Special Blastromen related announcement!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Special Blastromen related announcement!

Hi all of you electro freaks,

I just wanted to write a little message about what is going on with X0X Records in relation to Blastromen's debut album as we're still getting quite a lot of inquiries about when it's coming out, on what label, what is taking so long etc. So, to put a stop to all the rumors and misunderstandings, here's the story on this particular release and some background information on the situation.

The thing (which is no longer a secret :) is that Dominance Electricity is going to release Blastromen's debut album, NOT X0X Records. It was initially planned to be our next release (X0X006), but during the years 2008–2009 the situation with our physical distribution got so bad that we needed to reevaluate our distribution once again.

Blastromen wanted to get their album released as soon as possible and we couldn't set a release date or guarantee decent distribution, because of our distribution problems at that time. This led to them wanting to seek another label willing to release their future masterpiece. We of course didn't want to hold them back as we have always wanted to raise new talent to the awareness of the people and not bind them to long contracts and other business bullshit, because ultimately the music is the thing that matters the most and good music needs to be released (on vinyl!).

People close to me know how much trouble I and X0X Records have gone through with physical distribution over the years, what toll it has taken on my personal life and how difficult it has been for X0X Records to realize our mission to offer fresh electro to all of you fans out there. Despite this, one thing is for sure: We won't stop doing this as long as there is something new and interesting lurking around the corner.

As we have been working very closely with Blastromen from the beginning of their career and also throughout the process of making this album we can surely say that it's going to be one of the cornerstones of modern electro. We hope all of you enjoy it as much as I'm going to.

Best Regards,
      Kalle Karvanen
      X0X Records

PS. Shameless marketing: Remember to check out our next release from Sero, coming up during this year. Interception System 12" includes Original, Bonus Beats, Morphology Remix and TWO remixes by the Hague's very own DJ Overdose! Fresh electro for your ears!
    • Dope.
      Glad I managed to track down the Blasteroids EP a few years back. Battlenet was bionic.
      Keep those vocoders intact. They give me goosebumps they way the Blastromen use them.

I'm still waiting for Robot Aggresion EP to turn up on Discogs.
      Don't know how I missed it.

Great news.
      Finnish electro is dope. btw, I miss the Velcro lads music.
    • idiotproof67;42502 wrote:

Dope.
      Glad I managed to track down the Blasteroids EP a few years back. Battlenet was bionic.
      Keep those vocoders intact. They give me goosebumps they way the Blastromen use them.

I'm still waiting for Robot Aggresion EP to turn up on Discogs.
      Don't know how I missed it.

True dat. Blastromen the kings of the vocoder. Yea me to on the Robot Agression EP, Sexy Droid is by far there best tune imo. Yea I seen it on discogs only once & it would of cost me around $60 to get a VG+ copy to the US, & just couldent pay it at the time. :(

Good luck with the Distro prob, big ups to the label, Vinyl forever. The Sero EP is sounding like a bomb in the making. Morphology remix ooo Briliant. I cant wait to hear it. cheers :cylon: