• Quote from Bokkiebeh;12721

Just got my copy of (the now infamous) Die Zwei - USA! USA! USA! on West Trading Comp. cotaining Wanted : The Tyrell Corp. Very happy with that one I must say! Nice NM copy with picture sleeve and Press Release.

Also got my copy of Davis And Davis - The Professor (on) Center Stage today! One of the famous Chocolate Star Records with The Professor and Gary Davis. Cool stuff.

you've been very busy bokkie, congrads on getting that "Die Zwei" album and Davis and Davis 12" (very obscure early electro) ;)

• Yeah well, not very busy...just got a few records that interested me. Not sure if you have/want a copy of Die Zwei, but probably have a spare soon! Shall I keep it aside for you?

Some of these Chocolate Star records are really cool...I never heard the On Center Stage, so I had to have it...no regrets! Nice obscure electro as you said, also contains (a wierd and not very professional) rap version.
    A seller on GEMM called Gary Davis (not sure if he is the real Gary Davis) advertises this record was limited to 300 copies? Can't confirm that offcourse...the seller on GEMM sells that 12 for a whopping $330!

http://www1.gemm.com/item/DAVIS--AN…E/GML759898695/

Now to get my hands on an original of that Untitled EP they started with containing Super Jake and Gee Dee

• Quote from Bokkiebeh;12901

Yeah well, not very busy...just got a few records that interested me. Not sure if you have/want a copy of Die Zwei, but probably have a spare soon! Shall I keep it aside for you?

Some of these Chocolate Star records are really cool...I never heard the On Center Stage, so I had to have it...no regrets! Nice obscure electro as you said, also contains (a wierd and not very professional) rap version.
    A seller on GEMM called Gary Davis (not sure if he is the real Gary Davis) advertises this record was limited to 300 copies? Can't confirm that offcourse...the seller on GEMM sells that 12 for a whopping $330!

http://www1.gemm.com/item/DAVIS--AN…E/GML759898695/

Now to get my hands on an original of that Untitled EP they started with containing Super Jake and Gee Dee

oops..seems i've mixed this up with the release from 1982
    http://www.discogs.com/MC-Chocolate-S…/release/437133

but i'm really curious what's the difference between both issues?!

my oppinion is i always never believe that if its stated kinda "only 100, 300, 500 were ever pressed" when it comes WITHOUT an info where he got the info from (e.g. a link to the source) .. it's just an up pushing method to get more $$$

• Quote from Bokkiebeh;12901

Yeah well, not very busy...just got a few records that interested me. Not sure if you have/want a copy of Die Zwei, but probably have a spare soon! Shall I keep it aside for you?

would be great if u do so (tyia), i'll pm you later ok

• Quote from momzl1;11947

Do you have a mp3 of wee rock krue - hit it? and could you pls share if so? I never heard of that one and their other 12' just flakin is amazing and in my wantlist as well... thanks in advance

check ur pm

• Yup JJ, that version is the 1987 version ( I aslo have the 1982 version), but On Center Stage is a different tune, so had to have it. Nice tune in the same style as the 1982 record. I am wondering even if that tune was made in 1987, it sounds like a 1982 record..maybe they had it on the shelf for some years?

• Some old stuff we bought recently:

Chaka Khan (Krush Groove) - Cant stop the street 12" (1985)
    Will to Power - Will to power LP (1988)
    Man Parrish - Hip Hop be bop (dont stop) 12" (1982)
    V/A - Street Sounds Hip Hop 18 LP (1987)

8)

• Was quite happy to pick up a copy of "bose - don't knock it (till you try it)" 12" at middlesbourgh record fair for £4. :)

No all i need to do is find "rock the world" on 12". 8)

• Here's a Few I recently acquired items:

Chino XL - Rise
    Chino XL - Thousands / Freestyle Rhymes
    Chino XL Of Art Of Origin* - Purple Hands In The Air / Dark Night Of The Bloodspiller
    Orange Lemon - The Texican / Dreams Of Santa Anna
    Mission, The (2) - Listen To The Mission
    Kid, The (9) - Chains On Me
    Tony D - E.F.F.E.C.T.
    Pretty Ricky - New York Swingin'
    Divine Force - My Uptown Beat / Ain't We Funky Now
    Two X Strong - I Get Lifted
    Jewel T* - Country Blues
    C.E.B. - Get The Point
    Todd 1 - Todd 1's Break Beats Vol. 1
    Bernie Hamilton & Inculcation Band, The - Apartheid, Free All South Africans
    Todd-1* - 1 Radical Rebel (Album Sampler)
    Kool Rock Jay - Street Life / Mr. Slow Flow
    Grandmaster Flash - Style (Peter Gunn Theme)
    Downtown Science - If I Was / This Is A Visit / The Topic Drift
    G.L.O.B.E. & Whiz Kid - Play That Beat Mr. D.J.
    Barsha - Who's The Master / Internal Affair
    Throw Down Twins - You'll Be On It
    Whiz Kid - He's Got The Beat
    Whiz Kid With YSL - Let's Get It On!

• Quote from diseone;13882

Orange Lemon - The Texican / Dreams Of Santa Anna

Great record....I was very pleased to get a copy of this a couple of years ago from a carboot sale for a quid. 8)

• Just got these 4 this month

Byron Davis & The Fresh Krew - wanna be,s
    Gangsta Bass Alliance - Work me down to da draws album
    Bass Patrol - rock this planet album
    Juanito fx - In the mix

• A-Town Players In the House- A-Town Players
    Backyard Party- Florida Boyz
    A-Town Drop- A-Town Players
    Short Shorts- Raheem The Dream
    Whoe Strut- Quickpick
    Wine Me, Dine Me- Florida Boyz
    Ride It Baby- Bass Patrol
    Monz Day- Bass Poets
    Bring the Bass- Duice & Tony Mercedez
    Big Booty Hoes- Half Pint
    Sling That Booty - A-Town Players
    Breakdown Rave Mix- Luke

• Imperial Brothers - We Come To Rock (1984)

High Fidelity Three - B Boys Breakdance (1984)

Dynamic Breakers - Dynamic (1984)

Next Generation - You're A Tease (1989)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!