Posts by defcreator

here a mix/track i did recently going back to my roots

[sc]

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/sc]

Trap is not really electro hiphop imo as you don't hear scratching like the old 2-Live Crew records and it sounds too commercial...back in the days we had Hip-House..neither was it pure house, neither pure hiphop.

DJ Craze and such love playing it at paties but im not really feeling it..as if current music lost its soul

But i know what you mean and it's 808 drums most of the time (prob software kits)

Quote from Breakmixer;70461

+0.5(almost +1 ;D ), also Shannon - Let The Music Play, Freeez - IOU, Paul Hardcastle - 19 topped the charts, all being true Electro. Not much real hip hop electro broke the charts though, the closest probably being Macolm Mclaren and the World Famous Supreme Team - Buffalo Gals back in 82/83 and as you say Rockit. The hip hop electro sound was more underground even then(Street Sounds/Tommy Boy etc), Electro crossed over in it's more commercial forms though(Axel F etc).

the point is when i listened to radio back then there was a fairly good chance of hearing electro rap, that's cause we had a lot pirate stations over here..now the electro rap scene doesnt exist anymore on air..either its underground boombap style rap or commercial club rap.

I know about GFR but thats an internet station mostly playing old skool, not the same as taking a boombox on the streets and listening to to latest jams that came out that week on FM

probably the last true rap electro hit i can remember is Sir Mix A Lot "Baby got Back"..Whoomp There it is was also a big hit but thats called Booty Bass..but the 90s overall was the decade of Boombap.

Quote from Chuki;70182

+1 Nowadays the electro scene it´s really bigger than 80´s years.

thats not true, back in the 80s a true electro track by the name of "Rock it" topped the wordwide charts, everybody was talking about scratching and most kids (like myself) were breakdancing to the numerous electro jams that many radio stations were playing.

Today the true electro scene is very underground, you dont hear true electro on mainstream radio or tv, where in the 80s you heard true electro all over the place. Planet Rock was the best selling 12inch in 83. Planet Rock opened the doors for many Miami Bass pioneers.

If you talk about current electro house etc being popular then you dont talk about true electro..thats just a subgenre of house wich im not into. Its just not the same and never will be.

real talk

the Dynamic Bass System "The Mighty Machine" is a cool album..every track is proper electro with an old skool feel..double lp well worth buying

[ame]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/ame]

Back in the 80s the electro that came out often had original MCs and DJ cutting shit up througout the song.

Today that is LACKING big time, how many DJs tear shit up in the "new-electro"? Why is everything so structered nowadays? It's called "electro funk" but where is da real funk?

The Egytian Lover once said "What is a DJ if he can't scratch" But the guy never cuts on records, maybe does a bit with Hashim live but thats about it.

Lets not forget the "active" DJ that supposed to be a part of the so called electro funk wich is my point of this thread.

Where da f is da DJ in electro nowadays?????

[ame]

[/ame]

Hey my name is DJ Jeff AKA defcreator and i have been making records since the early 90s mainly boombap hiphop DJ related, prob my best know track is "Change the Scratch" on Return of the DJ vol.2 ..but my roots are in the early 80s, the electro years, too young to understand what was going on back then so at a later age i started getting more interested in the roots of hiphop..right now im collecting records that i missed buying as a kid..i prob have about 500 records now mainly funk and electro from 1981-1984...those years are the best years for me personally..thats when hiphop was at its peak..from there on we all know what happened to the culture..i will never forget the true era of hiphop! Peace!

1 We Come to Rock - Imperial Brothers
    2 Reckless - Ice T
    3 BBoys Breakdance - High Fidelity 3
    4 Unknown DJ - Beatronik
    5 Egyptian Lover - Egypt
    6 Chris the Glove - Ichiban Scratch
    7 Hashim - Aal Nafyish
    8 The BBoys - 2,3 break
    9 DJ Chuck Chillout - Hiphop on Wax Vol.1
    10 Arthur Baker - Breakers Revenge

i actually prefer making a top 100 as many records belong in the top 10 who ui didnt mention

Hey im new here from Amsterdam and im posting a couple of my vids

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]