3. Started collecting records (0) 0%
    4. Did you want to Human Beat Box (0) 0%
    5. Did you want to Produce Music (0) 0%
    6. Did you want to be a Graff Artist (0) 0%
    7. Did you want to be an MC (0) 0%
    8. Did you want to become a DJ (0) 0%
    9. Did you learn to Break (0) 0%
    10. Did you learn to Body Pop (0) 0%

In the 80's what did you do when all the Electro Funk/Electro Hip Hop came about?

• learn to Body Pop
    learn to Break
    became a DJ
    became a Graff Artist
    wanted to Produce Music
    Started collecting records

• Quote from darrell;23777

And still some how had the time to ride bmx, play football, and chase woman

You weren't a Grifter kid then! I was bought a Puch and had to look happy about it! :(

• I was into graffiti and making music. I wish I still had the old rap tapes my friend "Def Jeff" (that was 1985) did. We used to be called Def Jeff & The EFX Posse. The graf crew was I.T.B. (Instinct To Bomb). Those where good times. My only regret was selling off quite a few records back in about 1995.

• Quote from steve1972;24235

It was the music that started me off collecting records , about 25 years and loads of dosh later i'm still at it :)

Straight away I started collecting in 1983(Man Parrish-Hip Hop Be Bop was my first 12"/Crucial Electro my first Electro Lp), right up to 1991 when I sold my whole Hip Hop/Electro 12" collection to buy stuff for my first house, aaaaarggghh!

In 1998 I borrowed a copy of Man Parrish 'Hip Hop Be Bop' of my mate(I never gave it back though) and started a mission to collect every Electro/Hip Hop 12" that was featured on Street Sounds Electro(I still haven't got them all), but after digging deeper I found loads of Electro that I'd never heard of, so I had a new mission-to collect every Electro record released in the 80's, this was until I bought a copy of Freddy Fresh's Rap Records book and realised just how much of this music was released and I would have to be a millionaire to get them all(or stay extrememly skint), so now I just buy stuff I'm interested in, I'm up to about 1000 12"s of 80's old school Hip Hop/Electro, mostly 82-86 stuff.

I've got records that are not featured in Freddy's book, maybe we should start a thread for Freddy for his next edition lol......

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!