How Can we stop 4/4 ?

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • How Can we stop 4/4 ?

      I know this has been discussed alot, but I cant stand it anymore. We need at least an Interview or s.th. where someone says what we are all thinking:

      1.:Electro House or however they will rename it in the future must stop raping the name of electro!
      2.: electro is NOT a short term for Electronic Music in general!

      Seriously, I would do ANYTHING to stop this degeneration of our roots!!!
    • I wouldn't have thought electro heads would be so insecure that a stlye of house music called 'electro house' would worry them.

      You know what house music's like - they LOVE a sub-genre. There's one called 'funky house' for example - can you imagine people in funk bands getting wound-up about it?
    • That wold be great but im gating every day mails (to blog and site) with subject new electro release; that has absolutely nothing to do with electro... The problem is they take it to far... They dont call it electro house any more, its just electro...

      And i can easily post here to proof what kind of things im getting... You wouldn't believe...
      We are not human beings having spiritual experience... We are spiritual beings having human experience.
      electrobotiks.com
    • dasgetier;38618 wrote:

      I know this has been discussed alot, but I cant stand it anymore. We need at least an Interview or s.th. where someone says what we are all thinking:

      1.:Electro House or however they will rename it in the future must stop raping the name of electro!
      2.: electro is NOT a short term for Electronic Music in general!

      Seriously, I would do ANYTHING to stop this degeneration of our roots!!!


      100% agree with you.
      ELECTROFUNK is a subsidiary of HIP HOP MUSIC AND CULTURE, don't you forget it suckaz...
    • Any way, i kind of cool down, but some kind of article somewhere or something wold be great, nice written of corse, objective one... Why not point it out if we all think about it?

      Only place where i saw this mentioned is on wikipedia in one article in last sentence that there is a lot of dispute about the usage of electro in electro house...

      And i honestly think that there is a little if not any electro in electro house this days... So i don't understand whats up with that...
      We are not human beings having spiritual experience... We are spiritual beings having human experience.
      electrobotiks.com
    • I used to get wound up about it but screw it, nobaody can change anything now...just like when 'Rhythm N Blues' became 'Rap N Bullshit'.

      Anyway, we have the FUNK. Start describing the music you love as Electrofunk, that will differentiate from the house stuff.

      Anyway, give it another year or two and the 'Electro' house stuff will be gone. Just like the 'Electroclash' of 10 years ago.
      My beat goes BOOM
    • I agree. It wouldn't matter if it was called 'Electro House' - but defining house music with unsyncopated beats as simply 'Electro' is wrong....not morally, but technically speaking.

      The same happened with 'Garage' music. Originally it was old skool soulful house - 'Let No Man Put Asunder' being a prime example of the genre. Then what happened ? All of a sudden, Garage was the description for wack unmelodious crap that kids got wasted to in Ayia Napa !
    • dasgetier;38618 wrote:

      I know this has been discussed alot, but I cant stand it anymore. We need at least an Interview or s.th. where someone says what we are all thinking:

      1.:Electro House or however they will rename it in the future must stop raping the name of electro!
      2.: electro is NOT a short term for Electronic Music in general!

      Seriously, I would do ANYTHING to stop this degeneration of our roots!!!



      yaawwwnnnnn
    • this discussion always reminds me of the story of Willie Nelson and Waylen Jennings showing up in Nashville in their long hair and Hippy garb and getting run our of town because the powers that be said they weren't Country.

      but of coarse they went on to dominate the genre over the next 30 years. and i'm sure there are still people sitting around somewhere saying "those guys aren't country" meanwhile....

      it's just music and as long as folks are sitting around complaining they're getting left behind. read the sig ;)
      "There are no problems, only solutions".
    • lb.IP;38642 wrote:

      this discussion always reminds me of the story of Willie Nelson and Waylen Jennings showing up in Nashville in their long hair and Hippy garb and getting run our of town because the powers that be said they weren't Country.

      but of coarse they went on to dominate the genre over the next 30 years. and i'm sure there are still people sitting around somewhere saying "those guys aren't country" meanwhile....

      it's just music and as long as folks are sitting around complaining they're getting left behind. read the sig ;)


      The sig is that electro house is future of electro genre?
      We are not human beings having spiritual experience... We are spiritual beings having human experience.
      electrobotiks.com
    • ..... okay...... i'm getting pretty sick of this kind of topics..... :never:

      Why don't we all stop discussing this shit and move on?! In 5 years from now, nobody will listen to it anymore and by then, we will be unstopable - even more unstopable than we are now! so you can turn it anyway you want.. fuck em !!!!
      Electro is the SF of music !
    • ikik;38647 wrote:

      The sig is that electro house is future of electro genre?

      well it appears that the authors of the various threads concerning this subject are fearful of just that. that Electro House will be known as the true Electro when in our reality it is not.

      i think they all know its really Electro House, but just use the shorted name Electro.

      these threads of seemingly paniced Electro heads shows they are winning this argument. if there is even an argument. that would take two sides of debate. do Electro House heads really care this is Electro Empire and there isn't a drop of Electro House on it. i'm not so sure.


      signature = "there are not problems only solutions" quit bitchng and do something about it and if u can't do anything about it. forget it ;)
      "There are no problems, only solutions".
    • lb.IP;38654 wrote:


      i think they all know its really Electro House, but just use the shorted name Electro.

      these threads of seemingly paniced Electro heads shows they are winning this argument. if there is even an argument. that would take two sides of debate. do Electro House heads really care this is Electro Empire and there isn't a drop of Electro House on it. i'm not so sure.
      )



      ha, so true.
    • the contemporary degeneration of the "Electronic Revolution" is based on the lack of information! I would even call it misinformation.
      I give u an example: what is the first thing u find if u type "electro funk" into youtube ?
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcKiHrz70Rw
      Maybe u can ignore these facts but u cant ignore the whole music industry. ok u can, electro is best proof for it...
      maybe I am dwelling upon words describing genres of electronic music, yeah and maybe im frustrated and even fear house/techno/trance.
      But this thread is no discussion thread
      Action speaks louder than words!