[BiP 070a + 070b] Pip Williams - Man vs Machine 2xEP + Ltd edition white vinyl

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [BiP 070a + 070b] Pip Williams - Man vs Machine 2xEP + Ltd edition white vinyl

Which remix do you choose to make it to the Man vs Machine vinyl edition? 83
        Datacrashrobot remix (3) 4%
        Embryonik remix (0) 0%
        Noisebrigade remix (1) 1%
        The Hidden Persuader remix (33) 40%
        Dez Williams remix (2) 2%
        R21 remix (4) 5%
        E:machinery remix (1) 1%
        MCU remix (10) 12%
        Lungwah remix (2) 2%
        Replicante Norman remix (15) 18%
        Binalog remix (1) 1%
        Robert Cosmic remix (4) 5%
        Black Electronics remix (5) 6%
        Diamondback Kid remix (2) 2%
      Hi EE fellaz!

What i am about to announce is a very very special project put together by one of the most amazing electronic producers of our time, mr. Pip Williams, a bunch of incredibly talented artists and the... sincerely yours (!)
      About a month ago Phil uploaded on Soundcloud a track called Man vs Machine. Enthusiastic feedback was instant so our man decided to make the stems available for all the electroheads out there who would like to do a remix. What followed was hard to imagine: exciting (to say the least) remixes started to come from... everywhere and before Phil realise what was happening, he found himself with... 14 absolutely fantastic versions of the original killer tune! Not to mention that he's still waiting for a couple more..!
      Such a great pack of electro goodies would be a shame to be available separately only on some Soundcloud pages and Phil's... hard drives. Eventually the next move would be to release these remixes commercially. But Shameless Toady's (Pip's own high quality label) releases schedule was tight until the end of August, so there was no 'space' inbetween for this one. And such a gem surely couldn't wait for its turn! Phil contacted me to ask me if i could release it on BP. The answer was an instant YES! and the rest was history..!
      Man vs Machine will be split to 2 separate EPs due to the number of the remixes. 'First' EP will be out as a pre-release on BP's Bandcamp page on Friday, April 22, while the 'second' will be available a week later on Bandcamp and Juno (together with the first one, of course)

But the good news doesn't end at the digital release(s). There will be also a limited to 50 copies white label vinyl edition, with the Shameless Toady stamp on it, handnumbered by Pip! A real press this one, it will be a single sided thing, including the original tune and one remix. Both tracks will be available ONLY ON VINYL, not digitally! And this is the reason why this thread has also a poll feature: Phil and i want you EE people, electro devotees, to vote for the remix which it will be included in the vinyl edition! Please get involved and help us to pick one of these great remixes. The most popular will make it to the wax! So it's a community thing, it's you who decide! Below is a teaser made by the 14 remixes that caught our deadline. Listen to the clips of the remixes and... VOTE!!

http://soundcloud.com/binalog/pip-williams-man-vs-machine-1

Teaser tracklist (tracks were chosen randomly):

Datacrashrobot remix
      Dez Williams remix
      Lungwah remix
      Black Electronics remix
      The Hidden Persuader remix
      Embryonik remix
      R21 remix
      MCU remix
      E:machinery remix
      Replicante Norman remix
      Noisebrigade remix
      Robert Cosmic remix
      Binalog remix
      Diamondback Kid remix

Almost everyone of the remixers have uploaded their version on their individual Soundcloud pages, so check also full tracks there!
    • Thank you Evan for sorting this all out. I know it's taken a good while :P

The vinyl is extremely limited (only 50 worldwide), so may be a good idea to let myself or Evan know if you'd like one sooner rather than later..

Many thanks as well to all the great dudes involved in this project, top works all round 8-)
    • Wow!! excellent remixes all the way!
      Thanks for the remix opportunity and for organising it... especially the vinyl release too. To be honest, I'd love to be on that!

I've just uploaded my track to SoundCloud so you can hear the full version

http://soundcloud.com/thehiddenpersuader/pip-williams-man-v-machine-the

All the best!
      A robot walks into a bar, orders a drink, and the Bartender says, "Hey, we don't serve robots."
      The robot says, "Oh, but someday you will."

www.thehiddenpersuader.com
      www.accesstonalcommunications.com
      www.rewirethefuture.com
    • @deaflikeelvis and urbanjedi
      you'll be able to place orders through the Shameless Toady Bandcamp page guys :)

I know a few peeps have been asking for copies so thought I'd try and get pre-orders together to make sure nobody misses out.

The original will not get a digital release and is ONLY available on vinyl as part of our ongoing support for physical releases. It's a single sided 12" which will also feature the winner of this poll 8-) They will be hand-stamped and numbered on heavy-weight vinyl.

Expected turnaround is 2 weeks, but we will be taking orders very soon ;)

thanks again everybody for your words and feedback, it's appreciated

all the best
      pip
    • pipwilliams;52340 wrote:

The original will not get a digital release and is ONLY available on vinyl as part of our ongoing support for physical releases. It's a single sided 12" which will also feature the winner of this poll 8-) They will be hand-stamped and numbered on heavy-weight vinyl.
      Hi Pip! Sorry, can you explain - How so little copies 1-SIDED vinyl wil support for physical releases?
    • wex;52344 wrote:

Hi Pip! Sorry, can you explain - How so little copies 1-SIDED vinyl wil support for physical releases?

Personally, I feel that any physical release is better than none. You're quite right, a low run of a one sided vinyl release may not seem to be supporting as much as we'd like, but we're trying.

Sorry, but I feel this may be a long reply :)
      The trend for many electro labels is to release at low cost as digital only. This seems to have dictated how things work right now. I'm just trying to go against the grain a little, even if it is to my detriment (The first Toady release was 300 units on a picture which cost over £1500.00, I don't think anybody could question that that was supporting physical releases in as big a way as we could. I lost a LOT of money on that as well, but that's by the by...)

I'm sure you know the unit cost of manufacturing vinyl is crazy unless you have more than, say, 500 units, where it becomes economically viable (but only if you sell the majority!). Of course there's no way even the biggest electro tunes would be able to shift that number, so we must do small runs and be left with a Catch22.

The latest release is being sold at a price which will break us even if we sell 48 out of the 50 units, that's not much return, so clearly this is not for the money.

We are trying to cater for a small group of vinyl purists as well. It's a medium that is still very close to my heart and without it we wouldn't be experiencing electronic music as it stands today. For those reasons I see that we are still supporting physical releases with such a small run. But, this is a subjective argument and each to their own ;D

Thank you for your comments, appreciate the words man. Discussions like this are important as research for future releases..

all the best

Pip
    • wex;52349 wrote:

OK, thanks for answer Pip. What do think about if people will sign for release? For example: you announcement the release and after that people start signed for it, and after that you decide how many copies will to press. Is this way help you as label owner?

yep, that is the best way to get an idea, for sure. Unfortunately, there's always the danger of people pulling out though ;)
    • pipwilliams;52351 wrote:

yep, that is the best way to get an idea, for sure. Unfortunately, there's always the danger of people pulling out though ;)

if you release a very limited run you can ask to pay a minimum when pre-ordered, just to keep your finances safe
      CHAIN D.L.K. magazine chaindlk.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------

NOISEBRIGADE check my reviews, interviews and my music noisebrigade.net

Soundcloud page: www.soundcloud.com/noisebrigade
    • iceolate;52354 wrote:

If I ordered a vinyl copy, with so few copies being made, I'd feel like I'd be cheating the people that had a legitimate use for it, i.e. "real" DJs. Oh well... Anyway, I'm still trying to make my decision here. It's a tough one. They all are pretty bad ass.

you do have a legitamate use! To listen to, and enjoy, good music. Actually, you probably have more of a legit reason... if you're not using it to play out it'll withstand the test of time better, DJs tend to be pretty ruthless with their wax :)

You are very welcome to as many copies as you like when it goes on Bandcamp, dude. Link will follow next week...

cheers!
      Pip