Street Sounds / UK Fresh Reunion / 16th July 2011

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• repo136.blogspot.com/2011/07/s…resh-2011-review-how.html

Heres a review of the event. Its the last few lines that people should now focus on i think.
    ------------
    Lastly, there are whispers of a Street Sounds event being held every year.
    And there are rumours of acts such as DJ Cheese, MC Chill, T LA Rock, The Aleems, Knights Of The Turntables, MC Spyder D, MC Shan and Davy DMX who are ready and willing to come and perform in London
  • thisdeadplanet;54972 wrote:

Yes it was pricey for what it was.
    Yes we were waiting for legends to be added to the line-up but this came up a bit short.

BUT

It was a night on a scale to get the old boys back in a room from all over and have a laugh.
    and Yes it was a great night simply due to the respectful and wicked atmosphere.
    Yes although it was a short set Captain Rock was amazing.
    Yes I met some old faces and caught up with good friends.
    Yes I got drunk and had a cracking night.
    AND
    Yes to the general music community everyone had fun with no real gripes.

The only thing that wasn't good was the sound system, especially the live PA, sorry Cos but the quality of the sound did your set no favours.

So I'm thinking if anyone does have a problem with MK they should just take if offline and deal with it personally and put it to bed once and for all.

As, as far as I'm concerned he's probably responsible for getting the music to so many people through streetsounds that, that deserves props...

You got that spot on mate ;)

on the subject of recieving threats i recieved an abusive pm from a certain DJ lastnight too,which is out of order,like someone quoted earlier if you cant take the stick stop winding people up and grow up,everyone has a bit of banter but you always take it the wrong way.
  • LiveWire;54990 wrote:

repo136.blogspot.com/2011/07/s…resh-2011-review-how.html

Heres a review of the event. Its the last few lines that people should now focus on i think.
    ------------
    Lastly, there are whispers of a Street Sounds event being held every year.
    And there are rumours of acts such as DJ Cheese, MC Chill, T LA Rock, The Aleems, Knights Of The Turntables, MC Spyder D, MC Shan and Davy DMX who are ready and willing to come and perform in London

A once a year event would be good thing. Im sure there is a market for it and as far as im aware there is nothing catering for the old school heads with all the original artists?
  • Xband2;54992 wrote:

A once a year event would be good thing. Im sure there is a market for it and as far as im aware there is nothing catering for the old school heads with all the original artists?

I would only attend if the acts had a good sound system to work with, i'm not bothered about graffitti or breakers etc, just some good MC's and DJ's doing their thing.
  • Xband2;54992 wrote:

I would only attend if the acts had a good sound system to work with, i'm not bothered about graffitti or breakers etc, just some good MC's and DJ's doing their thing.
  • We knew right from the sound check that our sound would be awful. There was nothing that these guys could do to get the sound right. They explained to us that they were used to doing rock bands with singers that screamed. Then, after sound check they disconnected our equipment which defeats the entire purpose of a sound check altogether. So, not only was the sound awful, but I had to reset all of my gear onstage while the crowd waited.

But... the crowd was LIVE!!! That was the only thing that kept us bringin it.
  • waxer;54796 wrote:

Alright lads I just thought I'd say summat. I went on Saturday as a fan, pure and simple. I met the person who was responsible for the sound track to my youth, Morgan Khan. I met Captain Rock. Did you read what I just wrote? I MET CAPTAIN ROCK!!!! I saw Arthur Baker onstage. I don't care about who did what with production credits and all that, as far as I'm concerned, 2 of the biggest records and most influential records in my life, Breakers revenge & Planet Rock had him involved. And Newcleus? JAM ON IT? I repeat.. JAM ON IT LIVE IN FRONT OF MY EYES!!!!

I'm not really in this forum much, in fact I'm hardly ever here, no reason other than not enough time to go round. I had a real laugh and met loads of people with like minds & some people I'd known from other forums & online, plus I was with a great crowd of people.

All I gotta say is big respect to everyone I met, you won't hear any negativity from me! Props to anyone off EE that was there. See ya!

Now thats a proppa post, nice 1 waxer

I wish i could of been there to meet Capt rock & Arthur Baker .. most of all i would of liked to meet Coz, such a nice guy (which is what this thread is missing) ::)
  • LiveWire;54997 wrote:

then... i just saw this posted under CAptain Rock's video on youtube. So it seems like the Aleems are also arseholes too.

"the plan was for dj mirage to dj for the capt but he pulled out at the last sec so one of the n.i posse djd for him ron sang over his new tune because the aleems wouldnt give him the instramental version so it was a last min thing its a shame ..The aleem in the end refused to leave there hotel in london because they wanted the top spot and just acted like spoilt kids,dst couldnt get over because his visa got refused but streetsounds has lernt from this"
    richiemkk 3 days ago

I can assure you that this is actually complete and utter 100% bollocks.
    This 'story' has already been brought up on one of the FB groups.
    The fact is the Aleem brothers weren't even in the country at any stage.
    Ageing B-Boys Unite! blog for all your nostalgic old school needs!
  • exzakt;54964 wrote:

I'm not dissing the old school my friend. I'm dissing that crap that MK is putting out on his new comps and calling "Nu Electro"...... And then totally slagging on greatly talented respected artists that are current. Ask the million artists MK told "Mate your music sounds like a 16 bar loop of the same shit. Put some rapping on it or something."

I have always had and always will respect the old school. Thats not even where I was getting at.

People hanging on to SS and ANYTHING they do is gold while dissing out anything new is rubish.

And guess what when MK & SS fuck over countless amounts of people and robbed them of their art your going to have loads of shit like this. People are going to speak out.

I have no hate. I dont really give a fuck about MK or SS. People asked me to speak up and I have the bullocks to do so unlike alot of others.

There are 40 + artists I can name off the top of my head that have been fucked by this Scam Sounds.

Delete my posts for all I give a shit. And a reunion event is cool. Glad it went over good for the punters.

As for MK fucking over and treating the Electro Scene as a whole like shit! He came in the scene and disrespected the fuck out of it. Even the old schoolers! Just ask loads of them that ran out the door.

i do not know what go's on behind the scene's or contracts that are spilled out. but the crowd i met were OG's from back in the day. and they were a top bunch. i think the reason why people got pissed off with the comments that have been made because it kinda spoils what was a great nite for us OG's. freedom of speech eh! every one in the hip hop scene as to get involved and put out more nu and old electro, but if the electro is turning house the older gen will not support. if any one has got a great idea for a old skool and nu skool hip hop nite i'm down 100% but we need to be on it as collective. peace at ya no beef!!
  • Cozmo D;54996 wrote:

We knew right from the sound check that our sound would be awful. There was nothing that these guys could do to get the sound right. They explained to us that they were used to doing rock bands with singers that screamed. Then, after sound check they disconnected our equipment which defeats the entire purpose of a sound check altogether. So, not only was the sound awful, but I had to reset all of my gear onstage while the crowd waited.

But... the crowd was LIVE!!! That was the only thing that kept us bringin it.

and i filmed the whole thing it was top coz it felt real to the people. you did'nt blow your cool or run off stage you kept it going. thats hip hop peace!
  • obviously a youtube troll.. where do people get these stories from?? "yeah y know my mate heard this guy say that...bla bla bla"... total morons.

This however.... i gotta bite my tongue on this one . its both annoying and disgusting.

Gaynor Williams
    I would just like to know why somebody like myself, who causes no trouble and had a backstage pass, was just turned away by some bouncer at the door. I travelled all the way from Wales, 6 hours on train at the cost of £130.40 for myself and bruv in law who are both on benefits and we had been looking forward to this for months! We hardly ever have a night out cos of the expense. I think I deserve not only money back for tickets, but train fare as well. Oh and PS, we slept on streets for night cos some of us can't afford London hotel prices!!! So yeah, great night out thanks.
    18 hours ago

Donald D Bronx wow sorry you had this problem....maybe we will get a future show in wales so you wont have to travel
    17 hours ago
    Gaynor Williams cheers mate! hopefully yeah!
    17 hours ago
    Ben Cozmo D Cenac Wow sorry to hear this Gaynor! I was really looking forward to meeting you! What reason did they give for turning you away?
    17 hours ago

-----------
  • my last word on this matter is this.... i went also as a fan on saturday and was promised a vip pass, i didnt want anything for free as i already bought my ticket and paid my own flights etc all i wanted was a chance to meet and get my pic taken with the stars who id admired since my childhood, but we were refused such passes by morgan on the night even tho they were left for us, for what reason i dont know as we all at global funk radio had done a lot to promote streetsounds in the past esp leeroy who did get a pass and tkt which was deserved, but he did get refused backstage when he tried to meet the stars, it wasnt as tho he wanted to take root there but just a quick hello, smile say cheese, but luckily enough they went in the bar so i got to meet them anyway and i still had a great night, just wish i could have got a drink with cozmo d and a good pic but ill get my day lol. all the artists were friendly and not stuck up or anything which is good as some are not approachable when it comes to fans. but all in all it was a good night and everyone was having a ball maybe the nostalgia or the meet up of people alike who knows, but that was my only complaint i just thought a thank you would have been nice as i would have said a huge thank you in return.
    Bass 'n' Buzz blog/podcast link, come follow me @ bassnbuzz.blogspot.com/
    Bass 'n' Buzz
    Tuesdays live from 7pm til 9pm (gmt)
    globalfunkradio.com
  • Quoted from here

You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material that is
    abusive, defamatory, obscene, threatening or likely to offend either individuals or groups.
    Debate and argument are encouraged within these parameters.

Once again a topic thats gone over the top, whats up with the moderators and admin letting something like this go on for so long! 95% of the post should be deleted if you want to flame someone then do it privately.

@ Coz

I was in the gfr chat the friday night before the event telling everyone to enjoy their night but also told them what I had just heard about the scala sound system ...how bad it was so you have no artist have to apologise on how bad they sounded....just the scala needs to do something about their wack system.
  • Jimmy Smithson;55009 wrote:

Quoted from here

Once again a topic thats gone over the top, whats up with the moderators and admin letting something like this go on for so long! 95% of the post should be deleted if you want to flame someone then do it privately.

@ Coz

I was in the gfr chat the friday night before the event telling everyone to enjoy their night but also told them what I had just heard about the scala sound system ...how bad it was so you have no artist have to apologise on how bad they sounded....just the scala needs to do something about their wack system.

Point taken Jimmy, although I would have to disagree with the "once again". I've been through the whole damn thing and tried to remove sections that were straight up abusive or where they questioned someone's work or character. I've not removed posts regarding people's actions. If there is anything remaining that anyone feels needs to be removed, then let me or Matt know and we'll take a look.

Apologies if we've left this thread alone for too long, but getting the balance right on a forum is difficult. People do have a right to have their say and if the mods are too controlling you get a sterile environment that nobody wants to visit.

didas
    My rhymes are so potent that in this small segment I made all of the ladies in the area pregnant.
  • didas;55011 wrote:

Point taken Jimmy, although I would have to disagree with the "once again".

The "once again" was regarding the exact same abuse Morgan & SS come up against last time when the topic ran at least 20 pages before it was locked and removed.

Why does it have to take 20 or so pages running over 5 days before a mod or admin do anything about it!! when clearly it shows at the bottom of the forum that those people have been online and could have removed any or all parts of the topic that are abusive, defamatory, threatening or likely to offend either individuals or groups.

Yes we have to keep a sterile environment but quite alot of the responses in this topic break the forum rules and if people are breaking them then what is the point of having any.
  • Jimmy Smithson;55013 wrote:

The "once again" was regarding the exact same abuse Morgan & SS come up against last time when the topic ran at least 20 pages before it was locked and removed.

Why does it have to take 20 or so pages running over 5 days before a mod or admin do anything about it!! when clearly it shows at the bottom of the forum that those people have been online and could have removed any or all parts of the topic that are abusive, defamatory, threatening or likely to offend either individuals or groups.

Yes we have to keep a sterile environment but quite alot of the responses in this topic break the forum rules and if people are breaking them then what is the point of having any.

Jimmy, the moral conscience of EE ;)