80s Detroit Electro

• whats everyones favorites?......any rare ones??

Model 500 - Testing 1 2
    [ame]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/ame]

Model 500 - Future
    [ame]

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/ame]

DJ Reckless Ron - Here's Your Chance
    [ame]

[/ame]

• check this very rare detroit killer! :cylon:

Sam and Dave - The Alkebulan Man
    [ame]

[/ame]

• Nu-Sound II Crew - The Speed Of Light
    [ame]

[/ame]

• Clarence G - Clarence G's Club
    [ame]

[/ame]

• [ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

Postcode lottery........you're thick if you deny it exists

• mcsaszi84 very nice tracks!!

AITCH-SKI nice too but please only electro here.......i will make another thread for detroit techno/house

• Luckily i haven't yet ripped my only 2 LP's i have,so i didn't have 2 get them out of a loft. So checked covers of Techno LP's-'Retro Techno/Emotions Electric' & the original 'House Sound Of Detroit' one. Apart from that only have Network clear vinyl with Strings Of Life,& a few Rythim Is Rythim & Inner City 12''s('Big Fun' megamix is good!).

• Frequency - Television
    [ame]

[/ame]

• Flintstones - Party Race
    [ame]

[/ame]

• Model 500 - No UFOs
    [ame]

[/ame]

• Channel One - Technicolor
    [ame]

[/ame]

• Modulation - Cosmic Population
    [ame]

[/ame]

• Quote from mega;37980

mcsaszi84 very nice tracks!!

AITCH-SKI nice too but please only electro here.......i will make another thread for detroit techno/house

Oops sorry mega, I misread the thread mate - Detroit "ELECTRO".......my bad :D
    I should have gone to Specsavers ;D

Postcode lottery........you're thick if you deny it exists

• a few good ones..

Invisible DJ-DEF -87
    Wizards Of The Turntables- Dont Breathe (We're Rocking The Cut) -88
    Channel One-It's Channel One -87
    BMW-Rock The House -87
    K.C. & Crew - Greater Detroit -87
    T.Mack - Mill Due (The Galactic funk Dj) -85

• Dr. G & The MD 's - All Nite Long '85
    [ame]

[/ame]

• Anyone know the history of Electro,House and Techno from 1980's Detroit.
    I quote from Derrick May in Sean Bidder's book called 'Pump Up The Volume' in the Techno section,

'There was no name for this music,' says May.'Juan kept saying for months before that "it's techno,it's techno."
    But we didn't want to call it techno music because at that time there were some guys from Miami and from California doing a sped-up sort of hip-hop version of electronic music,and they were calling it techno,and i hated that.I hated that whole sound,that whole concept,i thought man,we are not going to do this,no way.'

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!