Quote from lj;64812Display More
might be purely coincidental:
- trans europe express is the only danceable tune on the whole album (well, maybe except for metal on metal, but that's just a kind of TEE bonus beats). the other tunes have a "krauty", non-funky vibe.
- as the story goes, kraftwerk went over to the duesseldorf train station the night before recording TEE.
- the beat is a direct translation of a train sound, right down to the syncopation.
- so foremost it would be an "industrial" record (in terms of emulating real-life sounds and turning them into beat/music).
- so maybe it is a coincidence that it came out that funky?
imo they didn't start deliberately making danceable music until computerworld.
Except that they found that the train syncopation "was not danceable" and they altered it to make it so.