Binalog Productions "Advanced Funk Vol.1" (2x12") OUT NOW!

• 25 copies sent last Monday and another 40 earlier this morning 8)

Soon available at the Dominance shop and Templeplate :)

There's also a give away competition running on Contacto Sintetico. One of our spanish friends will have the chance to win a signed copy of AF1! Watch this space for more competitions in the near future! :cylon:

I remind you that you can purchase the album directly through our site or you can send a private message here on EE and i will reply asap.
    A couple of people complained about creased covers with bent corners. I am really sorry about that :-[ I wouldn't imagine that postmen treat packages that bad... As soon as i had these reports i took care and now the packages are stiffer, enhanced with cardboard slices. If some of you are not happy with the condition of the cover, please send me a message and i will send you a brand new for free, until mid-November.

Later on today i will post all the great reviews that AF1 had so far, as well a list of links to the digital shops where you can purchase the digital edition. I remind you that this edition contains 5 bonus tracks of equal quality with the 12 included in the vinyl version. After all the one and only reason that these 5 tracks didn't make it to the vinyl, was the financial one... ;)

• Quote from Ctrl.Alt.Del;46449

Dont forget to check out the Digital Bonus MP3 tracks!! ;)

Hope to see you all on VOl.2!

oh yes mate, your track is wicked, I love it!!

cheers
    pip

• Yea I got mine today too. :) Cant wait to give this a good spin this week. Records are looking fresh, nice slice of vinyl & nice labels, My sleeve got beat up in the mail but since theres no record shops around anymore your gonna have to just except that is going to happen once in a while & just be glad the records came in one piece. Also yea the bonus tracks are also rocking of course those are not to be missed. My favorites are Dwellz Rawks, Ctrl.Alt.Del, & Robodrum’s. & shit the vinyl I cant even pick a favorite but was rocking Morph’s, Xed’s UKVs tunes out tonight. And the remix of Prototypes tune is pretty sick haven’t heard that 1 until today. !Two Thumbs Up!

• I received mine last week as well.
    Packaging probably not sturdy enough for a trip to the bottom of the world.
    Cover edges crunched & creased, but overall not that bad for its journey.
    But luckily vinyl was fine.
    Sounding dope.
    Thanks heaps.

• i received mine today, and similarily as above the flimsy packing ruined the cover.
    what is it with europeans thinking that records will survive travel halfway across the globe essentially in a bag?
    i don't mean to generalize, but i frequently receive packages from europe in these stupid bubble bags. luckily the vinyl isn't broken, but i have had a record arrive cracked because of such similar packing.

get with the program record sellers and use proper record mailers!!!!!

not cool.

• Quote from defelectrobeatsv3;46837

i received mine today, and similarily as above the flimsy packing ruined the cover.
    what is it with europeans thinking that records will survive travel halfway across the globe essentially in a bag?
    i don't mean to generalize, but i frequently receive packages from europe in these stupid bubble bags. luckily the vinyl isn't broken, but i have had a record arrive cracked because of such similar packing.

get with the program record sellers and use proper record mailers!!!!!

not cool.

...and not a word about THE MUSIC and the vinyl quality... :(
    If you took a second to look 6 posts 'above', at the same page, you could read my apology for the 'damaged' covers received by (some of) the people who bought the album in the first place, and my intention to replace them for free. With a pm we could solve this in private ;)
    Anyway, i'm not a businessman and i f***ing don't care about lost money etc., i only care about THE MUSIC, that's why you can always send me the album back and i'm going to fully refund you, plus i will send you a brand new cover for free, in a really stiff package... ;) ;D

• I collected the reviews AF1 had so far, some of the (hundreds of) enthusiastic comments and the links to the digital (enhanced-5 bonus traks) edition. Here's part 1-the reviews:

Mad Wax on City Of Bass:

Want to get your finger on the pulse of electro music in 2010? Go ahead and cop the excellent 'Advanced Funk Volume One' compilation recently released via Binalog Productions Records.

This comp does a marvelous job showcasing the sounds and styling of the new crop of electro producers doing their thing. What I love most about the record is it shows the next evolution of electro music. The death knell of any genre is stagnation; in the past I've seen it happen to drum n bass. For any of you who follow that scene --- do you remember the dark days where all you heard were 2 step beats and whale farts for two solid years? Dammmmn.

Fortunately for the electro scene, these new producers are taking it to the next level. With subtle nods to the past, laced throughout futuristic vibes, wrapped around beats that enjoy kicking your ass and taking names later - this album is 100% for heads. Below you can see my picks of the album, but honestly there's not a track on this release that didn't have me kopfnicken.

It's very easy to cherry pick, of course, but I recommended getting the entire release as a whole. It's that good. Recommended.

City of Bass picks: R21 'Minimum', Hitachi II 'Tokyo City', Morphogenetic 'Secret War', Paul Blackford 'Bacteria', Alavux 'Natasha's Funk', Lektroid 'Parametric Shift', Robodrum 'Army of Droids', and the utterly brilliant Ctrl.Alt.Del 'Nightvision GPS'.

Maurizio Pustianaz on Chain D.L.K.:

ADVANCED FUNK VOL.1 is the first vinyl release of Binalog Productions and it contains twelve tracks/international artists on the double vinyl edition and seventeen into its digital edition. Electro funk born in the 80s as genre, taking inspiration from the robotic electronic music of Kraftwerk and mixed it with hip-hop and dance. The first bands to be filed under this genre were Africa Bambaata, Cybotron and Newcleus (to name few). During the years the genre mutated (nowadays some acts sound darker paragoned to the electro funk originators) but some characteristics such as the syncopated rhythms, the use of vocoder and the analog synth sounds remain a must. ADVANCED FUNK VOL.1 gathers many new producers as well as people who have been involved into the scene since the 80s but never released tracks (Dj Mirage and DJ Xed are two of them) and others that released something during that decade (LekroiD). Coming from Spain, Eleztrik Body, open the compilation with "Future lo-fi", a classic dark sounding bouncing track. R21 from England (I already reviewed their new E.P.), with "Minimum", is a bit less dark but keep high the level of adrenalin with fast bass lines, filtered vocal samples and atmospheric laser like sounds. Hitachi II from Czech Republic, with "Tokio city", show his love for manga comics mixing happy melodic lines with hard beats and atmospheric long synth pads. Darxid is next with "Eternity", a track which mix electro and a bit of breakbeat. Dj Xed, helped by Dj K1, is here with a classic electro funk tune based on bass synth lines, freaky synth sounds and mysterious vocals. Morphogenetic from U.S.A. (headed by Santino Fernandez, one of the two people behind Fundamental Bass Intelligence) present "The secret war", a track based on dark melodies, stops and go and spacey sounds. Dj Mirage is in the house with "ElectroMech", a massive tune that sounds really powerful, robotic and epic. Paul Blackford's first release was on Dmx Krew's Breakin' Records and he's here with "Bacteria", an anxious mix of analog electro and Detroit techno. Alavux is Goran Alavuk from Serbia and "Natasha's funk" is a mix of acid, electro and techno which grows little by little adding melodies and rhythms step by step. Prototype from Germany allowed Binalog Freq to remix "Stimme der energie", which now sounds like a fresh mix of electro and techno. LekroiD, inspired by Kraftwerk, bring in "Parametric shift", a vocoder driven cool tune with catchy melodies (if you love Mandroid check this one). UKV are a duo from Croatia and "Mizar" is their track which mixes ambient techno intuitions with electro funk rhythms. From Poland, Robodrum is the first act to be only on the digital edition of AF1 with their "Army of droids", a robotic doped track with hypnotic sounds and powerful drum beats. Dwellz Rawkz is coming from Miami and it could be perfect for his city label Transient Force, thanks to electro distorted sounds and techno influences. The Boyz From Tronn with "The rock", bring some old school sounds into the compilation and if I were you, I'd check also their first album "Galaxy"! From Netherlands (just like The Boyz From Tronn), Ctrl.Alt.Del, with "Nightvision (GPS updated)", are here with an experimental robotic sci-fi tune which sounds like Dopplereffekt on drugs. George Tsakiris feat. Binalog close the compilation with "Afro spacecraft" an upbeat cool tune full of bouncing bass lines, spacey leads and crazy rhythmic lines. The compilation is officially out today and if you want to check it, Evangelos is giving away for free a megamix reworked by Spotta. Check it, now!

Elektromonter on Elektropunkz (Google translation from polish):

17 tracks from the Greek label Binalog Productions released recently, but surely some of you already came up with this, build Advanced Funk Vol 1. Very good set of projects from across Europe. Compilation's strong entry is Eleztrik Body's "Future LoFi" and then comes R21, who mows the entire compilation. "Minimum", the track in question, is excellent material for the dance floor. Great groove. R21 for quite some time catches my attention and he's also different this time. We go further and we have Hitachi II with "Tokyo City (Dub Mix)". Lightweight material with a melody, reminds me the DMX Krew.

The next material that caught my ear to the speaker is DJ Mirage's "Electromech". Dark and penetrating bass, pads, and a distinct kick. This track would fit easily on a shelf next to such stars as Bass Junkie and IBM. This work comes also as an EP, which I will describe shortly. Right after Mirage there's Paul Blackford and his "Bacteria". Number absolutely in his style, though certainly not among his best tracks. Cost-effective amount of sounds, the pace at which you can't get short of breath, and wandering, piercing bass. His style as the bacterium infects.

What then? Then there's Alavux. A very strong position in the compilation. Great job from the Serbian producer, a more techno number than the others and well produced. LektroiD, which appears on many good compilations such as Street Sounds Nu Electro and Global Surveyor, prepared for AF1 tight spatial and space track, "Parametric Shift". We keep on listening and we get to Robodrum and Dwellz Rawkz. Both numbers are very strong with a good fuck *** moths. Like Mirage's, these numbers would fit like a glove to Battle Trax. Vocoders, bass and lasers! Quite another to build the entire track is "The Rock" by The Boyz From Tronn. This number refers to old skool electro, and it borrows from Bambaataa and Egyptian Lover.

Overall a very good compilation. If handed out in reviews stars, this compilation would get a lot. But, unfortunately and fortunately, not yet developed such a system myself. So I shall assess a compilation of the big boom!

luc le freak on Amazon:

This compilation album really helps the ignorant (and confused) fan of modern electronic music to find out what is the real meaning of the term 'electro': syncopated rhythms, analogue basslines, spacey pads, futuristic effects, vocoders, all (real) electro's 'trademark' elements are presented here in heavy doses by both new and experienced artists of the (nu) electrofunk scene. And this is the key word: 'electrofunk', the underrated hip-hop subgenre rooted in Bronx/NY (later expanded to L.A. and Miami) and defined by the likes of Afrika Bambaataa, Newcleus, Hashim and the producing duo of Arthur Baker-John Robie, with tracks like 'Planet Rock', 'Jam On It' and 'Al Naafyish', and labels like Tom Silverman's Tommy Boy Records.
    What all the above tracks have in common with... 'electro-house'? The answer is: Nothing! However, tracks with the standard 'four to the floor' beats and structure that comes directly from the progressive/tech house era, are often labelled as 'electro', confusing the listener, who's desperately looking for similarities between a true electro track and an electrohouse one...
    Not that in Advanced Funk Vol.1 there's a retro feeling or that the artists are copying the style of Egyptian Lover or Captain Rock, for example. Electro has gone a long way since its conception back in 1982, its popularity during the 2nd half of the 80s (thanks mainly to its transformation to 'freestyle' and 'Miami Bass' by people like Maggotron and the still active Debonaire), its return to obscurity in the first half of the 90s and its '2nd wave' just before the millenium (thanks to the likes of Dave Clarke and Anthony Rother), a 'wave' that lasts over a decade now and, as considered by many people, is at its 'peak' in the last couple of years, although still moving underground. In most cases 'nu electro' is a hybrid of electrofunk, techno and breakbeat, a combination that here works best on Darxid's 'Eternity', Eleztrik Body's 'Future LoFi' and Prototype's 'Stimme Der Energie'. You'll even discover acid references on 'Natasha's Funk' by Alavux and trip-hop touches on UKV's 'Mizar' with its funky laidback groove. On the more hardcore vein, Robodrum's 'Army Of Droids' and Dwellz Rawkz' 'Alien Menace', are aggressive electro tracks destined to rock post-nuclear dancefloors, while Dj Mirage's 'Electromech' is a powerful, yet moody piece of old fashioned DMX-driven electrofunk, an excellent track that is hard to believe that it's a new production and not a 80s one!
    My 3 favourite tracks included in this album are R21's 'Minimum', an awesome electro number with a killer bassline and unique sample work, Dj Xed's 'Bass Your Fears', a hotter than hot b-boy tune that features Keith Tucker of Aux 88 fame on vocals, and Lektroid's Kraftwerk-ish little masterpiece 'Parametric Shift'; unbelieveble production on this one!
    Finally the most impressive element of this compilation, is the originality of all the 17 tracks, as well their quality, which really stands on the highest level, especially compared with other current releases of this genre, like the Streetsounds 'Nu Electro 3', a very disappointing album, definitely the weakest delivery by this (recently re-emerged) legendary electro label...
    Advanced Funk Vol.1 is a highly recommended album for the fans of real electro. Buy it!

• I just want to add that I have ordered this from that site that was posted (was it a french record shop??) , really looking forward to it arriving, top work by all involved.

• nah, it's not going anywhere. i'll live with it.

perhaps i was a bit hasty in commenting, but this msg was strictly from the perspective of a consumer buying a product - simple as that. this packing issue happens far too often and its very frustrating since i seek perfection in my collection.

so, no it was not an attack to the album itself or the music, as i have not listened to it yet already knowing its killer.

no disrespect there fellow.
    peace!

• Quote from defelectrobeatsv3;46868

nah, it's not going anywhere. i'll live with it.

perhaps i was a bit hasty in commenting, but this msg was strictly from the perspective of a consumer buying a product - simple as that. this packing issue happens far too often and its very frustrating since i seek perfection in my collection.

so, no it was not an attack to the album itself or the music, as i have not listened to it yet already knowing its killer.

no disrespect there fellow.
    peace!

Thanks a lot Rob, you're definitely a cool guy! 8) Sorry if i pushed it too far, i respect your purist view as far as it concerns a vinyl collection and you have my word that a brand new cover will hit your door in the near future! ;) :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!