Dr.G & The MD's - All Nite Long

• indeed a very nice electro rap 12" out of Detroit. I guess its from 1985/86. Ultra hard to find, much luck finding a copy

its not clear if you check the label whats the A SIDE and what the B side.
    The "Thats Tough" side has etched A and "All nite long" has etched B in the vinyl on my copy. And both sides are very nice. i prefer thats tough (9/10). All night ia also nice (8/10)

A:

• good record and agree "that's tough" is slightly better as "All Nite Long" but i wouldn't rate it higher than 7/10 it itsn't one of tose records / tracks i could listen everyday to it, maybe a bit to commercial + the refrain on All Nite Long is stressing me after a while...just my opp

• sure, tastes are different.

but you need to explain me 1 thing. what is commercial on that 12"?
    really tough 80' Underground Electro Rap.
    Thats Tough has a pretty good drum machine beat with a lot of claps and awesome synth work. But this comes better out if you own it and spin the wax or listen a quality rip. Pretty nice Message rap.
    Same to All Nite Long, stunning melody rap, yes, probably the all nite long refrain nerves a little bit, and thats the only reason why i rate that tune "only" with 8/10 and not 9/10

probably you dont like the Dr.G Tunes like me (even 7/10 is a good rating too ; -), but to be honest i cant hear anything commercial on that track...my opp

• sure, tastes are different.

but you need to explain me 1 thing. what is commercial on that 12"?
    really tough 80' Underground Electro Rap.
    Thats Tough has a pretty good drum machine beat with a lot of claps and awesome synth work. But this comes better out if you own it and spin the wax or listen a quality rip. Pretty nice Message rap.
    Same to All Nite Long, stunning melody rap, yes, probably the all nite long refrain nerves a little bit, and thats the only reason why i rate that tune "only" with 8/10 and not 9/10

probably you dont like the Dr.G Tunes like me (even 7/10 is a good rating too ; -), but to be honest i cant hear anything commercial on that track...my opp

• I've only heard "That's Tough" and I like it. The beatbox claps are definitely fresh and I like that it is up-tempo. My only real criticism is the lack of "cymbals" used in the drum programming. Other than that, not bad, I'd give it 8/10.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!