How Can we stop 4/4 ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I stopped carrying when I realized whas up..i used to feel the same.... If you are smart just call your music whatever.. it doesnt matter.. when I dj or do live pa i just tell em "Yah Electro house" "yea!!!! DUBSTEP" etc.. and then just play electro funk.. nobody cares, esp the people who call it other stuff.. just semantics really.. do whatever you can to get money or hypnotize people or get ladies or whatever ur after call the music whatever keyword is good
    • lb.IP;38654 wrote:

well it appears that the authors of the various threads concerning this subject are fearful of just that. that Electro House will be known as the true Electro when in our reality it is not.

i think they all know its really Electro House, but just use the shorted name Electro.

these threads of seemingly paniced Electro heads shows they are winning this argument. if there is even an argument. that would take two sides of debate. do Electro House heads really care this is Electro Empire and there isn't a drop of Electro House on it. i'm not so sure.

signature = "there are not problems only solutions" quit bitchng and do something about it and if u can't do anything about it. forget it ;)

Oh sorry i was thinking u meant sign; like look for sign in my post...

i think they all know its really Electro House, but just use the shorted name Electro.
      This is the point, this is unfortunly not true. All youngsters and even older people come across electro house called electro and thats electro for them until someone points them to real electro, and even then there are fights over it. And i can give you an examples of this in many ways. This is vary nice topic where many opinions from "ours" side can be heard. Thats the purpose of discussions boards. If I could read about this anywhere else i wold, but i dont, and once again i say i wold read about this... I dont understand whats all the fuss about this kind of topic. This subject Its obviously on many minds here. And i can understand why, we all come across more and more electro called music that in ours general opinion is not electro. Why dont they call it short name House, what it is? And as far as your signature goes I dont see any solutions from your side. And apparently problem remains...

And we can do something about it. To get more people involve in this kid of topic to talk about it, maybe some ideas for articles emerge or some other actions. No one will act alone if his not sure that there are people that think the same... In what point do you think "bitchng" stops? Until some effort dont produce result its bitchng... I didn't build all my opinions all by my self jammed in some mind box, i build it on other people thinkings to.

And i think that producers of real electro sound deserve the credit that its taken from them by this "misspellings" ...

Edit; if you dont talk about it, it wont go away, and if you do maybe the voice will be heard...
      We are not human beings having spiritual experience... We are spiritual beings having human experience.
      electrobotiks.com
    • skeme;39366 wrote:

A good example of the problem. Robodrum did a track for an electro remix competition which wasn’t taken seriously because they weren’t actually looking for electro tracks.

LoL thats funny! I cant imagine that. Did they say "Hey there are funky basslines and its not 4/4 ! Dont u dare to tell anyone that this exists ! Who would buy our monkey music if we dont keep the real electro down"
    • dasgetier;39446 wrote:

LoL thats funny! I cant imagine that. Did they say "Hey there are funky basslines and its not 4/4 ! Dont u dare to tell anyone that this exists ! Who would buy our monkey music if we dont keep the real electro down"

:uglylol: ^ haha. 4 real though I’m not shure the whole story. I’m not shure if robodrum speaks English. I think maybe he speaks broken English or uses a translator cause when talking to him some of his sentences come out a bit backwards & hard to follow some. But from what I understand the remix comp was for a radio show & I remember him also mentioning Digitizer did a track for it also & they only played it for a couple seconds. So that was be4 he sent his in & I asked if they took his seriously, he said no but plans to release it on the same net label as the message. So its cool its a great track imo definitely better than monkey music. lol I mean Digitizer must of been a pretty good track also and I think its simply disrespectful to only play the track 4 a couple seconds. Especially because, yea maybe it wasn’t what they were looking for but who’s fault is that. It is electro after all & I’m pretty shure we were around first. So whos mistake is it. Is it our mistake for sending in electro to an electro contest or there’s for asking for electro then rejecting it.

But yea some pepole blow this issue off but I do think this is a problem for the electro scene in general. And maybe thats simply because for me locally there is no electro scene. :(

But watch out now for some sneaky advertising. I will be playing the robodrum remix on my show next week & try to fit it in this week. (I been fighting that dang anti-spyware soft virus on my comp all week so a bit unprepared for 2marros show) Thursdays on globalfunkradio.com 10pm est. US, 3am UK. Or of course u can always check it out on Robodrums soundcloud page. But yea that was just the perfect opportunity 4 me 2 spam it up. haha. sorry. ;D
    • skeme;39459 wrote:

I do think this is a problem for the electro scene in general. And maybe thats simply because for me locally there is no electro scene. :(

This is the thing. Like it or not, electro is a tiny, minority music scene. Very underground.

House, on the other hand is HUGE and pretty mainstream, so while the style 'electro house' remains popular, it's name will be shortened to 'electro'. misconceptions will continue and we'll have to put up with them.
    • beagle;39463 wrote:

This is the thing. Like it or not, electro is a tiny, minority music scene. Very underground.

House, on the other hand is HUGE and pretty mainstream, so while the style 'electro house' remains popular, it's name will be shortened to 'electro'. misconceptions will continue and we'll have to put up with them.

time to jump ship then??
    • Squarewave;68303 wrote:

I agree with the thread maker completely.

It's not some trivial issue of "oh, so some people are misusing the name, so what". The usage of everyone creates a reality...if you started listening to edm now, and all you've ever heard was people call it electro, you think that's electro. Now multiply that by a billion. Since the time this thread was created, a whole generation of people has come in only knowing electro house...so yes it matters, because that was all of their exposure, and so that creates a reality that continually marginalizes and puts more into a corner the actual electro.

If that keeps up, and it overpowers the rate at which newer people come into the real electro scene to support it...it could wipe out the scene completely. So yes it matters.

So, how to solve it? The answer is simple to me, and I wonder why no one's asked it or done it. There's a button on beatport that says electro house. Where's the electro button??

Beatport is ground zero for most people, it's the main avenue most people buy things, get exposed to new things, the site with the most visibility and reach. THERE'S your problem. This problem is perpetuating itself because people have no access to this on the edm scene's main place for buying music!

It's on there, mind...you can go on there and find most of the electro you're looking for. But it's categorized as 'electronica', along with the rest of the edm they couldn't quite categorize and so put under that general name. Being buried in there it may as well not be there at all...no one will see it, and the few that do won't know it as electro. So it doesn't create a presence for itself.

How does on contact beatport about adding the genre electro to it's list of genres? That's the number one thing right there that should be done. The electro scene needs to raise hell about this and deluge them with enough requests that they have to acknowledge the oldest edm genre as worthy of it's own button, and not to be categorized under 'electronica'.

Once people start going to beatport and start seeing electro there as a stand alone button...that will be the beginning of a growing presence again, which once it gets large enough, you will then have enough people asking "how can they both be called electro? they sound nothing alike", which then might lead to a genre name change...but that can never happen until electro gets into the public eye first.

And to do that, it needs to be able to be seen on beatport with it's own button.

Very interesting point you have there Squarewave. That very well can rectify the issue of mistake in the genre naming. Totally agree with you. I bet if we can get enough true Electro fans to contact many of these online stores then maybe they will add a separate button for true Electro and then all these people purchasing music on these site will start to realize what true Electro sounds like as opposed to this other genre of the same name.