• Just bought a CD from Sounds Of The Universe from this label and it's all European Synth New Wave/Pop from the late 70's/mid 80's.
    Anyone an expert.
    [ame]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/ame]

• They are reediting some of the 80's underground synth bands.

I think that it's a good starting to search all the Flexi-Pop compilations, also the New Wave Complex ones.

have a look here too:
    http://www.mannequinmailorder.com

and well, dive, dive and dive across thousands of blogs! :)

[ame]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/ame]

• Quote from picacoco;48107

They are reediting some of the 80's underground synth bands.

I think that it's a good starting to search all the Flexi-Pop compilations, also the New Wave Complex ones.

have a look here too:
    http://www.mannequinmailorder.com

and well, dive, dive and dive across thousands of blogs! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9Wn4yaBifA

So the comps i have been buying are not the original tunes and are 2010 updates. :-/

• Quote from billy1971;49556

But are they the original tunes.

What do you mean with original? 80's? Or authentic and good music?

I released some 80's stuff (most of my 80's records are sold out)... same goes for Kernkrach, Genetic and WSDP... these three labels deserve the most credits as they did this way before there was this minimal hype... my label started in 2004... still before the actual hype ;)

• Quote from m;49563

What do you mean with original? 80's? Or authentic and good music?

I released some 80's stuff (most of my 80's records are sold out)... same goes for Kernkrach, Genetic and WSDP... these three labels deserve the most credits as they did this way before there was this minimal hype... my label started in 2004... still before the actual hype ;)

I mean were they made in the 1980's and have not been remixed or touched up for today.

• well... I thin k a good re-mastered for vinyl pressing is essential... lousy tape quality on vinyl is something that I am not really interested in...

• Quote from m;49679

well... I thin k a good re-mastered for vinyl pressing is essential... lousy tape quality on vinyl is something that I am not really interested in...

but there are no added touches unless stated as some of the tunes like the one i started with this thread sound like some Big Beat tune from the late 1990's.
    I hate it when someone touches up some tune from the past unless it's only cleaning up.
    Cheers bud for the replys.

• Quote from billy1971;49730

but there are no added touches unless stated as some of the tunes like the one i started with this thread sound like some Big Beat tune from the late 1990's.
    I hate it when someone touches up some tune from the past unless it's only cleaning up.
    Cheers bud for the replys.

I agree... unless it is stated very clearly it is a remix/re-make...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!