITY)
    • Beatronic;38636 wrote:

It shouldn't be too difficult to pick up a copy if you want one.

That's true, it really wasn't difficult because I already had this 12" in my collection! ;D

I didn't remember this track, it must have been years ago when I listened to that record. But it's really a great tune. Thanks for the information and the full tracklist!
    • kinderteller;38656 wrote:

That's true, it really wasn't difficult because I already had this 12" in my collection! ;D

I didn't remember this track, it must have been years ago when I listened to that record. But it's really a great tune. Thanks for the information and the full tracklist!

Thats a result, you didn't have to search long for it!!
    • LiveWire;38645 wrote:

Play this only at night/On fire.... oh fuck!! genius.. sounds great.

I like this part to, haven't played them all the way thru yet, but solid mixes so far, and great overall tracklistings.

What's the Piano instr. over the Stet, is that the Doug E? It sounds very familiar.

STRATEGY
    • STRATEGY;38781 wrote:

I like this part to, haven't played them all the way thru yet, but solid mixes so far, and great overall tracklistings.

What's the Piano instr. over the Stet, is that the Doug E? It sounds very familiar.

STRATEGY

Yeah it's 'Play this only at Night' by Doug E Fresh, but he took the music from the movie soundtrack to Phantasm so that's where you may have heard it.
    • Didn`t realise you were Simmo from OSHH,welcome back pal,you`re a Chelsea fan IIRC?

Like everyone else says Chief Rockers & Monster Beats is absolutely DOPE,you sent me a CD of it at the time and it still gets played regularly ...... one of the best mixes of Hip Hop i`ve heard.

Will D/L these other mixes tomorrow if they`re still `live`.
      Live from TTO studios
    • kaos;39672 wrote:

Didn`t realise you were Simmo from OSHH,welcome back pal,you`re a Chelsea fan IIRC?

Like everyone else says Chief Rockers & Monster Beats is absolutely DOPE,you sent me a CD of it at the time and it still gets played regularly ...... one of the best mixes of Hip Hop i`ve heard.

Will D/L these other mixes tomorrow if they`re still `live`.

Alright Kaos, hows things with you? Long time no talk.

Thanks for the comments about the 'Chief Rockers' mix, I'm well chuffed to hear people are still listening to it and rate it so highly, especially people like yourself who know their sh1t and have been into the rap game for a lifetime.

Yeah I'm a massive Chels fan, went to most home games last season and a few away, one of the best seasons I can remember although it was a bit tighter at the end than I would have liked. The pubs around the ground were absolutely mental on the last day when we beat Wigan 8-0 and inside the ground is the best I have ever seen it, what great day!! I'm sure you won't agree being a Manure fan ha ha.

I will put up fresh links for the 'NY v LA Beats' mixes.
    • Alright spats, yeah we met once at one of the gigs at Gloucester a few years back plus I used to come on here and OSHH.

Joey Cole has gone, not sure where yet though, seems Spurs or the Arsenal are favourites to pick him up, I would be happy for him to go back to the Hammers.

We will keep hold of Lamps though, cheers!!