The example contact below was used for an artist on a label's roster where the label was acting as the agent for the artist. So [company name] would be the name of the record label or agent, or if the artist is acting for themselves they would insert the artist details. The gig was in a foreign country and so it is important that the artist is looked after while in the foreign country.
On occasion I have adapted this basic contract to reflect different issues that may have been a concern with a particular gig (for instance Ive made sure that the promoter making the booking understands that they are liable for making sure the artist makes it to their flight home and stuff like that). So anyway it gives you an idea and is a good starting point to adapt and make your own contract. But remember to always use correct grammar and english (or whatever language the contract is written in... legalese?) when creating a contract.
Use common sense when using this contract, adapt it to your needs, some things may be specific for this particular case - other clauses might make you think about what you are doing. This is what this info is for, to help you think.
[ header stuff, logo whatever, use your company letter head basically]
[Your contact details]
THIS AGREEMENT is made___(day) of______(month)________(year )
Between: [Artist Name] (hereinafter referred to as the “Artiste”)
of [Artist address]
And: [Promoters name, Their company name] (hereinafter referred to as the “Promoter”)
of [Promoters address]
Whereby the Promoter engages the Artiste(s) and the Artiste(s) accepts the engagement upon the terms set out below
Date: [Date of event ]
Event: [Name of event]
Venue: [Name of venue]
City: [Name of City]
Start Time: [insert start time] End Time: [insert end time]
[INDENT]x1 return flight from Gatwick, London plus all internal travel and transport
x1 hotel room for the duration between arrival and departure.[/INDENT]
To confirm this date the contract must be signed and returned completed with the booking
fee within 10 days
Booking Fee: £xx.xx Failure to do so will result in this date being offered to another party.
Advance: £xx.xx At least 28 days before the performance. Payable to [your campany name], either by International money order or via PayPal.
The outstanding balance to be paid in cash on the night of the performance to the Artiste.
1. The Artiste agrees not to accept bookings from other Parties from the [city of event] and [County/state of event] area in [country of event], up to 30 days prior to the date of the Promoters Event .
2. It is understood that during the Artiste stay, the Promoter will act as booking agent with regard to any other arrangements that may occur with other Parties.
3. The Booking fee is in addition to the Artiste fee and is applicable only to the specified date and venue and is none-refundable.
4. The Promoter shall not announce, advertise or promote the date set out herein until the booking fee has been paid.
5. The Deposit shall only be returned in the case of sickness, injury or other incapacity of the Artiste, which prevents the Artiste from performances hereunder.
6. The Artiste reserves the right to cancel the engagement without prejudice to full payment if the Deposit is not received.
7. It is a condition of this contract that should it not be exchanged within 14 days of issue, and no written objection having been made, the terms verbally agreed shall constitute a binding agreement.
8. This agreement does not otherwise provide for cancellation by either party unless determined by mutual consent. Not less than 28 days prior notice of any such intention must be given in writing by recorded delivery to the address at the top of this contract .
9. The Promoter agrees to provide at no extra cost to the Artiste a quality sound and light system to include:
[INDENT]a) High power undistorted monitor loud speakers, powered by an amplifier with an adjustable level control and within easy reach of the turntables
b) Technics SL1200-SL1210 (or Vestax PDX2000) turntables fitted with Stanton 880 or similar high spec cartridge and stylus .
c) A high quality mixer with crossfader and individual channel EQ and gain. All mixers must have adjustable EQ controls!
d) A Voltage converter for any additional Equipment the Artiste may bring with them.
Compatible with UK Voltage standards.[/INDENT]
10. The Promoter agrees to provide a secure and restricted area for the Artiste and their personal possessions before, during and after their performances.
11. The Promoter agrees to provide adequate refreshments as reasonably required by the Artiste during the event .
12. The Ariste/[company name] assumes no tax liability in any country other than their own and comply with the tax laws of their own country .
13. Further given any unforeseen circumstance preventing the execution of this contract, [company name] bears no direct responsibility or liability, although every safeguard is assured.
[add extra notes here].
Read, agreed & accepted:
Contact number on Day of the event _________________________