Street Sounds Nu Electro Vol.3

• Street Sounds NU ELECTRO VOL.3 Vinyl Track Listing:

SIDE A

A1. CAPTAIN ROCK - Dance & Party (Laa-dee-Daa-dee)
    A2. BRIAN E with THE EGYPTIAN LOVER - This Nu Electro
    A3. NEWCLEUS feat. THE B BOYS - We Devolve
    A4. JUST-ICE & KRS-ONE - Blah, Blah, Blah (DJ Tones Remix)

SIDE B

B1. FATBACK 4WAY - Watchin' All The Ladies
    B2. ]MR. P & THE GUNSLINGER - Just Another Day
    B3. REENO feat. JLA - $ex & Money
    B4. BLOCO ELECTRO - Funk Batida (Street Sounds Mix)

SIDE C

C1. LEKTROID feat. XIDUS PAIN - Welcome To The Future
    C2. DJ XED - Electrify
    C3. AJ-BEATZ - Take Control
    C4. DARXID - You (Rewerked)

SIDE D

THE MASTERMIXES

D1. DJ MIRAGE MASTERMIX
    D2. DJ XED MASTERMIX

All tracks on Vinyl are full length & unmixed.

• The first review for 'Nu-Electro 3' has now been posted up:

The iconic `Streetsounds' labels returns again with `Nu-Electro 3', which serves to capture the latest and most exciting developments in `Nu-Electro', offered up across a double mixed cd or unmixed limited edition vinyl. The cd release continues the now familiar formula of assigning each cd to a single DJ, with each also providing a `Mastermix' utilising tracks drawn from the single cd. After the success of `Nu-Electro 2' DJ Mirage returns, to be joined (for the first time) by DJ XED.

Fans of the original `Streetsounds Electro' series will undoubtedly welcome the return of Captain Rock and The Aleems, as the Captain returns with his `Dipship' for 2010. This is not an exercise in mere nostalgia, as the Captain is clearly returning to rock new audiences with an entirely contemporary sound, as is The Egyptian Lover (with Brian E) for `This Nu Electro'. Imagine hard 808 beats, the Lover's hypnotic vocals (and a Kraftwerk reference) and you have Nu-Electro heaven! Fatback 4Way's `Watchin' All The Ladies' is a Zapp / Roger style excursion in to Electro-Funk that is melodically captivating with the potential for wider appeal. For those ready to dismiss `Nu-Electro' as mere `party' music Newcleus (featuring The B-Boys) provide a contemporary lesson in how to merge the musical and political. If you're tired of Hip Hop machismo posturing and wealth acquisitive Rap this should speak to you, and Just-Ice and KRS-1 feature in a similar vein, ironically serving up `Blah Blah Blah'.

Darxid's `You' (Rewerked) may well appeal to fans of the early 1980s New Romantic scene, with post Bowie styling allied to 2010 production values, whilst `Just Another Day' by Mr P & Gunslinger manages to occupy the space between a post-Rave apocalyptic vision and hard industrial Electro beats. Unrelenting and unforgiving, this is `Electro' for the new century. Prototype & Unique's `Unique Morning' (here featured in a exclusive `Streetsounds' remix) is a melodic soundscape that builds and builds in a trance like manner before the tonally unexpected release. This is, undoubtedly, one of the album highlights.

The DJ Mirage Mastermix is a masterclass in how to present a propulsive and musically interesting mix that captures the essence of all it includes without resorting to linear software stylings. DJ XED's Mastermix is less assured, with noticeable shifts in pitch, but manages to successfully encompass the varied material available (whilst also encorporating `Hip Hop Bee Bop (Don't Stop)' by Man Parrish). This feature exemplifies the key quality of `Nu-Electro 3', including far more varied material than previously seen. From fast paced brain crushing vocoder driven tracks to slower Funk referencing Hip Hop, the musical palette is multi-hued and multi-dimensional.

If anyone doubted Morgan Khan's commitment to Nu-Electro this release should finally serve to underline just how credible and influential `Streetsounds' remains. In an age of digital downloads and crashing hard drives Khan's commitment to tangible product is to be applauded, as are his efforts to secure the re-emergence of Capt Rock, and his continued willingness to reference the `inspiration and foundation' - with the Aleems, The Egyptian Lover, Just-Ice, KRS-1 and Newcleus featuring for the `Nu-Electro' nation. With each release the strength of this series improves, and once again `Nu-Electro 3' has raised the qualitative bar. For B-Boys and B-Girls of all ages, this release is an essential purchase for 2010.

Simply Buy.

155 :)

Never to the left of a yoga mat!

• Great review 155! Did you notice you got 551 posts? Next up is 1155 :)
    Just a little remark, shifts in pitch in my mastermix were on purpose (i don't know if you're famillar with my mix series called 'freedom of pitch') coz i like that effect. I just want that fact to be out on the open. No hard feelings bro. 8)
    We're all in the same game, gotta stay true to it! :)

• Nice review 155 - I guess that's by you? (saw it on Amazon.) Noticed that you can also get the vinyl from Amazon get free shipping (they must have an allocation of some of the 500 copies)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Streetsounds-N…L/dp/B003Z3WKPW

• Thank you so much Rob (155) for such an incredible review, I think you've totally summed up Nu Electro vol.3. Reading your review really makes all the many months of hard work by so many people seem truly worthwhile. I will be posting this review everywhere with pride.

Quote from diplomat;43016

Nice review 155 - I guess that's by you? (saw it on Amazon.) Noticed that you can also get the vinyl from Amazon get free shipping (they must have an allocation of some of the 500 copies)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Streetsounds-N…L/dp/B003Z3WKPW

Diplomat, 'Nu Electro vol.3' has been put up on Amazon by our distributor 'Absolute/Universal Music' and we will be supplying them with whatever is left (if any) after the mail out to all those who have bought 'Nu Electro vol.3' via the Street Sounds website. Glad you like the review.

• Morgan.

Thank you for your kind words, and please allow me to also thank you for the opportunity.

155 :)

Never to the left of a yoga mat!

• Quote from defelectrobeatsv3;43207

how are things looking for shipping out this week?

Excited to announce that 'Nu Electro vol.3' ships this coming week to all those who have ordered from the Street Sounds website! ;D

• STREET SOUNDS NEEDS YOU!

STREET SOUNDS NEEDS YOU to help spread the word about 'Street Sounds' & 'Nu Electro vol.3' in whichever way you can.

Please share the word on your Facebook page, various relevant groups, forums. Please also contact me if you have any ideas or would like the Official Press Release to send to your local press, use on your blog, write a review, etc.

I would appreciate each and every effort no matter how big or small and would also like to hear from those not in the UK who can help promote the album in their country.

Respect & love,

Morgan

• Quote from Electro69;43368

When will this be available to download on Itunes(US) or another mp3 site?

Hi Electro69, thanks for your question, it will be available to download from next week on the brand new Street Sounds Download Store. It will also be available on iTunes & Amazon Download from next week. The Street Sounds Download Store will be selling both WAVs and MP3s of the tracks.

• STREET SOUNDS 'NU ELECTRO VOL.3' PROMO VIDEO!

You thought Street Sounds were back but now we're really BACK!

Oh yeah, the good times are here again!

[ame='

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    ']
    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/ame]

Thanks for watching :headspin:

'Nu Electro vol.3' features 19 incredible brand new tracks from the greatest Hip Hop / Electro Artists of all time, both Old Skool legends; Captain Rock, Newcleus & The B Boys, Just-Ice & KRS-One & The Egyptian Lover and Nu Electro stars; Brian E, Darxid, Rob Real vs. Illektriss, Reeno feat. JLA, LektroiD feat. Xidus Pain, AJ Beatz, Prototype & Unique, Magnetic Bass Force, Bloco Electro, Fatback 4Way, DJ Xed, N-ter, J-Double, DJ Sonic and Anthony Nuzzo

Get your hands on one of the 500 Limited Edition 2 x 12" Double Album Vinyls and 500 Limited Edition Gold Double CDs, available now via the Street Sounds website:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!