Electro

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• wax groover;61926 wrote:

I hate new school electro all !!

I hate Toni Cetinski.

wax groover;61926 wrote:

I wish there would be more for present the past classic electro genre of 80ies electro

I wish we can bring back Freddie Mercury.

wax groover;61926 wrote:

Fuck all you !!

Thanks for these fine wishes. I hope we'll all fuck soon enough!

wax groover;61926 wrote:

Electro fans don`t need a new electro genre we want this old electro music but new songs.

You don't know the power of the dark side...
    • wax groover;61926 wrote:

I hate new school electro all !!
      I wish there would be more for present the past classic electro genre of 80ies electro
      in individual styles.
      Fuck all you !!
      Electro fans don`t need a new electro genre,
      we want this old electro music but new songs.

yeah! and we also want more of this old chicago house!! not the new tech house shit. old style new tracks! :uglylol:
      NONSENSE!!!

i think you can find a lot of good new "old school electro" out there! and remember we live in 2012! more new, less old stuff! :o music change! in every form and genre.

...and i will some new beatles songs! new but old style...... ;D

....and the new street sounds album......it is not enough electro on it to call it electro! not even old school stuff!
    • O.k. sorry for my bad language :ugly:
      i really like some new stuff of "newschoolelectro" fast ,slow
      hard or soft.
      But why are there so many people make Techno or house
      and named it Electro?
      Even mysterious Band make "electro" this days.

By the way it is wrong to say if you like Electro then buy all records
      of 84 and you never need more.
      This can only say anybody who was still not living in this time or maybe was born
      that time.I know almost all electro classics and have got my favs almost all cause
      even in 84 not every track was an evergreen.ANYWAY i need more new stuff.
      And please don`t compare the beatles with roots of Electro.
      I would be happy if more newcommers would to be geared on roots of electro and
      not drift to far in wrong direction.
    • I've made this a new thread, as the "un electro 4" release topic is already off topic enough in itself. :ugly:

@wax groover
      It always comes down to the confusion about the very general term "Electro".
      Its so general that everyone can have his own electronic sounding genre under that tag.
      But no one on here claims Techno or House to be "Electro" (as if it was short for "Electronic Music").
      Thats only the uneducated new generation out there.
    • Nanomorph;61946 wrote:

I having trouble understanding is he thinking about electro house crap or modern electro we all listen here...?

no!
      i actually mean music stores there are sell under name of electro to much productions
      i do not definate with electro.This productions are miles away to be electromusic
      i think.I said that i hate new school electro but i did not mean the evolution of
      electro style.I mean this times many people use the defination in wrong meaning.Don`t get me wrong ...in this forum i be shure everybody knows what the word electro means.
      O.k. i must say again that i would be happy if more newcommers would be more get
      in the directory of old style electro but i respect everybody who accept the "rules"
      altought i actually don`t like rules.There can be a genre of experrymental electro and
      thats okay if you don`t use a "boom-tschk-Boom-tschk-boom-tschk" beat or any kind
      of house or techno sounds.
      By the way i do not mean sounds of detroid techno.Detroid techno is electro for me
      i don`t now why they called it techno but that sound is just excellent.
      I think it is impotant for a clear searching for new tracks that all is clear definied
      but like i said in online record stores it is to mixed for me.I really stand for keep clear
      the electro genre by tracks who have nothing to search in it.
    • wax groover;61964 wrote:

I think it is impotant for a clear searching for new tracks that all is clear definied
      but like i said in online record stores it is to mixed for me.I really stand for keep clear
      the electro genre by tracks who have nothing to search in it.

..that's why people getting here in the first place))
      ..:basscuits show every 4th sunday a month on gfr 6-8pm gmt:..
      soundcloud.com/deaflikeelvis
    • elektroakust.;61945 wrote:

I've made this a new thread, as the "un electro 4" release topic is already off topic enough in itself. :ugly:

@wax groover
      It always comes down to the confusion about the very general term "Electro".
      Its so general that everyone can have his own electronic sounding genre under that tag.
      But no one on here claims Techno or House to be "Electro" (as if it was short for "Electronic Music").
      Thats only the uneducated new generation out there.

Matt, given the origin of the word Electro, which really came about in the 60s with the term "Electro-Acoustic", i am not sure that saying Techno or House is Electro is necessarily wrong. I am not suggesting people should go calling it that, but Electro is a word that defines Electronic music period; and that is not for the "uneducated" to believe...quite the contrary.

I think this is the basis of all problems, especially in the Electro Bass and Electro Funk sub-genres, that people tend to think that is the only thing that is "Electro".

Electro is not a style, it is an approach of making music electronically. :)

BTW, you can blame Streetsounds for the confusion, as they were the ones that created a whole generation of folks who believe that Electro is only that which sounds like 80's Electro Funk. Wendy Carlos, Tangerine Dream, Kraftwerk, Brian Eno...etc, etc...all people who took the "Electro" approach to making music.
    • Starchild;61967 wrote:

You absolutely wrong

Starchild;61967 wrote:

Wendy Carlos, Tangerine Dream, Kraftwerk, Brian Eno...etc

Kraftwerk - Düsseldorf School, synt-pop, electro

Tangerine Dream - krautrock, Berlin School

Brian Eno - ambient

Wendy Carlos - sympho-electronic
    • wex;61968 wrote:

You absolutely wrong

Kraftwerk - Düsseldorf School, synt-pop, electro

Tangerine Dream - krautrock, Berlin School

Brian Eno - ambient

Wendy Carlos - sympho-electronic

...and so these artists are not Electro music because they are some other sub-genre, even if they are electronic themselves? ;D

Also, both Tangerine Dream and Kraftwerk were born out of the Krautrock scene.

Electro is not a style, it is an approach to making music.

Please look at the history of Electronic music, and look at the root of the word Electro, which came from the origins of these instruments being called "Electro-Acoustic" in the beginning.
    • Starchild;61972 wrote:

This is a good article on the history of Electro music, and its origins.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electroacoustic_music

the first thing i had learned at studies at an university: "to proof any facts! ...don't use wikipedia!" :uglyteacher: :P ;D

i think there is a genre electro (which include electro-funk....electro-bass....and so on...........). and the word electro can also describe all forms of electronic music(ambient, techno, electro, chill-house-psy-dub-jazz-funkotronic-gabbasynt-pop, or what ever......some times it is confusing but thats it!
      but the problem is a lot of people think the genre electro include any techno and house-music. and they don't know any "real" electro

(no literary sources) :uglywonder:
    • I think its understandable that people get confused, when you say that Electro is a genre on one hand, but is a word to describe the Electronic Music genre itself on the other.

Most of the people that are very stuck on the word Electro, are those that grew up with Streetsounds, who should have called those albums Electro Funk, or Hip Hop. The ironic thing is that most of the legends that created that subgenre, never called it anything but Hip Hop, Rap, or Soul.

Electro Bass, Funk, Pop, etc, are all sub-genres of Electronic music, and quite frankly, i think that things would go much further if people would call it like that. When you say "Electro", most people think you just do Electronic music, and might even think you do the bad kind, and wont even be interested.

My personal experience, if you call it Electro Bass, Techno Bass, Electro Funk, whatever...people respond a little more because it suggests an individual style of Electro music.

As long as people in this subgenre keep trying to be elitist, and call it simply "Electro", they will simply be hiding behind a name that is so broad, no one will ever find them.

A good analogy is: would you want to be considered just a person, or who you are...preferably by name? I mean, we are all people, so we can just be "that person", or we can be who we really are, and be seen as that. Seen for our individuality, which makes us unique. I think that is the next step for this music. To accept who we really are, and stop trying to hijack a name that is meant for the whole Electronic music genre.
    • How it should be:

electronic music: describes all genres of electronic music like dance, trance, techno, house, electro...

electro: is the general term of a genre which includes electro-funk, electro-breaks, electro-bass,...

No one should be so 'lazy' to say "electro" when he means house or techno only because it`s shorter ...or it sounds cooler ;D
      If anyone asks me what kind of music I am listening to I say electro-funk. And I know when I ask anyone what music he likes most people would say "I like every kind of music" or "I`m listening to electro / electronic music" they mean everything but not electro-funk, electo-bass, etc.
      That`s why I`m happy that we have this forum here where nearly every member knows what real electro means. :cylon:

@wax groover
      Do you really hate new school electro? ...or better said: Dou you know what new school electro really is?
    • Starchild;61967 wrote:

I agree to that, but you also just can't ignore the fact that for decades there have been specific music style genres using the "Electro" tag. The term started a life of its own.

I don't think today's kids call their techno and house music "Electro" because they are aware of Stockhausen and the Theremin. They just use the word, cause its the hip word everyone they know uses. They are uneducated, teached by uneducated. Of course there are always exceptions. But as always the big mass of people are just living their happy uneductaed lifes in the present. And it doesn't matter for them as the term "Electro" fits to whatever is electronic sounding.

What if in 10 years everyone forgot what "Techno" music onces was ...and start calling their whatever completely different new music style (thats made with the help of TECHNOlogy) "Techno". Or if in 100 years some new music that really "rocks", but has nothing to do with guitars, is called "Rock"? ;D

Starchild;61967 wrote:

BTW, you can blame Streetsounds for the confusion, as they were the ones that created a whole generation of folks who believe that Electro is only that which sounds like 80's Electro Funk.

Among the british Hiphop fans for sure.
      Its also interesting that in some places the 70s Electropop ~ Electronica like Yellow Magic Orchestra was labeled "Electro-Wave".

I guess the wider the context the more different uses there always were for the term "Electro".
    • Starchild;61971 wrote:

...and so these artists are not Electro music because they are some other sub-genre, even if they are electronic themselves? ;D
      not Electro, Electronic

Starchild;61971 wrote:

Please look at the history of Electronic music, and look at the root of the word Electro
      we here talk not about word Electro, we talk about genre of EDM call Electro. And Electronic Music & EDM kinda different things.

Starchild;61971 wrote:

Also, both Tangerine Dream and Kraftwerk were born out of the Krautrock scene.
      ;D
    • elektroakust.;61982 wrote:

I agree to that, but you also just can't ignore the fact that for decades there have been specific music style genres using the "Electro" tag. The term started a life of its own.

I don't think today's kids call their techno and house music "Electro" because they are aware of Stockhausen and the Theremin. They just use the word, cause its the hip word everyone they know uses. They are uneducated, teached by uneducated. Of course there are always exceptions. But as always the big mass of people are just living their happy uneductaed lifes in the present. And it doesn't matter for them as the term "Electro" fits to whatever is electronic sounding.

Among the british Hiphop fans for sure.
      Its also interesting that in some places the 70s Electropop ~ Electronica like Yellow Magic Orchestra was labeled "Electro-Wave".

I guess the wider the context the more different uses there always where for the term "Electro".

But dont you think there is a hypocrisy in acknowledging that Electro is a word that defines Electronic music in its roots, but that others cant call it that?

My point is not so much that we should call everything Electro, even if it is Techno, it is that in this day in age when many refer to their Electronic subgenres by the word Electro ( as they did in the 70 like you pointed out ), it is elitist to say they cant call it that...especially when normally they call it Electro-House, or clash or something.

Our form of "Electro" is as much a subgenre of Electro-nic music, as anyone else's. So! yes, amongst those of us that know what Electro has been for many decades, it is ok to call it that. My points are:

*If you see someone come on here talking about them doing Electro, but its not what you define as Electro...do not be mean to them. They never come back, they would probably like our music eventually, AND!!!! in the end, they were in fact doing Electro to begin with.

*Remember when you talk to the uneducated, that the roots of that word make it far more broad than you want to think, so! Be mindful, call your stuff Electro Funk, Bass, something that defines what type of Electro you do. Keep that word for the peeps in the know.

*Stop the elitism, it is killing our genre! Many people that come here being friendly, and are willing to listen to what we do, run away because of the insulting elitism that takes place here and on Facebook...it is killing our chances of ever reaching more people.

We are very underground, so most people that are new to our "Electro", come from some other background, where they may listen to something else. If they call it Electro...well, so did everyone else since the beginning of this type of music. This same in-fighting has always been there.

...and last but not least: PLEASE!!!

*( Disclaimer: I will never talk about this again! ;D )