Posts by xCHIPxSEM

You're the best. Thank you

Hey everyone
    been a while since Ive posted...busy with work and whatnot. Anything new come out lately that I should check out? Preferably in the 80s electric funk vein (Freestyle, Pretty Tony, etc). Any suggestions would be appreciated

Did this last night and its 90 minutes of Miami Bass/Electric Funk featuring all South Florida artists (except for Wink D, I forgot he was from Texas even though he was on Skyywalker Records), all beat mixed on one continuous MP3. So much of the Miami Bass sound was influenced (and sampled) from Electric Funk, I felt this worked together. Almost everything is from the 80s with a few newer tracks thrown in there as well. Came out good for the most part...check it out and pretend its 1991.

Tracklisting is as follows:

1. J.D.C. - Jealous Girls
    2. Freestyle - Don't Stop The Rock
    3. Bass Patrol - Rock This Planet
    4. Pretty Tony - Get Some
    5. Poison Clan - Dance All Night
    6. Wink D feat. Candy Fresh
    7. Maggotron Crushing Crew - Miami Bass Express
    8. Breezy Beat MC - Shake The Joint
    9. 2 Live Crew - Cmon Babe
    10. Freestyle - The Party Has Just Begun
    11. The Megatrons - Rock The Planet
    12. Tony MF Rock - She Put Me In A Trance
    13. Renard With No Regard - How Hard Can You Throw It?
    14. Gucci Crew II - Sally That Girl
    15. Freestyle - Invade The Party
    16. Tricky D - Take It To The Max
    17. 2 Live Crew - Me So Horny
    18. Maggotron Crushing Crew - Miami's Rockin' Baby
    19. Prep MC's - Your Love
    20. Bass Patrol - Don't Stop Rocking
    21. Eric G and the Juice Troop - Something For My DJ
    22. Jock D - Party Time
    23. Get It Boyz - Shake Yo Booty
    24. Half Pint - Stomp n Grind
    25. MC Shy D - Shake It
    26. DJ Laz - Journey Into Bass
    27. Le Juan Love - Everybody Say Yeah

http://www.mediafire.com/?m8ndvww0we1p3ze

I uploaded it as a Zip file so you'll need either Winzip or Winrar to extract the file

Quote from elektroakust.;48294

yes, only these songs.
    (the two 12"s have extended versions of all 3 tracks)
    they are working on a new project. hope it will be released soon.

Great. Thanks for the heads up :)

Ive been trying to figure this out. Forward to the :58 second mark. Its a sample in the background. It plays from :58 - 1:11. It sounds like a synthesizer...I just cant figure out what song this was sampled from. Any help please?

[ame]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/ame]

Im an old school electo funk guy so Im going with a tie between Maggotron and Debonaire. I liked the last Maggotron single (Mission Electro) but Debonaire's solo work and his production on Freestyle's "Invade the Party" are where its at for me...but Maggotron's older material has so many classics

Its the second song that's played, the one after Fearsome Foursome "Miami Jam On It". It starts at about 2:27.
    Sorry for my lack of posts lately, I got married this past weekend and am currently on my honeymoon. Hope everyone is well

[ame]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/ame]

For some reason, the video isnt showing up on my end. In the youtube search, type DJ Toughlife Party Mix 9