Street Sounds / UK Fresh Reunion / 16th July 2011

• STREET SOUNDS / UK FRESH REUNION - FEBRUARY 2011!

The ‘Street Sounds / UK Fresh Reunion’ will be held in London in February 2011! Get involved and have your say on everything to do with the event, from choosing which artists & DJs perform to your suggestions and ideas.

If you ever bought a Street Sounds album or were one of the 15,000 Electro fans who managed to get a ticket to UK Fresh ’86…THEN THIS IS FOR YOU AND WILL BE THE PARTY OF THE DECADE!

This will be the first and only Official Street Sounds event ever to be held in 25 years and I’d love to see you there! We are in the process of booking the artists but must first be sure that this event will be supported by you the Street Sounds ‘loyal’. The size of the venue and final line-up will be dependent on how many people actually commit to coming.

Either email admin@streetsoundsmusic.co.uk to request the full Questionnaire or share your answers to the 4 questions below as a reply to this post.

Q1. Are you interested in attending the Street Sounds / UK Fresh Reunion?
    (Please note this does not bind you to purchasing a ticket, we are trying to establish the level of interest which will ultimately determine the size of the venue, line-up etc).

Q2. Which DJs and artists would you like to see performing on the day?

Q3. We will be staging B-boying and Graffiti Exhibitions and have also had requests for an area complete with lino for those attending the event. What other requests, ideas do you have for the event?

Q4. We will be having different areas/rooms for the different genres Street Sounds represents, including Electro/Hip Hop, Soul/R&B, House/Dance…Which genre(s) are you most interested in?

Your answers to these and the rest of the questions will help us immensely in making this Street Sounds / UK Fresh Reunion, Club Night, one that will be remembered for many years to come so I would very much appreciate you emailing admin@streetsoundsmusic.co.uk to request the full questionnaire.

Your continuous support is what makes Street Sounds successful to this day. You are an essential part of our future. Thank you for being there and for all of your love.

Respect & love,

Morgan

• seems nobody else is gonna reply to this. So maybe there is some confusion as to what this event is actually going to be. Same with the previously announced ELECTRO AWARDS.

If some guests are announced then this would ofcourse generate more interest. Because at the moment this is like announcing a rock concert yet not announcing any specific bands....
    An old skool electro event must have old skool artists as performers...without them it is nothing more than an electro disco...

so... lets see a poster ad with such names as

UNKNOWN DJ
    EGYPTIAN LOVER
    NEWCLEUS
    THE B BOYS
    MC CHILL
    CAPTAIN ROCK
    LONZO
    CHRIS THE GLOVE
    DJ CHEESE

ETC ETC...

all are still alive and are on myspace,

then an idea of the ticket price then its a sure winner...

p.s...Under no circumstances invite a sprinkling of z-list reality tv morons and stripper goth chicks just to get some photo in some rat magazines ;)

• Hi LiveWire,

Thanks for your list of artists... the whole point of the Questionnaire is for this very purpose, we want to give people a say and listen to their views and suggestions for the event.

Please keep the questionnaires coming in, each one is valuable! Have you submitted a full questionnaire LiveWire? Please email admin@streetsoundsmusic.co.uk if you haven't received one and I'll send you one.

As previously stated, the line up and venue will depend on the level of support and interest from our fans.

From the previous questionnaire a few months ago, the Electro Awards just didn't capture the imagination of our fans like the Street Sounds / UK Fresh '86 Reunion has. People were only really interested in the artist performances and exhibitions and felt that sitting through an Awards Ceremony would be really boring. We have therefore listened to our fans views.

Of course the Electro Awards is always a possibility for the future.

• Thats dissapointing to hear about the award ceremony. This would of been something truely amazing.Think about it...the amount of old skool faces that would of had to be of been there would of been huge!! As someone who has not collected electro vinyls in some 20 years now it baffles me why i seem to be the only one interested in these events ..... strange indeed.
    il email for a questionaire. just to be able to see some of these obscure electro artists from years ago would be enough ...anything else would be a bonus. hope it happens anyway.

• The main question i think most people want to know is.

Which old skool electro artists will be there?

If this can be answered then maybe the interest will grow.

• According to the Streetsounds newsletter they are in talks with some suggested names from all the questionaires.

So im curious to know who got the most votes.

Thing is, so many old electro artists will be unable to actually perform a live set.
    (please NO playback or some DJ acting like a total retard just stood there pushin the record back and fourth "top of the pops" style.)
    This when thinking of acts id like to see perform was the most difficult to answer.So to make it easier...these are the folk id actually like to see, weather they perform or just do some spoken word about the old skool scene etc makes no difference. so here goes.

UNKNOWN DJ
    LONZO WILLIAMS
    EGYPTIAN LOVER
    CHRIS THE GLOVE TAYLOR
    THE KNIGHTS OF THE TURNTABLES
    THA SWAMI
    HASHIM
    RODNEY O AND JOE COOLEY
    THE B BOYS
    ARABIAN PRINCE
    MAGGOTRON
    DEBONAIRE
    THE X-MEN!! (oh fuck!! can you imagine!! .. not so impossible though, just two guys some samplers etc...
    UTFO
    TLA ROCK
    JUST-ICE
    COLD CRUSH
    MELLE MEL /FLASH

Who has everyopne else suggested?

• i think the main reason why people havent bothered with this thread as it will prob never happen, too much has happened in the last few months with bitching and back stabbing etc streetsounds took the huff when someone questioned the validity of the chart and has since stopped airing the chart on global funk radio, and it was gfr that helped people to hear the music which helped streetsounds sell the albums but since theres no chart and no promotion of trax as much as it was i cant see streetsounds managing to release another album which is sad as the first 3 were good, :)

• Street Sounds / UK Fresh Reunion NEWSLETTER COPY/PASTE

Planning for the Street Sounds / UK Fresh Reunion is now in full swing! We can already announce that two of the artists that will be performing are Newcleus and Captain Rock (subject to contract), both being voted for by almost everybody in the recent questionnaire.

We are also in discussion with three incredible London venues and will be able to announce very shortly where and when. This event will be the hottest ticket in town and will be an absolute roadblock and guaranteed sell-out!

We plan to have a main Electro/Hip Hop room which will feature live performances from some of the greatest Electro legends of all time and incredible DJ sets spinning and scratching all of your favourite Electro/Hip Hop classics from 1983 to today. We will also have another room with DJs playing various other genres that Street Sounds are renowned for from Soul/R&B to Dance/House.

As if that isn’t enough, there will also be a Street Sounds Exhibition, Graffiti Exhibition and Breakdance/Bboying Exhibition as well as DJ battles and Bboy battles.

There will also be a special area for you to show off your Bboying skills and a ‘Street Sounds Wall Of Fame’ for you to put up photos of yourself then, now or both.

• Just stumbled across this site...

Is there any confirmation that this is actually happening ??

UK Fresh '86 on electro13 is still my favourite album of all time, so, to get a lot of these heads across the pond for this event for a 25year reunion would be a dream come true.. I was only 12 in '86..... not really old enough to attend the original.... this time it's a different story.

Word.

http://www.flickr.com/SHYE131

• I'd imagine that 25 years after the original event would make it very hard to get so many acts together at the same time as music probably is not their priority any longer, so chill out.

• Thing is..this forum is the biggest electro forum on the net right? Yet such a major electro event as this has almost zero response.This thread itself has some 14 posts half of which are mine bumping it so that it wont vanish.
    i want this event to happen and will be there if it does, i missed Fresh 86 due to being only 13 at the time so i am not going to miss this one.

• Hi Guys n gals,

Just had to respond here. I seem to remember Morgan running a similar event in 2003/4. Me and Greg Wilson were both asked by Morgan to help set up a big reunion event. I spent a lot of time, money etc pulling together my team - a full film crew including USA based team for the filming. Both Greg and i worked with Morgan to promote - Mr K then pulled the plug - owing a lotta cash to people that pre-ordered tickets.
    In fact MK ended up on BBC Watchdog because of this.

Now I am not saying that this will not go ahead, but I question the validity of the event.

I hope its a success. Enjoy.

And Morgan - drop me a line. Time to answer my calls brother!

Love n peace

Marc C

BTW - Eclectic Electric 2000AD launches this year - keep you eyes open.

• Quote from Guerrilla;51339

Hi Guys n gals,

Just had to respond here. I seem to remember Morgan running a similar event in 2003/4. Me and Greg Wilson were both asked by Morgan to help set up a big reunion event. I spent a lot of time, money etc pulling together my team - a full film crew including USA based team for the filming. Both Greg and i worked with Morgan to promote - Mr K then pulled the plug - owing a lotta cash to people that pre-ordered tickets.
    In fact MK ended up on BBC Watchdog because of this.

Now I am not saying that this will not go ahead, but I question the validity of the event.

Mmmm was it 2003 or 2004? as you havn't been that clear on the year etc.. ????????????

• Im also very sceptical about this event seen as only NEWCLEUS and CAPTAIN ROCK have been announced as performers.
    Both will ofcourse be great to see, but come on... wheres, Egyptian Lover? Unknown?
    The B Boys etc etc..

ill hang on till captain rock updates his facebook status to " just landed my dipship in the UK for the Electro Reunion" 8) before heading to london.

• Quote from Mixmaster_Mirage;51371

Mmmm was it 2003 or 2004? as you havn't been that clear on the year etc.. i've also searched the BBCs Watchdog archives and emailed them directly and they have no records of Morgan ever being investigated by them.

Please post evidence of this in order to back up the Watchdog claim as it's the first i've ever heard about it,and i'm very interested in what you have said regarding the matter.

Peace

N

Thanks for response

Trust me, I sat in Morgan's office and we discussed the requirements, I worked out the film crew, Greg W was arranging to DJ the after party, I had people standing by to travel with artists from US, I had full film crew waiting. The artists never got contracts, people paid for tickets in advance and Mr K pulled the plug. We never received any payment or contact after that.

A few months later he WAS on Watchdog being asked about refunds.

I got no beef with Morgan - trust me on this. I'm just saying approach with caution.

I hope it all happens and is a success...

lets just say - I warned you.

Peace and love

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!