Street Sounds / UK Fresh Reunion / 16th July 2011

• Well.

Despite some of the criticism aimed at Morgan Khan and Streetsounds the event went ahead, and all who were involved in putting the show together should be commended on their hardwork and the effort it undoubtedly took to make this thing happen.

I hope that the event was succesful in the right terms to perhaps see another, similarly themed one soon.

And it was great to finally meet Leeroy and Hec G - two of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet.

155 :)

Never to the left of a yoga mat!

• [ame]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/ame] Newcleus.

[ame]

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/ame] apparently this is a Reenos cover version. ???

from this i can see something missing.. and its called ENERGY.

• [ame]

[/ame] This however is more like it. THE B BOYS.

• [ame]

[/ame]

Was very curious how they would pull off this without Chilly B. To their credit, this is done well.
    who was the other members?

• "what do all these have in common u ask?"

a slow, cynical churning of manufactured hype that music has never witnessed...but i'm still smiling ;D

• Quote from debonaire;54737

"what do all these have in common u ask?"

a slow, cynical churning of manufactured hype that music has never witnessed...but i'm still smiling ;D

Ultimately history will be the judge of the relative merit of each artist. Arguably 'Streetsounds' has nothing to prove, having already 'been there and done that'.

155 ;) :)

• Quote from 155;54739

Ultimately history will be the judge of the relative merit of each artist. Arguably 'Streetsounds' has nothing to prove, having already 'been there and done that'.

155 ;) :)

Mo Sean-

sadly it was less fresh , wild , fly and bold .... more frumpy , boozy,mild and bald!!! ..... a sad shadow of former glories!!! :uglycomfort:

• Quote from The Riddler;54741

Mo Sean-

sadly it was less fresh , wild , fly and bold .... more frumpy , boozy,mild and bald!!! ..... a sad shadow of former glories!!! :uglycomfort:

Were you actually there Riddler?

• Really seems like bad vibes all round...
    Strange for a scene that is all about PEACE-LOVE-UNITY and HAVIN FUN...

In the hundreds of death/black metal gigs,all nighters ive attended ive never experienced this. ive always ended up laughing my ass off,everyone being cool and felt sheer magic on countless occasions... And its supposed to be the Devils music?

The world really is upside down ,back to front, inside out and spining in reverse...

im even more confused than before! LOL!! ;)

• Quote from LiveWire;54744

Really seems like bad vibes all round...
    Strange for a scene that is all about PEACE-LOVE-UNITY and HAVIN FUN...

In the hundreds of death/black metal gigs,all nighters ive attended ive never experienced this. ive always ended up laughing my ass off,everyone being cool and felt sheer magic on countless occasions... And its supposed to be the Devils music?

The world really is upside down ,back to front, inside out and spining in reverse...

im even more confused than before! LOL!! ;)

The only bad vibes here are the ones that we choose to make ourselves.

155 ;)

• Quote from (account closed on request);21273

I too like other forms of music,indeed the scene ive been involved in the last 20 years is as far removed from electro as you can get....but still i cannot forgive the house music culture for attempting to suffocate electro and almost succeeding in killing it.
    the likes of DAVE PEARCE should be put on trial for acts of sheer treason.

My post from over 2 years ago.

• Quote from The Riddler;54747

Mo Sean-

last night was just unhealthy from the overpriced ticket to the overpriced beers!!! Not much imagination went into the set up (multiple rooms-multiple activities!?er no)-hip hop is not a spectator sport! Apart from Captain Rock the rest of the acts were poor to say the least !! ( I love Nucleus but even i had to leave before their shame became any worse! and Dave Pierce? -not exactly an ambassador of style!!(even Arther Baker was taking the piss out of him!!) as for the die-hard Hip hop (now bald and slightly fatter) heads there .... well... try to Live hIp Hop and not just revive the memory every once and a while!! :uglyclap:

Let us look at your points.

1) Over-priced tickets? I don't think so given the likely costs of bringing artists over from the US to play in the UK, and the chances to see these artists in the flesh (in the UK) are likely to become fewer and fewer as the years pass by. Furthermore the price wasn't that much more than what I have paid in recent months to see single artists perform.

2) Multiple rooms - not sure about that - up until I left the main room and foyer room had music but there wasn't really anything else happening upstairs (which was probably for the best).

3) The acts were poor? I don't agree - and given the number of 'phones in the front row filming and catching history I'm not certain I agree with that either.

4) Try and 'live Hip Hop?' My impression was that whilst there may have been a few issues most people were enjoying themselves sharing in the communal experience, and just being able to hear some of the tunes they remembered being played on a big sound system and being part of something. One of the noticeable things was how varied the crowd was - and how young many of the dancers were - good to see that the flame has been passed on.

As regards the beer prices - sorry but this was in central London, and it IS expensive. That is (unfortunately) a fact of life in London. Not great, but there isn't much that can be done. But given the fact that this has been advertised for a while it isn't as if folks haven't had a chance to prepare for it?

155 :)

• Quote from LiveWire;54750

My post from over 2 years ago.

So now you are blaming Dave P for the apparent demise of what? Hip Hop? Electro?

Is he that powerful?!!!! I never knew!!!

155 :o

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!