Scarletron - unreleased triple album

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• deaflikeelvis;59933 wrote:

..wicked stuff!
      ..just wondering if it's only me who think that 35$ is quite a silly price 4 a digital album?

dont worry u r not alone:)
      tho u can get the tunes individually for 1.50 each and theres some wicked trax.would prefer to just a double pack of the best ones on vinyl still.
    • i am tired of hearing people moaning about the cost of music. These tracks took years to write collectively. The price i chose of $1.50 per track is in line with current costs for LOSSLESS formats. i'm sick of seeing one person buy a copy of my music on vinyl, only to then put it up on youtube and for 1500 people to then listen to it for free. Youtube currently pays about $0.0001 per play, then the royalty people like prs/mcps take their cut of that hansome sum. How the hell is an artist supposed to earn a living with this model? i am offering you directly my music for 1.50 via bandcamp, with nearly all proceeds going directly to the artist for the first time. if you think 1.50 for a piece of mucic is wrong then i don't know what more to say. if you like an artist, try to support them so they can afford to give you more great music back. i am almost at the point of quitting this buisiness, it's a joke.
    • Hey Voice Stealer...I wouldn't get to upset...afterall we are the consumers buying your music(not me though). Do you really count on your music making you money, anyway? I thought it was very minimal and most people just do it for fun because they enjoy making musis. I'm not going to diss your muisc, but lets just say I will not be putting my hard earned cash towards it.
    • voice stealer;61034 wrote:

i am tired of hearing people moaning about the cost of music. These tracks took years to write collectively. The price i chose of $1.50 per track is in line with current costs for LOSSLESS formats. i'm sick of seeing one person buy a copy of my music on vinyl, only to then put it up on youtube and for 1500 people to then listen to it for free. Youtube currently pays about $0.0001 per play, then the royalty people like prs/mcps take their cut of that hansome sum. How the hell is an artist supposed to earn a living with this model? i am offering you directly my music for 1.50 via bandcamp, with nearly all proceeds going directly to the artist for the first time. if you think 1.50 for a piece of mucic is wrong then i don't know what more to say. if you like an artist, try to support them so they can afford to give you more great music back. i am almost at the point of quitting this buisiness, it's a joke.

I'm not sure where to even start. You seemed so chill in that video interview ;D

First, you're talking to some of the most dedicated electro fans, producers, djs, label owners, etc in the world on this board. I think I own every electro release you've had (up to this point), as do many people on this board I'm sure. I've bought a few of your releases twice: once on vinyl and again digitally. Other producers and djs have offered discounts because I've bought their entire backlog all at once. We're not the bad guys here.

Second, several people on this board are feeling the same financial frustrations as you, and therefore cannot justify spending $35 on a digital album (regardless of the quality). How many $30+ digital albums have you personally purchased?

Lastly, it's simple economics. You can sell a couple at $35 or many more at a lower price. I think in the end you'd make much MORE money by dropping your price a little. You can't use a premium pricing strategy on digital music because of the obvious other ways people can listen to or obtain your goods when you price them out of the purchase.

Frustrated artists that feel they deserve a career doing what they love. It's the same old conversation over and over when you mix money and art. :-/