Sport raps: Tabron - Block The Ball

• just checked my collection for any sport raps and found this cool jam...really like it

A1 - Block The Ball (Vocal) (of course only a snippet :D )

[ame]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/ame]

anyone's here into this kinda style?

• Yup, like them...ALOT of them sport raps were about Basketball I noticed...anyone seen a rap about ..let's say..Ice Hockey..or something else besides American Football & Basketball?

• hmm only 2 tracks comes into my mind, a Baseball track by Dwight Gooden ft The MCL Rap Machine - Dr. K
    and Olympic Rap by 4 Play but this is more a rap over that event.

• dont forget Lloyd Moseby-Shakers Rap, a baseball rap who is on the same label like dwight gooden

But the most are about football and basketball, as this are the most famous sports in the US.
    Sport raps are cool, have a lot of them, some are whack, some are very cool, the tabron 12" is medium class for me, a good 12"

• Ha...I forgot the rap about Wrestling (YES its a sport!!!) on Konduko Tashamba...Smoove Matty Matt - Rapping Wrestling. Cool tune IMO, then again..I like alot on the Tashamba label..LOL.

But I think you are right, American Football and Basketball are the most popular I gues..so most raps will be on those 2 sport topics.

• another good one is steady rock crew -rapping bout maine -a 7Inch from 1986. Does anyone else have this one?It seems to be super rare, im happy to have this, its a rap about the maine high school area and football teams, over the music from autumn-kold krush(i asked the former member of autumn, he dont know that 7" and that they have used their sound !! im courious about the copyrights, it seems this one was never officially sold, it more was a school project by some high school guys/football players.)

• How about this comedy gem?!

[ame]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/ame]

• Quote from doctorcrack;12862

I think sport raps are only really good if they were done by real rappers and not by sportsmen
    i found many crappy tunes but also a lot of very good 12"s and 7"s.

so heres another top class sport rap by the Dynomite111 about the Houston Rockets, one of the best i know (but not THE best imo) i recorded short sample...

http://www.divshare.com/download/6446992-efb

can't agree as it has nothing to do if they're sportmen or real rappers, only with their skills ;)

but agree on this:
    Dynomite111's tune is one of the best "sport raps", but don't have a Top choice, some are good , some not so, it's a subjective thing.

another nice one i like is

C. Jordan & D. Jones - The Rose Bowl Rapp (Midway 1986)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/54957084fd04f24d/

• it HAS something to do with it if they are real rappers or not...... As a lot of them just dont have good rap skills, LA Raiders, LA Rammers, Chicago bears, Washington redskins, philadelphia eagles......pure sportsmen, no rappers. terrible rap !! so the most (not all) sport raps done by sportsmen are not really good...i have more than 35 sport rap 12" and 7" 1982-1987 and nearly all with sportmen on the mic are crap.....only a few exceptions. Real rap crews who did sport raps like the Steady Rock Crew, Dynomite 111, G-Mann, Houston City Rappers, are way better.

• Dennis Franks And The Liberty Bells - Eagles Battle Cry (TEC Records 1980?). probably the first Sport Rap?? super cool disco rap 7.5/10

Franatic Fans-49ers In The Super Bowl -(Franatic Fans 7Inch 1982) another early sport rap out of san francisco....very rare private press..cool tune 7/10

Houston City Rappers - Houston Rockets (HS 1985) nother tune about the houston rockets, real rappers, bombastic electro Beats, synths and Vocoder refrain 9.5/10

Softball Players-Right On Trot (JLDT 7Inch 1986) a rap tune by a houston softball players team...the rap is crap 3/10

The Brownsville 11-The Super Bowl Brownies (White Nights 7Inch 1986) the rap not the best here (football team!!) but ultra cool sounds....6.5/10

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!