• There's an electronica album that I quite like, 'Electric Dimension' by Kraftwelt. Quite an interesting ambient album that implements many Vangelis cuts from the Bladerunner movie. Worth a listen, if you already haven't.

They had to eventually relinquish their name due to legal action by representatives of Kraftwerk. Name similarity apparently.. :-/

"I need your clothes, your boots, & your synthesizer" :cylon:

• vangelis is one of my all time favourite composer songwriter. he is magnificent. he was puton this earth to make music. i love him and almost all of his albums! and the bladerunner soundtrack is one of my favourites with rachel's song, bladerunner blues etc. CLASSIC!!

• great classic.

i wish the original Vangelis recordings would be released. for some reason they are only in the movie.
    the soundtrack album has all versions "composed" by Vangelis but performed by Jack Elliot.
    the "end theme" at the end of the movie sounds so much better than on the album... imo.

Quote from vtron;30273

There's an electronica album that I quite like, 'Electric Dimension' by Kraftwelt. Quite an interesting ambient album that implements many Vangelis cuts from the Bladerunner movie. Worth a listen, if you already haven't.

yes, nice album this. i didnt realise any connection with vangelis. have to check again.
    their other album is nice too: http://www.discogs.com/Kraftwelt-Retroish/release/122092

• Quote from elektroakust.;30319

great classic.

i wish the original Vangelis recordings would be released. for some reason they are only in the movie.
    the soundtrack album has all versions "composed" by Vangelis but performed by Jack Elliot.
    the "end theme" at the end of the movie sounds so much better than on the album... imo.

yes, nice album this. i didnt realise any connection with vangelis. have to check again.
    their other album is nice too: http://www.discogs.com/Kraftwelt-Retroish/release/122092

Yes I agree, Retroish is also a fine album. Love the title track, plus 'Low Life Lovers', 'Centershade', 'The Eighth Approach' & 'R.T.F.2'.

I thought the Deranged in Space compilation was a bit hit and miss, but love the mix by Surface 10, beautiful sounds. The Leaether Strip one I love also, chunky sounding track 8)

"I need your clothes, your boots, & your synthesizer" :cylon:

• didnt know about the electrik dimensions album...sounds interesting..

i like the way vangelis mixes classical styles and sound with synthesisers...
    knid of grown on me over the years..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!