Classic Electro House tunes

• Quote from Eclectro;35199

Yeah i agree.
    With jungle(from what little i heard) i liked the drum patterns,with drum & bass it just sounds like an average pattern on wrong rpm-totally boring.
    I still got 12''s of 'Tribal Base' & 'Richer Getting Richer' & love em. What did u think of 'Ragga Twins'/'Shut Up & Dance'(b4 'Raving I'm Raving')? Is the gold 'Fuck Off & Die' album rare(with or without the free 12''!)?
    Going back 2 'Can U Dance'-anyone got the Noise Boyz mix? What do they think of it?
    Also,anyone remember 'Acid Drill',or 'House Is Mine-HYPNOTIST'??

Got the album by the Ragga Twins called 'Reggae Owe's Me Money' which came out in 1991 and even made it in the national album charts at number 21 :) Loved that album and it reminds me of my sort of fav years 1989-1991 all Acid Jazz,Ragga and a bit of Hip Hop.

Starting to think about some of my best times for Muisc was between 1988-1997 then after that i think the internet fucked things up :"(

• The internet fucking things up-that's 4 sure,2 a point! The only problem is,now it's a necessary evil! I.e. it was good going in2 shops(record shops,junk shops,charity shops,boot sales,etc)up til about 2005-now everyone is a record dealer,Ebay has near enough killed music collecting(unless ur loaded),hardly anything is in boot sales,record shops r closing everywhere & now not even supermarkets do singles on CDs. But the internet isn't all bad-i've found some old tracks i've never heard b4,found stuff i never had,& sites like this one(amongst a handful)r at least keeping Electro going(i choose not 2 listen 2 newer stuff-but i don't hate it!).Tho rap is nearly beyond help-it all got terrible thru gangster rap & 2 much money/bullshit! It could b i'm just getting old tho!
    And digital players r better than tape ones-look how much music u can carry with u!

• Quote from Eclectro;35261

The internet fucking things up-that's 4 sure,2 a point! The only problem is,now it's a necessary evil! I.e. it was good going in2 shops(record shops,junk shops,charity shops,boot sales,etc)up til about 2005-now everyone is a record dealer,Ebay has near enough killed music collecting(unless ur loaded),hardly anything is in boot sales,record shops r closing everywhere & now not even supermarkets do singles on CDs. But the internet isn't all bad-i've found some old tracks i've never heard b4,found stuff i never had,& sites like this one(amongst a handful)r at least keeping Electro going(i choose not 2 listen 2 newer stuff-but i don't hate it!).Tho rap is nearly beyond help-it all got terrible thru gangster rap & 2 much money/bullshit! It could b i'm just getting old tho!
    And digital players r better than tape ones-look how much music u can carry with u!

The good thing about the net is i have found stuff that has been deleted i have downloaded for free and also thousands of tunes out there that need a listen once,also i like using Yourtube for old footage and checking out a track which i have never heard from say a DJ's list BUT now any tom,dick and harry can have the best music library ever from downloading tunes for free but they don't wear there heart on there sleeves if you know what i mean.

I loved going into record shops in the 80's and early 90's for Vinyl as it was like going into a Sweet Shop (or good Off Licences nowadays),and theni started on the CD's the rest of the 90's but that all stopped at the turn of 2000.Saying that i still by a CD once a week on-line from Sounds Of The Universe/Soul Jazz and Honest Johns.But your right about Hip Hop and so called R'n'B as it is beyond help and has been shit for 15 years or so....i blame the old MTV as one of the causes.

• About going in2 record shops being like being in a sweet shop:-
    At the end of 91 i started my record collection from scratch(as had 2 sell earlier collections 4 various reasons-moving up north,skint,etc!),but going in2 HMV was gr8,u could still get the original mix of 'Blue Monday-NEW ORDER'! The net was handy 4 finding my gaps i still had tho.
    Does wearing ur heart on ur sleeve mean admitting 2 things like wearing t shirts in 88/89 with smiley faces!!!

• Quote from Eclectro;35264

Does wearing ur heart on ur sleeve mean admitting 2 things like wearing t shirts in 88/89 with smiley faces!!!

I think it does as well as wearing a Bandanna ;)

• That's nothing-in about 89/90 i was wearing this yellow hooded top with purple sphinx's all over,flared jeans & purple pasties,not 4getting the Oshkosh & purple dungarees-i don't know if i mind not having photo evidence any of this now! And in 88 i had lovely smiley shirts with 'have a nice trip' & 'acid blows ur mind'! Still at least i didnt have the curtains or sheepdog hairstyle!
    I was still in2 Electro then,honest!!!

• Quote from bhose;35108

Hip Hop crap after 89'? hahahaaaa.... er no... not everyone got into bullshit rave/house/techno garbage after 89.

actually most b-boys from the uk got into jungle in the early 90's and that is a fact

to the best of my knowledge I guess that I'm FRESH!

• Don't know much about hip hop past 92,as just tried 2 find older(classic) tracks.
    Surely all the areas u mentioned are only a small part of the North(not even all of North West)! Hardly everywhere!

• [ame]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/ame]

[ame]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/ame]

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!