Debonaire - "Bassed On A Tru Story" EP

• Just arrived... Iconic Debonaire delivers another masterful EP with a style described as modern electro breaks merged with old school tradition. This ensemble, influenced by authentic electro funk, delivers an in your face blast of beats infused with dance floor attitude!

As a bonus this EP also includes an exclusive instrumental version of a Debonaire produced Egyptian Lover track. Available now for immediate download.

Watch the new YouTube video ---> http://www.youtube.com/Debonaire1987

• thanx for the pump guys. Disappointingly the cost to benefit ratio on vinyl pressings has become pityful & no longer a viable option.

distributors have all fallen out in the U.S.
    retail stores are gone
    dj's continue to digitize

Its a losing configuration. Why pursue it & for how much longer?

reality checkin' 1 2 1 2
    :-/

• Its a right shame as this ep is truely worthy of a vinyl release but Deb is right the only way to do it really would be vinyl made to order like templeplate do :-/

• Quote from B-T-T-B;53255

Yes man...that`s horrible

Agreed.

I've been on the frontline & i can assure you that vinyl is at best an expensive calling card for gigs. With each passing day there is less interest in vinyl and I alone cant change that.

Does anyone find it a sensible business decision to press vinyl for a loss?

I've been on the frontline & i can assure you that vinyl is at best an expensive calling card for gigs. With each passing day there is less interest in vinyl and I alone cant change that.

Does anyone find it a sensible business decision to press vinyl for a loss?

How much should be a vinyl at this time that it`s affordable?

My opinion to download releases: When I download tracks I don`t want it compressed like mp3. So If I pay for it I want full quality of the tracks. It can be wave or flac. I think the most people who download music have broadband. For me the size isn`t a reason.

• Quote from debonaire;53158

thanx for the pump guys. Disappointingly the cost to benefit ratio on vinyl pressings has become pityful & no longer a viable option.

distributors have all fallen out in the U.S.
    retail stores are gone
    dj's continue to digitize

Its a losing configuration. Why pursue it & for how much longer?

reality checkin' 1 2 1 2
    :-/

i only collect old school on vinyl, i'd rather buy new school as wav file for use with my traktor duo, i still use the vinyl timecode - hate cd jocking, i'll check this out 2moro, need some new tuneage... :)

• Don't miss the unmissable :) Here's the review:

Debonaire - Bassed On A Tru Story - Debonaire Records DL Deb-020
    "To steal samples from one record is plagiarism. To steal from many is research" (Debonaire).

Following his "Execute: Self Extraction" album published in 2010, scientist and electro pioneer Debonaire returns to Bass to deliver a copious 5 tracker pack, full of samples and references not really stolen but rather put together to highlight each others. Available as digital, this off the chain new release is a magnificent crossover between past and future, bringing back the early Miami Bass style to merge it with much anticipating music which is one of the proper qualities of Debonaire's inspiring sound: always going forward with cutting edge and innovative airwaves but without never forgetting the roots. Reducing the boundaries between Electro Funk and Techno Bass, Bots (for "Bassed On A Tru Story") is no different to the previous outputs on Debonaire Records, creating here a classic, yet futuristic cocktail of Miami Bass with little West Coast flavor.

Feverish fusion of synthetic tones over some furious 808 programming, hot "Rock The Funky Beats" opens the release. Delivering a real state of the art stormer, the main song off the pack is a bass heavy dancefloor slaughter with deep and timeless pads, enhanced by a heading rap style voice just like in the early dayz of electro, some outstanding lasergun and scratches effects in the background. Funky, dancefloor, this irresistible gem with samples taken from Pretty Tony's "Jam The Box" quickly turns into an instant classic anthem. Ace!

Next up is "16 Little Buttons". Sounding like an ode to the 808, this cut based upon devastating beats, vocodered lyrics and Middle East melodies is to bring closer to Dynamix II "Bass Generator" as the first notes drop while "When I'm On The Block", the third track of the EP, shows the Miami legend in a nostalgic mood. Mixture of hip hop lyrics and harsh kick, this retro tune reminds of Cybotron's "Clear" melt with Man Parrish's "Hip Hop Be Bop". Top notch!!

Cosmic "Mars" is another milestone of a track. Venturing into deeper synthetic melodies, this fast paced jam offers a wild trip through space thanks to a bubbling bassline merged with luminous, rollin' yet intriguing synths. Definitively a magnificent hit and one of my favorites, sounding like an echo to Dynamik Bass Systems's "Invasion Of Mars".

Finally, as a bonus, "Don't Wanna Get Down (Redemption Beats)" concludes in apotheosis the EP with an instrumental reworked version of the eponymous hit written along with Egyptian Lover and published on Street Sounds Nu Electro Vol.2 compilation in 2009. Slowing down the tempo, this unreleased mix serves up some superb old schoolish melodies while retaining the main components of the original such like the drums, as well as the pads and arrangements. Debonaire at the top of his art. His new digital outing is an orchestral orgy of Electrobotic Bass that will tear your speakers apart, brainwashing your mind while terminating your body in some poppin, jumping and moving figures on the dancefloor. Vital!

Digital, electro
    http://www.debonairerecords.com

• Just bought it, 5 tracks for under £2.50 as a digital download.... ;D

I actually mix breaks by artists like Deekline and Wizard, Aquasky, Freestylers, Sporty-O, DJ Assault, Stanton Warriors etc but also try my best to squeeze in some 100% Electro Funk/Bass artists, Debonaire & Dynamix II are 2 of the artists already making their way into my style... :cylon:

PS Deb, nice site and very easy purchase procedure... ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!