Electrostep - the electro-drum'n'bass thread

• interesting mix of styles i think...
    theres not too many examples... what do you think of these?:

Adam F "Music in your Mind"
    [yt]Ob3BJ6cn0d4[/yt]...drum'n'bass with nice vocoder singing...

John B "electro step"
    [yt]U94CScsmIGw[/yt]
    John B "rendevous"
    [yt]viKz9dq0SR8[/yt]
    these two sound like electro in speed of d'n'b
    ...bit cheesy... but some nice parts.

• Quote from boomzilla

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

electro-jungle-rave... :D
    i remember there was also a dnb remix of Herbie Hancocks Rock it... (years ago)

• john b is good but abit cheesy for my taste,
    i know 1 or 2 more artists that are producing "electrostep"(how they call it).
    will post them as soon as i recall.

• if i was looking for vocoders, i'd rather listen to french house cause it's FUNKY (unlike dnb).
    that drum'n'bass beat ruins everything for me.

only cause it's syncopated doesn't mean it's good, and only cause it's 4 to the floor doesn't mean it's automatically bad. ;)

p.s. funny fact: that first john b video consists of parts of that mr t movie in which DUPONT's song (breakin & enterin fame) was used.

• Quote from lj

if i was looking for vocoders, i'd rather listen to french house cause it's FUNKY (unlike dnb).
    that drum'n'bass beat ruins everything for me.

not sure if i know any french house with vocoder...
    or do you mean daft punk?

Quote from lj

only cause it's syncopated doesn't mean it's good, and only cause it's 4 to the floor doesn't mean it's automatically bad. ;)

right.
    same could be said about funkyness ;)

• That music in your mind joint ok...Those john B vidios...ahh no..not me. Wouldent some tracks by Blim or Tipper be considered electroDNB? I know blim got some electro records out & some DNB and i heard alot of tipper tracks that sound more like breaks and others more like dnb.

• Ivan
    its probably the jazzy elements (sax etc) you didnt like?
    the best about the track for me is the vocoder and
    the chilled Paul Hardcastle like atmo.
    do you like his works (apart from "19")?

Quote from skeme;11268

That music in your mind joint ok...Those john B vidios...ahh no..not me. Wouldent some tracks by Blim or Tipper be considered electroDNB? I know blim got some electro records out & some DNB and i heard alot of tipper tracks that sound more like breaks and others more like dnb.

the border between electro~breaks (or however its called)
    and drum'n'bass is often fading i guess.
    i heard the names but not sure if i know any of their works...
    any tips for Blim and Tipper?

not too much electro about it
    but an excellent synth-sounding drum'n'bass tune
    for me is also Exocet "Demon Seed"...

qCf_bULZfEs
    one of my favourite dnb tracks ever. building up slowly.
    i like that kind of sad~dark but at the same time uplifting atmo.

• @Matt
    i was a fan of ADAM F back in the 90th( i discovered him on a future music magacine and a radio show), in that time MR F was a inovate to the drum and bass and i learned from his production , i founded now that production nothing inovated and the production..........nnn..not my taste...the vocoder is good very good but honestly i think is easy to do!
    i am not too much fan now of drum and bass i foud it a little boring , in special the jazzy cose some times is like a jamm sesion recorded IMO i fall seek about jazzy drum and bass cose here in spain lots of chill outs clubs on the beach where playing all the same and some times i was listening the sesion and looks like the same track all the sesion
    and of course i like more track also that 19" the record FOOLIN

• Quote from tele

ok i think that adam f stuff is pretty gross :-X but I thought his Kaos album was pretty hot.

i agree
    idont want say that ADAM F is a Shit he is a great producer eh!!
    .....................but the cool ADAM is the X je je!! :P

• uhm some classics dnb tracks i still listen to but not very electrish:

Orbital - The Girl With The Sun In Her Head
    http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=4xc2eNFFvzs&feature=related

Everything But The Girl-Before Today (pure class imo)
    http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=J_MKsZlisi8

Underworld - Sappys Curry - Banstyle mix

contemporary i found him, ruff, dark and with the D flavour:
    http://www.myspace.com/sinistarrtunes

The Villains Inc 003 - Gab.Gato 'Reprogrammed Ep':
    ELECTRO EMPIRE (the ORIGINAL one) Rmx by BassJunkie
    THE VILLAINS INC Rmx by Max Durante
    S.N.A. Rmx by Dj Stingray 313
    A SCANNER DARKLY Rmx by Sinistarr (DnB Version!)

• Quote from skeme

That music in your mind joint ok...Those john B vidios...ahh no..not me. Wouldent some tracks by Blim or Tipper be considered electroDNB? I know blim got some electro records out & some DNB and i heard alot of tipper tracks that sound more like breaks and others more like dnb.

the border between electro~breaks (or however its called)
    and drum'n'bass is often fading i guess.
    i heard the names but not sure if i know any of their works...
    any tips for Blim and Tipper?

Blim no i just kind of pulld that out my ass cause im not familiar with any of the dnb works but he did the music is the drug rmx and redlight district. 4 Tipper check out this cd http://www.discogs.com/release/38459 it got a mix of styles electro, breaks, dnb some slow kind a dubstep type shit. a unique blend on it good cd.These are the only sound clips i could find off that cd not really an example of what i was talking about more like what u said about the boarder between breaks & electro.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnKLomAerQc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy__9P5eRfA

• i always thought blim and tipper were called "new school breaks"(buckfunk 3000, si begg, freq nasty ect..), at least thats what we called it in the late 90's when that stuff was coming out cuz the bpm is too slow to be considered drum& bass/jungle....but they do use alot of the same bass and drum sounds...

my top tunes for electro drum & bass(if thats what we call it) are "severe breakage" by ultrafex off high octaine records...that track is so sick...it opens with a sample from "going back to cali" then uses the "planet rock" beat sped up to 160 bpm.....it ends with a krs-1 vocal sample, not sure what song...it goes "what do we have here, a sucker in fear, i snached your heart put it way up on the chart...."

also a good one is "feel it" by fresh & hing off the label fresh productions....i am guessing its out of florida? the area code is 561 on the label ...thats from 1999....its more of a stripped down fast electro beat with jungle type samples...

if i find any more in my collection i will post but this is a rare genre imo

• There is an Electro-Drum n Bass track on Mandroid's new album coming up on FBI, ill put clips up soon of the whole thing ;). I think both styles work well, sure beats that damn wah-wah bass crap that all DnB seemed to turn into.

Would like to see more artists doing it, iam gonna give it a shot... :P

• Quote from Tele;11271

ok i think that adam f stuff is pretty gross :-X but I thought his Kaos album was pretty hot.

Yeah, Kaos being his only real hip hop effort, like that Redman jam...

ELECTROFUNK is a subsidiary of HIP HOP MUSIC AND CULTURE, don't you forget it suckaz...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!