• ..I think all of you noticed what's goin' on now))

[ame='

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    Groove - Work It [/ame]

[ame='

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    - Electron[/ame]

instra:mental @ semantica

instra:mental - Resolution 653 LP Sampler

..electro is goin' to be a new trend, guys))

• when you mention modern electro tendecy with post above , i notice a huge general problem in "modern electro production" and that's too much dose of "idm" and ambient influences and "neardy 80's style funk" ... what's wrong with you people ?????

assault best defining my vision of electro and instead of ***** replace " this is me"

[YT]Hax6NGNCEhw[/YT]

btw deflikeelvis nice bedtime music :)

btw listened Resolution 653 LP Sampler when i dip isn't advent synthline from new order's remix ep ? electric green track ... ?

• Quote from alavux;51854

i agree it's robotic but it seems that people " previse smaraju" (sorry for serbian dudes but cant find good expression in english) and "electro identity" has been lost when they doing that too much ...

Like everything else, electro is evolving on regular basis. Even new Heliopause has some nice futuristic/different elements but still based on old school. To be honest, good electro is good electro no matter what style it is :blaster:

• idm'ish electro was the first true NEW electro style in the early 90s i think.
    i love it because it has the least stylistic "rules" compared to other Electro substyles.
    but anyway... each to their own. all the different Electro styles will always co-exist.

• I really like these tracks, personally. It's good that producers like Boddika/Istrua:mental are making electro influenced tracks as well as the same old dubstep nonsense (apologies to those who like dubstep lol :P ).

• [sc]

External Content soundcloud.com
    [/sc]

[sc]

External Content soundcloud.com
    [/sc]

• I like this sound, and it is electro to me.

Personally, old school electro is boring to me. There is it and I respect it, but looking backward all the time is too much nostalgic for a genre that IMO represents the word "future".

Anyway, electro is experimental music...so let's make experiments!!!

• Quote from picacoco;51971

looking backward all the time is too much nostalgic for a genre that IMO represents the word "future".

Anyway, electro is experimental music...so let's make experiments!!!

Well said! I like it!

• ..an example from a thread on our local forum (not from the begining of the video))
    [ame=

]
    [/ame]

..should I mention that many dubstep heads grew up on this kind of music & now lookin' for some new sounds in something out of date (imo)) ..a word "trend" is a joke here to be honest but as we already spoke somewhere here "a bit of exposure doesn't hurt the scene at all"

• I recommended both of these releases on City of Bass - it wasn't any surprise to hear the level of dopeness in the production and beats considering these guys were pretty big in the drum n bass scene and then quit, stating there was "nothing left to do with drum n bass" (not a direct quote, I'm paraphrasing)

While I disagree with that sentiment, I love what they're doing with electro - without inflections of new styles and different interpretations of the sound, electro would die. I've stated before many times on the blog that I feel a renewed energy in this scene, and the more "new" heads come into it the better... I hope we never get stuck in the situation that drum n bass found itself back in the late 90s during the tech step era!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!