Midnight Star live - incredible!

• couldn't believe my eyes!

check out the beginning of freakazoid - IN-CREDIBLE:
    [ame]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/ame]

i just had to watch it at least 5 times in a row when i first found it. :)

or electricity:
    [ame]

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/ame]

• It's just poor disco funk really ::) I was expecting real hard electro beats or something :-/ Sorry lads, not for me this one.
    Appreciate the clip though lj :D

Postcode lottery........you're thick if you deny it exists

• Quote from aitchski2007

It's just poor disco funk really ::) I was expecting real hard electro beats or something :-/ Sorry lads, not for me this one.
    Appreciate the clip though lj :D

Ouccch, poor disco funk..... nooo way. O.K apreciate its not your thing, but you gotta say they are getting down, and know what funk is. Midnight Star sure could do a wicked Electro beat. But this is live all the way. I dont think you could do a drum machine set all through the gig for the same effect. I've seen this clip many times, and are amazed how tight they are.

• Hi Lloyd, soz if that sounded a tad harsh pal. I think what it is that I've heard about this record so many times that upon hearing for the first time tonight it was a real anti climax for me ::)
    I was kinda expecting it to be like Earthshake by Phantoms Of The Beat for some reason. But to me it wouldn't have gone amiss in the top 20 in the 80's on radio 1. Peter Powell playing that, yes I can see it now :D
    But granted mate the crew definitely put on a good visual performance & looked like they were having a damn good time :)
    It was nice to see the old vocoder being used admittedly ;D

• aitchski: i HAVE to defend this as i am a big midnight star fan. ;)
    listen to freak-a-zoid, the lp version. the beat is incredible - you have this BIG groove plus a whole lot of subtle, complex stuff that's going on without you realizing at first ... just listen to it a few times in a row and you will notice some percussion here, some zippy zaps there ... just pure GENIUS.

• respect 2 ya lj ;) I'm the same in defending Kraftwerk :D
    I'll be honest man I know fukk all about Midnight Star. Can you send me some other stuff by them for me to have a lsiten to perhaps? - I'm intrigued now :D

• @aitchski: i like it to get ideologic about music. ;D

two more jams off "no parking ...":
    wet my whistle:
    [ame]

[/ame]

no parking on the dance floor:
    [ame]

[/ame]

then there is the planetary invasion lp ... i just had to post the whole lp, it's SO good:
    [ame]

[/ame]
    [ame]
    [/ame]
    [ame]
    [/ame]
    [ame]
    [/ame]
    [ame]
    [/ame]
    [ame]
    [/ame]
    [ame]
    [/ame]
    [ame]
    [/ame]

here's a later track that i like - snake in the grass:
    [ame]

[/ame]

that's all i know - lloyd, please take over. :D

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!